What's your favorite clean eating snack??

Options

Replies

• SeriousPC
    SeriousPC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Slice an apple, sprinkle with cinnamon, dip in plain greek yogurt... can you say 'apple pie'. LOL Well, it works or me!

1% cottage cheese with cucumber slices...

its all about simple for me :)
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    For me it is almonds or grapes
  • pinkharmony1965
    pinkharmony1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mango
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    nut butters, homemade muffins that are around 150 calories. Here's a great recipe for this time of year.

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2012/09/25/recipe-whole-spelt-pumpkin-muffins-and-other-spelt-recipes/

• Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I went to an herbalist conference this summer and was introduced to the wonders of raw vegan, quick and easy, nutritious, immune friendly, power balls, energy bars and other wonder treats. I've been combing the internet looking for quick, delicious, superfood recipes. My biggest success to date is homemade

No Guilt Almond Joy Bites.

1 cup organic coconut
    3 tablespoon coconut oil
    1 tsp vanilla
    Pinch of salt
    Raw almonds
    2 oz. 70% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips , can use cocoa nibs or perhaps cocoa powder
    2 tablespoon raw honey

(recipe called for 4 oz. chocolate chips. Way too much ended up double dipping and made 1/2 cup chocolate raisins, too.)

Reserve chocolate and almonds. Process other ingredients until they form a ball. Using parchment lined baking sheet, form 1/2 tablespoon portions into rectangles. Set almond on top and freeze 20-30 minutes until firm. Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave in 15 second increments, stirring each time. Dip bites in chocolate. They will set up quickly. Should make 3-4 dozen bites depending on size. About 30-40 minutes with clean up.

Be sure to share. They are calorie dense, but oh so delicious.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like grapes kept in the fridge. Stays fresh and has a bit of a crunch. Anytime I open the fridge to look for a snack I usually start eating those. Cherries. Watermelon salad. Raw cashews.apples. red pepper hummus with vegetables. Edamame. Guacamole.
  • curbanec
    curbanec Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    right now my favorite snack is cottage cheese with blueberries, or blueberries with almonds
  • rdbasile
    rdbasile Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    almonds, salsa, and homemade jerky right now

I just got a dehydrator. Do you have any good jerky recipes?
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    I like a small amount of any of the following (or a combination) - pumpkin seeds, almonds, prunes, dried apricots, dried currants, dried cranberries, walnut halves, salted peanuts, dried apple rings, dates, dried figs, plain popcorn, smoked soya 'cheese', sultanas, raisins, cashews, toasted sunflower seeds, fresh apple slices, small banana, a couple of squares of dark chocolate, a spoonful of peanut butter (is usually followed by another spoonful)
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Guacamole, yogurt
  • Sashysash2806
    Sashysash2806 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Almonds,egg whites,cucumbers,cottage cheese
  • theharvestkitchen
    theharvestkitchen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Almond butter! Either on celery sticks or by the spoonful. This is the best homemade honey-roasted almond butter recipe
    http://www.theharvestkitchen.com/honey-roasted-almond-butter/
  • doccnm
    doccnm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kale blended with chocolate protein powder, frozen unsweetened cherries water acai juice and frozen beets. Dried figs stuffed with 1-2 whole raw almonds, shredded zucchini sautéed in olive oil spray and topped with home made marinara sauce. All good, all filling, some portable, some distract you from eating because you have to prep. I try to stay away from too much fruit (sugar, bloating etc).
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Right now my two favorite snacks are: raw broccoli or almond/craisins mix. I can't get enough!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i first bought "kombu" (seaweed) to boil with legumes because it reduces the gassy effect...... but now i'm eating it right out of the bag! it kicks my craving for something salty and crunchy!
  • johnpacuta
    johnpacuta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new to clean eating, so this may not be right, but I will eat a cup of fresh broccoli mixed in with egg and jalapeno. I usually microwave it for 5 minutes and add pepper....feels good man
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    mmmmm all these snacks sound delicious ! I like organic apples and pumpkin butter these days.. seems to hit the spot for a snack and then making sure I have nice rounded meals so Im not craving any other kind of snacks !
  • kyley_ann
    kyley_ann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've started making green smoothies--loads of spinach, some frozen peaches, and almond milk. My husband hates them (prefers smoothies w lots of berries) but I LOVE it. Super fresh tasting.

This time of year I also love grapefruit. I peel each section and eat it as I go. Takes a while, and makes a mess, but it's delicious and fills you up more than most 80 calorie options!

• kyley_ann
    kyley_ann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    johnpacuta wrote: »
    I'm new to clean eating, so this may not be right, but I will eat a cup of fresh broccoli mixed in with egg and jalapeno. I usually microwave it for 5 minutes and add pepper....feels good man

Mmm sounds good!
  • AlimByrd
    AlimByrd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cherries!