Wrap it up for the Sunday night blues

Options

Replies

• lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to get in to it. I think he has the right to be upset, but I think he has been overreacting. Last night was better towards the end of the night, we will see about tonight.

I do have a bad habit of drinking so much that I black out a couple times a year, and I think that is part of why he is so mad. It's definitely something I want to stop, as it is unhealthy for me and for my relationship.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have our crutches. My thing is getting a bottle of wine, some cigarettes and chilling on the patio or on couch watching garbage TV which usually ends up with me passing out on the couch! A bad habit that I am trying to break!
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Had 2 beers yesterday :| my boss asked me last minute to a professional sporting event since his wife got sick. So he had an extra ticket. And it was for work (we had 8 tix total) so I went to socialize with the clients. I had less than most of our clients though! A few of them had probably 5 cocktails each. Yikes.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    AJMB704 wrote: »
    Had 2 beers yesterday :| my boss asked me last minute to a professional sporting event since his wife got sick. So he had an extra ticket. And it was for work (we had 8 tix total) so I went to socialize with the clients. I had less than most of our clients though! A few of them had probably 5 cocktails each. Yikes.
    Those are my kind of clients!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    One glass of white wine tonight. Bottle was open and we couldn't let it go to waste! Tomorrow I'm back on the wagon.
  • lizwooshy
    Options
    So I indulged for the past 5 days. Didn't count calories and didn't count drinks. Tomorrow is back to work and back on the grind. Gym and lunch bags are packed, and I have most of the day pre-logged.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @lizwooshy glad to know we're in the same boat. Last five days were totally worth it!!
  • lizwooshy
    Options
    Def worth it! Fun for a few days, but not how I want to live 90% of the time
  • AJMB704
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Drinking a 20 oz chocolate hazelnut porter tonight in honor of Caleb Porter, the coach of the Portland Timbers. We won the MLS championship today! Huzzah!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    No alcohol yesterday! Not drinking until the 24th.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Stuck to water last night...I really should buckle down for the next 3 days before we take a mini vacation with friends from Dec 31-Jan 3, but I don't wanna!!!! :s

We will see how I do these next 3 days. It's definitely hard to go back to not drinking once you've been enjoying libations for the past 5 days in a row.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    U can do it!! Save up for vaca! I'm barely counting right now as I'm sort of on vaca. I'm a sahm and my bf and child r off tho one is at her daddy's right now so that makes not drinking even harder cuz I don't have to get up in the am!! Well be back on the wagon by Jan 4. U can't be all good all of the time!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Ugh my 12 days of Christmas have been like the 12 days of boozemas!! No drinks tonight and I'm following thru to Friday. I'm drinking on Friday.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Hi! I had a glass of wine last night. Today starts South Beach Diet phase 1 - only for 12 days, in our run up to Las Vegas. We leave next Saturday. And then I'll be back to watching portions like usual. The low carb thing is the quickest way for me to slim down in a hurry. I need a jump start after all the fun I had this long New Year's weekend.

Will have one "cheat" meal on Friday night with alcohol (work holiday party) but before and after that we are brig super careful with food and alcohol. Wish me luck...
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I did terrible over the last two weeks.. Blaming the holidays.. Back to it today!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    South beach! You've got some good outfits picked out for Vegas huh? :wink:
    @tmbg1 me too. I'm not going anywhere near my scale!!
  • AJMB704
    Options
    @elizabethymartin HAH! No way. Vegas is like 50 degrees and I don't wear skimpy outfits anyway o:) but we are seeing friends we haven't seen in 2 years and the wife is looking super slim and toned. Just don't want to look like a huge cow next to her. Maybe just a baby cow.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I HIGHLY doubt u are veal my friend
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I am so not drinking!!! The holidays was a bust. No logging all eating and A LOT of drinking! Got on the scale yesterday up 5 lbs! My clothes are tight. Wearing stretch pants all day! Back in the gym yesterday and I am ready to rock it out!!! LOL! I am not depressed this was my own doing. Too much alcohol destroyed my digestive system so I am glad I am back to my routine! I hope everyone did a lot better than me!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!