Wrap it up for the Sunday night blues

Options
Grab some lemons, maybe some detox tea (I like yogis peach detox. I put honey and lemons in it) , stock up ur fruits and veggies at the store and make sure your water bottles are clean. We are back on the wagon again tomorrow. I'm going to try for today too. Before I fully bring the hammer down on myself, tell me- what was the best cocktail u had all weekend? I had a nice martini yesterday w/ blue cheese stuffed olives....yum.

Replies

• AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yum! I had a lot of delicious wine. Especially this 2013 Oregon Pinot by one of my favorite producers. Didn't drink yesterday, we had 1 glass left in the bottle and I forced it on my husband. (He didn't seem to mind too much.)
  • barbh2001
    barbh2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a Salty Pear Martini on Saturday. It was gooood. I can easily have 2 and then wine with dinner, but I kept it to 1 Saturday. It felt pretty good just to enjoy/savor that 1 really good drink. And I didn't feel yucky the next day. The older I get, the worse I feel, even after drinking a little. Another reason for me to cut back!
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump....,where's the emoticon for hangover? :s
  • barbh2001
    barbh2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I needed it yesterday. A weird side effect of not drinking as much during the week is I can't handle as much alcohol on the weekend as I used to. So I don't do a good job of stopping myself and bam. Hangover.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Oof, I didn't drink on Saturday night but ended up going to a friend's house for dinner last night. Had 3 glasses of wine, alternated with water, and still ended up hungover today. Yuck.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @AJMB704 hungover after three glasses w/ water? No fair!!!! R u by any chance a smoker? I quit last yr and it cut my hangovers in half and god help me if I sneak one when drinking, blech I end up sooo hungover the next day that it eliminated the occasional slip too. Anyways, best of luck this week!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    @AJMB704 hungover after three glasses w/ water? No fair!!!! R u by any chance a smoker? I quit last yr and it cut my hangovers in half and god help me if I sneak one when drinking, blech I end up sooo hungover the next day that it eliminated the occasional slip too. Anyways, best of luck this week!

Oh gosh, no! I have never touched a cigarette in my life. But I could see that. Seems like it would contribute to dehydration itself. I was quite annoyed with getting a hangover after being fairly careful with my intake. I think part of it is that I'm not drinking as much and also I'm losing weight so I'm getting to be more of a lightweight drinker.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I drank waaay to much wine on Saturday and 2 glasses on Sunday.
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I quit a few years ago and my hangovers went from a 10 to a 5! I used to call them smokeovers. The more I drank the more I smoked and BOOM! Felt like the walking dead the next day!!!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I know. Damn things r so gross.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Bump it up. I just ate a baby Ruth. But I did not have a cocktail!
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I drank way too much at a party last night and made a fool of myself. I think I'm going to cool it on the booze for awhile
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Almost 3 beers today. Was at a major league event and had courtside seats which meant unlimited, all-inclusive food and booze, compliments of my firm. Had to take advantage! ;) It was really fun even though we tied. Back to behaving tomorrow.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    AJMB704 wrote: »
    Almost 3 beers today. Was at a major league event and had courtside seats which meant unlimited, all-inclusive food and booze, compliments of my firm. Had to take advantage! ;) It was really fun even though we tied. Back to behaving tomorrow.

Nice! I meant the courtside seats LOL!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @lizwooshy I'm so so sorry. We've all been there. Just remember no one is thinking about it the next day as much as you. Still, hate that feeling. We'll help u hang it up to dry for as long as u need.
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @lizwooshy I'm so so sorry. We've all been there. Just remember no one is thinking about it the next day as much as you. Still, hate that feeling. We'll help u hang it up to dry for as long as u need.

Thanks for the support. I don't think others are worried about it, but my boyfriend is very upset with me. Worst feeling :/
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    lizwooshy wrote: »

Thanks for the support. I don't think others are worried about it, but my boyfriend is very upset with me. Worst feeling :/

Yeah that is a bad feeling especially if your SO is upset. Most people don't care. As long as you weren't fighting anyone you're good. I am a loveable drunk so most people remember how silly and loveable I am. but I understand the need to dry out. We've all been there..
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    @lizwooshy ugh - yeah that's a terrible feeling, I sometimes say things I am so embarrassed about later. However I'm sure no one else cares unless you said something super mean or hit on someones husband!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Yes share if u like, no pressure- y is he so mad? U don't have to tell me. Mines mad at me frequently, like right now, but usually cuz of his own issues and not really something I did (like right now) Took me a long time to figure that out and not believe that his upset should automatically equal my guilt. And that has helped me stay calm and generally more balanced. That's been a hard place to get to tho!! Hope he is coming around...eventually they do.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    lizwooshy wrote: »
    I drank way too much at a party last night and made a fool of myself. I think I'm going to cool it on the booze for awhile

That's the worst part about drinking. Saying or doing stupid things that you regret in the AM. Been there. I feel you.