I need some inspiration and motivation! Let's do some before and after pics!

Options

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    @FIT_Goat, hope things are getting better. Glad you are still reading along, hang in there.

I finally put together a before (82kg, 180lbs) and after (69kg) pic, and just wrote up a post for a journal of a group that I belong to here in Japan about LCHF and my carboholic journey... these are the pics I used for that, too. Not as long or as tough a journey as some of you people here (who are AMAZING) but proof that after menopause, a girl can still make changes!

cybvxvho58v3.jpg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Batlady49, sometimes "seeing the weight loss is hard! Every time you look in the mirror you still see the bigger you! After my sleeve surgery, 5 1/2 years ago I lost 100 pounds, but still saw the 318 pound me in the mirror. I recommend you put new pictures of your self everywhere (refrigerator, bathroom mirror...wherever you can see them everyday). This was recommended by my psychiatrist, btw. Also, if you can, remove any before pictures away from your everyday site. It's great to look at, for comparison, just not regularly. Hang in there! You're doing great!! :smiley:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I am still here. And, I still am eating just meat almost all of the time. I've had a couple times this month where I gave into candy and crap foods, which only reminds me of why I stay away from them in the first place. Most of them also started with me thinking "a few nuts would be fine." I know there's a reason I don't eat nuts. Then I want something sweeter. And, then I just cave.

I haven't been around here, a lot, because of work and home stress. It's not because of the food slipping.

I have had my A/C unit die. Did you know an A/C unit can remove up to 9 gallons (30+ liters) of water from the air in your home? Do you know what it's like when it's removing it and dumping it into the space behind the unit in your walls? We'd walk into the kitchen and water was squirting up through the floor. That was few thousand dollars to have replaced. The unit was almost two decades old, so it was a full replace and not just a repair situation.

I refinanced the house. Of course the A/C dies in the middle of that process. Nothing throw a wrench in the underwriting process like a new credit request and a large purchase. It all worked out, in the end, but it was a bit touch and go for a while.

My job. . . don't get me started. This is probably one of the few times when I could ever say that I am not enjoying my job. I don't even know where to start. But, I'm stressed and unhappy this year. I'm trying to get back into my happy place. The workload is killing me.

My father-in-law, uncurable cancer. So, that's occupying a lot of mental time.

My wife's health has not been good since the last time she went to the doctor. Things haven't really gotten better. She's been rescheduling her appt. and avoiding getting her blood tests for a while. She was supposed to go back in September. Right now, she says she's getting the blood tests this week and will be going to the appt. in early November. I am worried. I don't want something serious to be wrong.

Anyway, I am here. But, I haven't been in a "posting" mood much of the time. I've just had too much other crap going on.

Well you've been missed. I hope the deluge lets up soon. Crap just piles on us all at once doesn't it? Hang in there.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Everybody is looking so frickin' awesome!

Here's mine:
    Before: circa 252lb
    toal3c2xsisw.png

At Minus 100lb
    apibl2ad915s.jpgm188gbl0uugl.jpg

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You all are an inspiration and look amazing! Thank you....this motivates me to lose my 20-25 pounds!
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Here's mine:
    toal3c2xsisw.png

At Minus 100lb

Wow! What kind of time frame is that, just out of curiosity? No matter what, it's an amazing transformation!
  • baconslave
    Options
    robosphere wrote: »

Wow! What kind of time frame is that, just out of curiosity? No matter what, it's an amazing transformation!

I started keto June 3, 2014. So a year and 4 months or so.
  • ndvoice
    ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Here's mine:
    toal3c2xsisw.png

At Minus 100lb

Amazing!! This is really inspiring! I'm your before weight & hoping to get to your after weight!

• nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look great!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Just, wow! You look terrific.
  • gtm5
    gtm5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You all look fabulous! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Started 10 months ago at a tight size 24. Today a size 14 and shrinking. I would love to post pics but can't figure out how...
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just have face shots, but I'm feeling good!xy8m7f3txjau.jpeg
  • baconslave
    Options
    miche173 wrote: »
    I just have face shots, but I'm feeling good!
    Looking good, too!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Looking great everyone!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    miche173 wrote: »
    I just have face shots, but I'm feeling good!xy8m7f3txjau.jpeg

wow!!!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at all the transformations. Even though the mirror lies to me, i know the clothes are fitting baggy! Thanks everyone.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    8 months and 54 pounds later....
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Well that was a fail.... Let me try again.... vjo4igkpx1um.jpg
  • kmarieb83
    kmarieb83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    August to now! Feeling good, 35 lbs to go! a77d8rj0jzky.jpeg