I need some inspiration and motivation! Let's do some before and after pics!

Options
TBeverly49
TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
I am starting to get in a slump. I need some motivation and inspiration for friends on MFP. !!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Started Keto in May. 164.5 wearing a snug size US 12 women's to 137 wearing US 7/8 juniors (the only jeans I currently have I got from a place that's only juniors sizing). Probably a 6 Womens??
    wsbgt4h20xvn.jpeg
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look great!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've actually had a bad couple of months. I was very stressed (tons of big things happening around here) and made exceptions a few times. Yes, even I can slip. :blush: Plus, I injured myself working out and put myself out of commission for almost 6 weeks. Hint, when you hurt yourself, you shouldn't try and ignore it for two weeks while still working out.

Anyway, I have put on maybe 3 kg. I was actually talking with a friend about how bad I have been doing, and he got on my case and sent me the before picture below. He asked me, "Do you want to go back to this?" Obviously, I don't. My profile picture is what I look like at my best, but the after here is what I look like now. It was actually taken just last Friday when my wife and I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (where I ate horribly--so much candy, so much fail). The shirt is especially unflattering (the way the stripe was glued on makes it look like I have boobs and my belly look wider), plus the shirt didn't fit well. I went as Donald (if you can't tell). This was my wife's idea. LOL, love is dressing up like a dork when your wife wants you to.

vpxfgkc4msq6.png

I have no idea about the weight in the first picture. It was probably just north of 100 kg (220 pounds). The current picture was around 75 kg, my profile is closer to 72 kg. I am working to get to 72 kg, but with a lot more muscle. I'm fine staying at 75 kg, for the time being, as long as I can add some more muscle. I want strength more than weight loss at the moment.

Anyway, I am committing (with the friend mentioned above) to absolute strict diet and exercise compliance through the rest of this year. He's going to hold me accountable, and I will hold him accountable. In time, I will look even better than the profile picture.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Down from a size 22 to a 16.

jcrz4t1k91j2.jpg

• SarahKat81
    SarahKat81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Both of you look great!!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ , @FIT_Goat , @AngInCanada ....amazing results!! I love these types of post.....they help me stay motivated!!!zmh6pgufhst5.jpeg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ , @FIT_Goat , @AngInCanada ....amazing results!! I love these types of post.....they help me stay motivated!!!zmh6pgufhst5.jpeg

Great progress for you too and you're hair is super hot! ;)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    2jn6aq8uyupg.jpg

Everyone is looking really good!

@Fit_Goat, but you're still here! I know you haven't been as "present" but ...................................you know what to do. Hang in there! Anyone can fall! Perfection is never expected around here! One of the best things about this group! :smiley:
  • Jbarnes1210
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ thank you! I'm trying something different! @FIT_Goat , we all go through ruff patches, keep your head up! It's always good to have a partner to keep each other accountable!

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am still here. And, I still am eating just meat almost all of the time. I've had a couple times this month where I gave into candy and crap foods, which only reminds me of why I stay away from them in the first place. Most of them also started with me thinking "a few nuts would be fine." I know there's a reason I don't eat nuts. Then I want something sweeter. And, then I just cave.

I haven't been around here, a lot, because of work and home stress. It's not because of the food slipping.

I have had my A/C unit die. Did you know an A/C unit can remove up to 9 gallons (30+ liters) of water from the air in your home? Do you know what it's like when it's removing it and dumping it into the space behind the unit in your walls? We'd walk into the kitchen and water was squirting up through the floor. That was few thousand dollars to have replaced. The unit was almost two decades old, so it was a full replace and not just a repair situation.

I refinanced the house. Of course the A/C dies in the middle of that process. Nothing throw a wrench in the underwriting process like a new credit request and a large purchase. It all worked out, in the end, but it was a bit touch and go for a while.

My job. . . don't get me started. This is probably one of the few times when I could ever say that I am not enjoying my job. I don't even know where to start. But, I'm stressed and unhappy this year. I'm trying to get back into my happy place. The workload is killing me.

My father-in-law, uncurable cancer. So, that's occupying a lot of mental time.

My wife's health has not been good since the last time she went to the doctor. Things haven't really gotten better. She's been rescheduling her appt. and avoiding getting her blood tests for a while. She was supposed to go back in September. Right now, she says she's getting the blood tests this week and will be going to the appt. in early November. I am worried. I don't want something serious to be wrong.

Anyway, I am here. But, I haven't been in a "posting" mood much of the time. I've just had too much other crap going on.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    Oh @Goat, I'm so sorry to hear of all your troubles and stress! My heart goes out to you! I do hope everything improves and life gets easier again for you! You are such an inspiration to me, I wish you all the best! Everything will work out , I am sure if it!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Down from a size 22 to a 16.

jcrz4t1k91j2.jpg

Oh wow girl you are looking amazing!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options

Gorgeous, you look like a different person
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks great on here! It's a great testament to dedication and hard work. Also, digging Sunny Bunny's Ramones shirt!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    You all look great!! Awesome job and my inspiration :)
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    robosphere wrote: »
    Everyone looks great on here! It's a great testament to dedication and hard work. Also, digging Sunny Bunny's Ramones shirt!

Lol! I always get compliments on that shirt. And it's never fit as good as it does now!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Fit_Goat! My goodness! When it rains...right? So sorry for the stressors! You have been a huge inspiration for me and your absence was felt. I'm so glad you're still here! :smiley:
  • Jbarnes1210
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Fit_Goat...that sucks!! Hopefully things will turn around soon, if it isn't one thing its always another..
    I personally have been lagging when it comes to logging my artificial sweeteners. It's chilly here in Michigan, I've been drinking more coffee, with more sweet n low. I used a keto stick today and it was negative. I don't use them often, but did today. I've been using like 6 packs of sweeteners daily. Tomorrow its back to 2, I'll have to try heavy cream only in the other cups..
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @fit_goat Sorry to hear about your problems, it makes mine seem small. Thanks everyone for the pics. I know I can do this. Just sometimes I feel I'm not doing well, even though I have lost a lost of weight. I look in the mirror and think, it doesn't look like I have accomplished anything. Even though I know my cloths have dropped from a 24 to a 16 or a XX2 to a Xl or large, but my visual is not making me happy. Thanks everyone!