Like Minded Lushes - October 2015

Options

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    My monthly check in with the lushes!

Trampoline class...how fun!! I understand the 10 minutes thing. I remember renting a bouncy castle for my son's birthday way back when and I jumped in that thing for hours...I thought I would never walk again between my calves, core and my hamstring muscles...ouchy!!!

Glad to see everyone lushing along.

I have been drinking lots and feel like a poofy fluffer.

Bloody Marys are my choice tonight.

Got back from the Wooly worm festival and Renaissance Fair last weekend in North Carolina and had a blast. Dressed up for the first time and it was awesome! We got there too late for the beer tasting but our flasks did the trick. The Fall colors were just beginning and it was so pretty.

Catch all of you next month!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey wolf!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-1 flight, 1 beer and 6oz of wine
    I might finish up the wine tonight???
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    red wine with lasagna last night.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I've been to Woolly Worm Fest Wolf! My parents have a place in Banner Elk. It's was a cute little fest.

M - 0
    T - a little wine before leaving, 2 beers at dinner, 2 small glasses of red at Dracula = 4
    W - we finished off that open bottle, so 1
    R - Having friends for dinner. I'm getting 2 bottles of red and some vodka. I hope to keep it to a couple cocktails (going to muddle some cranberries and mix with some kind of vodka and apricot seltzer) and a couple glasses of wine
    F - birthday dinner out with my drinker girlfriends and hot tubbing after. I'd really like to moderate. I think I'm going to not drink wine in the hot tub (beer or vodka instead) and try to get to bed before midnight.

Saturday starts our almost 2 week hiatus!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi wolfie!!

Trampoline class would make me dizzy I think :sick:

I had a great day at the beach yesterday (see profile pic) but I needed it since I spent a good portion of Tuesday dealing with ANOTHER fraud case! Someone opened up a Walmart charge card in my name and charged over $1400 to the account. Scary. Previously someone had used my AMEX to charge stuff but in this instance the person had enough info on me to actually OPEN an account in my name.

Soooo...I had to contact all the credit bureaus and put a fraud alert on my accounts. Contact Walmart where I informed them I have never shopped there, nor would I ever, so please handle this immediately...oh and the charges took place in Connecticut and I've never been there either. :mad:
    Thieves SUCK HAIRY DONKEY BALLS!

On a good note I just sent a deposit for a Spring Break trip. I know, it's not even 2016 yet but I need something to look forward to. The son still likes to hang with us and I found a good deal at the place we like to stay..so that makes me happy.
    I actually had only 1 glass of wine yesterday at the beach...but practically a whole bottle Tuesday while I was dealing with all the bullsh!t. So this hasn't been a good a week as I expected it to be. Let's see if I can put together a few good days now. The husband's Cubs got their butts kicked so there will be no more baseball partying going on in this household. In a way I'm a little relieved (but don't tell him that)
    Cheers lushes! :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wed - 3 beers
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Boo Syd. That totally sucks.

I had 3 cocktails and probably 2 big glasses of wine last night. I'm a little slow today, but nothing some coffee can't take care of.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sydney, that is horrible!!!!! Good luck!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-1 flight, 1 beer, 6oz of wine
    Thursday-1 vodka/diet green tea and 6oz of wine
    Friday-BEER!!!!!!! SIL and BIL are coming up and we are doing a Bourbon County Stout tasting (several different ones from different years :bigsmile:)
    Tomorrow, is Len's family's annual Fallfest...Halloween Edition. We have a family costume....In laws are Amish and Lenny and I are breaking Amish....can't wait to see everyone all dresses up!!! In laws live in Amish Country, so it's only fitting :laugh:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Work has been stressing me out. Bottle of white last night.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I went out with a bang Friday. I had a beer and a wine before dinner. Probably 3 glasses of wine at dinner, and a lychee martini, and a lemondrop shot. Then I had a beer and a glass or two of wine in the hot tub after. I was only up till maybe 12:30, which isn't terrible for a weekend, but I didn't drink enough water so I was uber hungover till about 3 Saturday. I dragged my @ss to the coffee shop and farmers market, but it was hard. Then I rallied around 3 and took the kids to Target and grocery shopping. I was grocery shopping at 6pm on a Saturday..... And it was kind of great. I was in bed asleep by 10 and day 1 of no drinking was super easy because I was hungover. So here we go on our two weeks! Eric went running Saturday, then we hiked about 3 miles with the kids yesterday and he got up and went spinning at 6am this morning! I'm proud of him. Have a great week lushes.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Monday Lushes!
    I hope you all had a good weekend. I am a bit hanky this mornings so I hope today will be a zero.
    Syd, I will be in San Diego this weekend. Maybe we can grab a glass of wine or something.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Fun weekend. Probably drank too much Friday, but felt pretty good Saturday, went for a walk early, then prepped for the party. It was a highly successful party, great costumes and great times.
    I was dragging a bit yesterday, spent most of the day in bed catching up on shows. 1 1/2 beers.
    I am working from home today. I didn't sleep well and my body is achy and sore. Gonna shot for at least 3 zeros this week.
    Ashley good luck with the next 2 weeks!! You guys are gonna do great.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Where ya going to be, Robin?
    We have my cousin's sons graduation from boot camp on Friday and a Halloween party to go to on Saturday...so things look a bit crazy. But let me know what your schedule looks like and where you'll be...maybe I could sneak away at some point.

Things are plugging along here. The husband has been sick so that's always fun. I'm doing my best to just not catch it from him.
    Tomorrow I meet up with the Orthopedic surgeon for a follow up on the shoulder. I'm so much better than I was but I am frustrated about lack of recent progress.
    I'll probably have a glass of wine tonight.
    Friday- 1 beer and 1 glass of wine
    Saturday-3 glasses of wine and 3 whiskey/cokes.
    Sunday-0 I was hungover
    Monday-1 glass of wine?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Day 3 of no booze success! The thought crossed my mind that a glass of red would be good with the crock pot lasagna, but no biggie.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Good luck with the appt Sydney!!!
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    It's been too long! Sorry, will just jump in and say I have been moderating pretty well!
    Friday=3 drinks
    Saturday=1 beer
    Sunday=1 bloody mary
    Monday=0

The only day I might be drinking is Thursday, a birthday dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.
    And then, Halloween! We have a party Friday and might do concert Saturday.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! Glad you're checking in!

Sunday - 3 glasses of wine
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - will be 0...

I hoping that I will have 0's until Friday, but IDK! Tonight will be a challenge because my KC Royals are in the World Series and Game 1 is tonight!!! I hope they win it all! :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Syd, we will be at the best western plus bayside. We get in friday early afternoon and leave sunday 2 ish.
    I am crazy at work so the libations at home aren't so moderate.
    Glad yo checked in Amy. Once a lush always a lush and all are greeted with open arms.
    Friday cannot come soon enough.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

Royals won Game 1 last night of the World Series! Hoping they win 3 more!!