Not losing

Options
2»

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Five pounds in a month is textbook perfect weight loss. Just stick with it.
  • MarcieAvaJ
    MarcieAvaJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT! I echo the refrain....be loving and patient with yourself and your baby will feel the love too! I like your idea of measuring. For an added boost....do three measurements on your belly. 2" above the navel, at the navel, and 2" below. Low carb eating really tightens up your body and this is where the proof lies....not on your scale. Add the total losses up and measure once a week or once every two weeks. You will be amazed. And of course stay hydrated!!!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1. It's been 4 weeks, sometimes I go 6 weeks without losing anything and I have A LOT more to lose than you.
    2. You lost 5lbs, that's great. I've lost 20lbs in 8 months and I'm super strict, haven't had one day off plan.
    3. You just had a baby.
    4. You don't have heaps to lose, a lb a week is a lot more than some people manage.
    5. You've admitted at least 1 of those 4 weeks you haven't been eating to plan, which is bound to hinder your progress.
    6. Weightloss is not linear. It's common to lose 2lb, gain back 1lb, lose nothing for a month, etc. It took me 6 weeks to lose 2kg (4lb) and on Saturday morning it was back.
    7. Hormones.
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hormones apparently not only hinder weightloss, but also make you impatient and frustrated. Haha. I'm doing better now and have tried to chill out about it. I had to remember that it's not a race and that I'm not doing this just for a better looking body...but a better working body
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Wow! that is one great low carb story/family. Having a patient that listened to his advice was a shock I guess. :)

Something tells me the kids may stay this way even after they gain access to carbs. Homeschooling would help or she can send the lunches.

There are a few families that I know of that follow that way of eating (kids included). One of them, with kids that are older, actually did allow them to try carby foods, and they didn't like them and chose to maintain the way of eating they were already used to. It was a cool read, but unfortunately, their interview with a blogger got noticed by a mainstream news outlet and got bombarded with vitriol and threats, so they had the interview taken down. :(