Like Minded Lushes - November 2015

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'd also like to thank my ex-smoker lushes for their stories....it helps!! Day 4 today. Wine and no cigs last night, not even the e-cig!!
    AND less than 9 weeks... :bigsmile:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. In looking over the diagnosis, I also see sepsis. Either the meningitis or the sepsis cold have done me in. I went from feeling crummy at 8 am to being semi conscious at 10 am. Not sure I would be here if not for my wife calling 911. Very scary indeed!

Oh, and way to go on the cig moderation!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh Gary :worried: So glad you're on the mend now but that is some scary stuff.

I'm lushing along and picking up the slack for all those zero catchers ;):D

Girls night tonight so I need to work out, clean up and then relax with the gals for our make up Hocus Pocus night! :drinker: :smiley:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Wow Gary. Very very scary. I am glad you are okay.
    Kate, when I quit I just quit. I did 10 jumping jacks when ever I had the urge. They say if you change your focus and breathe deep you can get through the urge. Since I was so uncoordinated it took all of my focus to do 10 perfect jumping jacks as quickly as possible. Then I was breathing deep because I was out of shape back then. :smiley:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Syd - glad you're feeling better!
    Robin - welcome back!
    Gary - Holy Smokes! That is incredibly frightening - so glad your wife was there to call 911 and happy you're on the mend - sepsis is nothing to mess with nor is meningitis...yikes! :#
    Kate - As a former smoker - you've got this and you can do it!! It's one of the hardest things I've ever done but every day gets easier and you feel stronger (and superior) over others that don't do it! (at least I did!! :) )
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Today begins day 5.....this thread has now become my lushy/quit smoking thread :laugh:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-12oz of wine
    Thursday-2 vodka/diet green teas, 1 beer, and 6oz of wine. I have a MAJOR headache today...but I did get my workout in.
    Not sure what the plan is tonight. Everyone is going to see my other SIL, who can't make the party Saturday, so maybe Len and I will go out and grab some beers or maybe we'll hang out at home and enjoy the quite?? Either way there will be some drinks!
    Tomorrow, nephew's party.
    Have a great weekend
    xoxo
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yay Kate! I like hearing about your journey. And funny how so many of us were smokers.... I tend to see similar characteristics among several of my friends in my groups here.

Today ends my booze free. It has been a really positive experience. I lost 4.5 pounds this month and am just 1 pound from pre-preg weight....finally! Eric and I were having dinner (at Applebee's...because we had a GC...with no booze.....) last night and he asked if we were drinking tonight. I was like, "Yeah!" But he says he is feeling better in so many ways. He has started working out and logging food here (YAY!) and I think that contributes as well, but I have to think the no booze has helped as well. So we are really going to try to make an effort to do a little better with the drinking by limiting to only 1 week night of drinking and cutting out the extremely excessive (like 10 drinks a night) stuff. Not T-totalling by any means, but just bringing it in a little. So that's that.

But I am looking forward to some wine tonight!! :drinker: Have a great weekend all!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Ashley that is so awesome, congrats to you guys!!! Enjoy your wine!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Drank too much Friday and Saturday, oof, reeling it in today but still enjoying some prosecco :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Two days of meds left!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Good to hear Gary!!!

Friday-6 beers
    Saturday-bottle of wine, homemade cider, beer...lots!!!
    Sunday-1/2 beer, 3 cocktails and 2 glasses of red.
    Monday-0

We did bum a couple cigs on Satuday, but I am not feeling too guilty about because at least I didn't buy a pack and smoke it all weekend. Lenny and I split them, so 2 cigs.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I did not go nuts over the weekend, so that was good. I had 2 glasses of wine and a couple beers Friday night. Saturday had 2 beers and 3 wines at the wedding and we stopped for a drink on the way home. Had another glass of wine at home. Was a little foggy Saturday night. Yesterday I had a beer while smoking chicken and then split a beer at family birthdays. Going to shoot for 0's till Friday. My calories were up quite a bit Friday and Saturday! But I did counter a little with some running.
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Had a busy, productive weekend...not a lot of alcohol, so that was good.
    Friday - 1 glass wine
    Saturday - 1 glass wine
    Sunday - 3 grapefruit rum/grapefruit sparkling waters...

Shooting for zero's till Friday - good start for Monday despite being crazy busy at work. :#
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So much for my zero....last night of SIL's visit so we toasted to their son's first bday, which is today. I had 4oz of local wine they picked up and a teeny amount of our melomel.
    Tuesday-0...for reals this time :wink:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I got a 0 last night. I almost finished the little bit of red wine on the counter, but decided to eat pizza and Halloween candy instead. Plan is a 0 tonight too. I may drink something Wednesday. I didn't love the red I got over the weekend so I may just let it go.... GASP!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Haha Ashley...use it to cook with.
    Looks like everyone is moderating quite well. I didn't have more than 1 beer and glass of wine each day over the weekend. Last night I had wine. It's cold here...I just love a glass of red wine when it's chilly out. :drinker:
    I am sore as hell today. Between PT and my workout I'm feeling it. I know the best remedy is to move more but I just feel like curling up under the covers. But I am stuck at my same weight and really want to drop a couple before the end of the year...so I need to up my exercise game.
    Gary...glad you're at the finish line to recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes Sydney- PICC line came out today so no more of the iv antibiotics!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    That's fabulous news Gary!!!!

Hmm, rethinking my 0........nothing crazy, maybe some wine, maybe a cocktail, maybe nothing......
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Well, so much for no drinks till Friday...it was a good idea in theory though... ;)
    2 vodka/SoBe waters last night while watching the hockey game.

Gary - great news about the PICC line!!
    Ashley - horrors! That is alcohol abuse!! :blush:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-2 small pours of wine/mead
    Tuesday-1/2 a bottle of chardonnay...:noway: oh well.....and honestly since I've already drank the last two days and will be drinking tomorrow, I will probably continue on tonight.......

The no cig thing has been going pretty good. I use the e-cig in the morning and the patch during the day/night. It isn't terrible!!!