• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »
    Dragon wolf / deena_bean - was this what you wanted?

aq1nx5uq9gim.jpg

No, not quite. The original infographic had a bunch of bars like the image I posted (in fact, that's part of, but the whole thing is no longer available in its original form). That one looks like the new one, though does appear to have the color coding still there. I liked the range better, though, because it wasn't just red-yellow-green, but rather a gradient (so some things might be "yellow," technically, but fall more toward the green or red side).

This was how the original looked, but you'll be hard-pressed to find it in its original full size (I think he switched to the roadmap, so you can't even get this one emailed to you anymore):

bulletproofdietgraphic.png
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I'm new to this group but not low carb. My trainer started me on low carb in September. It started out great with 13lbs lost in about a month. I went off track a lot though and now I'm only at 7 lbs lost. I'm trying to get back on track so this info is very helpful. My husband gets very bored easily so I'll for sure be looking up keto meals. Thanks, and feel free to add me. I need all the friends I can get on this journey.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    The main reasons I see folks fail are: they make it harder than it has to be, they try to do it in an extreme way, they box themselves into limited options, they try to make it match all their former addictions, they don't focus on the mental side of food cravings/addictions/compulsions, they don't study the science, they don't get enough electrolytes in the beginning, they don't take breaks from exercise/slow it down while adjusting, and they over-sweeten things trying to get that "sweet high" one has on a traditional diet.

Yes! Imitation anything isn't as good as whatever the native menu is. It is like vegetarian restaurants that serve tofurky, or seitan chicken - they never win any converts, because fake turkey or fake chicken are never going to be as good as the real thing. On the other hand, vegetarian food that doesn't pretend to be meat is extraordinarily rich with as many (or more) varied flavors that meat based meals, once you wrap your head around the idea that you don't have to have meat at every meal.

The best way to succeed at any change in diet is to look at it as new territory, not an imitation of where you've been. Because an imitation is never going to be as good as the real thing, and you are more likely to fail because when you have the "cheap" imitation, you are likely to start craving the real thing (if only because the imitation reminds you of the real thing without satisfying the delight of eating it).

I look for a variety of foods with a similar macro-nutrient balance to my daily goals - that way it doesn't take much effort to balance off carbs and protein at the end of the day. I'm also finding staples that I can create multiple varieties of. I have an Indian inspired egg bake (garam masala, cumin, and ground coriander), a savory one (thyme, oregano, basil), and I expect I'll add others as I go along. Each of these can be made with many varieties of veggies. (I even got away with putting a little sweet potato in one without driving my blood glucose or carb count over the top!)

• chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm just not eating grains. I'm still eating all my veggies. I easily stay under 50g of carbs per day
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Neohdiver sez: "….they never win any converts, because fake turkey or fake chicken are never going to be as good as the real thing. The best way to succeed at any change in diet is to look at it as new territory, not an imitation of where you've been."

Very well said!
    The very opinionated, very Vegan technician in my doctor's office was going on and on about HER moral choices for being that way..and insisted that "….people can have meat like turkey" ie 'tofurkey'….and other faux meats.

I feel "why bother?" Probably only those who are conflicted and need to convince themselves they aren't "missing" meat choose these visually mimicking foods.

(Which brings up why we show raw steaks/uncooked meats as symbols of LCHF…when no one eats them that way)
    We don't show a raw bloody chicken parts either for LCHF.....so raw red meat seems odd, and not appetizing.)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'm eating more veggies than before. Suddenly, they're the food I like. I don't really love most meats without having rice, noodles, or some kind of carbs with them. Thank God for eggs.