Seasons Sardines in Olive Oil

Options
deoxy4
deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
Sardines don't appeal to everyone. For those that indulge. Costco has a sale until the end of October 2015, 6 pack X 4.375 ounce cans. The regular price is $9.99, $3 off, for a final cost $6.99. Cost per can $1.17. Price as low as I have seen.

They are medium sized, boneless and skinless. Closer to dark tuna type of sardine. Good lunch sized protein serving to layer over salads.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This is one of my go-tos. I love the costco brand (and the cost) and love the portability. And yes, I often pick up a simple salad at work, and put a can of sardines on it. It's a fabulous lunch.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I <3 sardines! I put them in those small seaweed squares/wraps for mini sardine tacos! :p
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    JinksE21 wrote: »
    I <3 sardines! I put them in those small seaweed squares/wraps for mini sardine tacos! :p

that's a great idea!
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I always think of sardines as camping food! But I always have a can in the cupboard and they make a nice substitute for tuna in a sardine salad. Or my husband and I will split a can with drinks while playing cribbage on a very lazy Sunday afternoon
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    And, I like the ones in either mustard sauce or tabasco!