No wine-ing Wednesday

Options
Even tho I wanna whine about it. I am going to post discussions for one week and the we can just continue discussions under those every week. And everyone continue to feel free to post ur own discussions! Invite your friends! Chances are, they drink too!

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I went to my bootcamp this morning so I feel really good. Not wanting to drink tonight but I will post on Friday that is me true test. LOL
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Even tho I wanna whine about it. I am going to post discussions for one week and the we can just continue discussions under those every week. And everyone continue to feel free to post ur own discussions! Invite your friends! Chances are, they drink too!
    Now that's funny because you're so right! My friends are my worst enemies LOL.

• elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Tonight and going frwd is when it gets hard for me. I would LOOOVE a vodka soda cran but don't even have cals left for that today. Oh well
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My husband asked me to go to happy hour tonight but I held strong and said no. Went to the grocery store and picked up some yummy stuff for dinner. Felt like grazing. Drinking sparkling water again tonight! Tomorrow I have a work event (I'm the marketing manager/event planner for our company) and I will likely have a glass of sparkling wine at the reception. Yum yum.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Had one glass of wine tonight with dinner but then switched to tea. This is just as hard as I thought it would be!
  • Fitby30orbust
    Fitby30orbust Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well after drinking a bottle of cab last night I have decided to join this group. Because I definitely wined last night and now a spin class after work is not sounding so great. I won't be drinking Friday or Saturday to make up for last night and the wine I plan on drinking on Sunday for my anniversary.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Well after drinking a bottle of cab last night I have decided to join this group. Because I definitely wined last night and now a spin class after work is not sounding so great. I won't be drinking Friday or Saturday to make up for last night and the wine I plan on drinking on Sunday for my anniversary.

Welcome! And happy anniversary!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I cooked shrimp scampi for dinner last night that called for wine so of course I had a glass while cooking and I didn't want to leave the rest of the bottle in the frig so I finished the rest. LOL ;)
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I cooked shrimp scampi for dinner last night that called for wine so of course I had a glass while cooking and I didn't want to leave the rest of the bottle in the frig so I finished the rest. LOL ;)

I'm sorry but I just don't see any other way around that. You did what had to be done! >:)

• AJMB704
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

This would be me! What I do is buy those tiny bottles of wine (Barefoot Pinot Grigio) and use those for cooking only. Works like a charm.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    This evening was a tiny bit challenging. We went out for dinner before a meeting and went to our local upscale pub that serves amazing cocktails, beer and wine. And I stuck to sparkling water! Then at the meeting they had bar service available and I ignored it. Woooooo. Sparkling water only tonight. Helping to make up for all of the chocolate I ate today.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @AJMB704 WOW!! Major thumbs up!!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Who has made it this far???
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am kinda craving tonight but I am going to stick to water tonight. I've been waiting for the weekend so I don't want to blow it
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Sticking to water! My husband is drinking the last glass of white wine from Monday. Tomorrow I have an after work business meeting and will have a glass or two of wine.
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Happy Veteran's Day! It's also day 3 for me with no alcohol. I'm a USN veteran and I planned on having just 1 drink at our local VFW to celebrate my service. I'm a social butterfly and as soon as I walked in the door, I did what I do best: socialize, lol

I was having such a great time, I just mingled a bit and left to meet my family for dinner without even feeling tempted to have that 1 drink. I got through dinner without having 1 as well. Abstinence is proving to work better for me (during the week at least). I can shoot for moderation on the weekends. Yea me!

• AJMB704
    Options
    Happy Veteran's Day! It's also day 3 for me with no alcohol. I'm a USN veteran and I planned on having just 1 drink at our local VFW to celebrate my service. I'm a social butterfly and as soon as I walked in the door, I did what I do best: socialize, lol

I was having such a great time, I just mingled a bit and left to meet my family for dinner without even feeling tempted to have that 1 drink. I got through dinner without having 1 as well. Abstinence is proving to work better for me (during the week at least). I can shoot for moderation on the weekends. Yea me!

Great work! And thanks for your service. My husband and I both had the day off so we went out to wine country to pick up some of our wine shipments and also a gift for a business raffle for work. Let's say 2 glasses of wine today. This week isn't shaping up the best!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group, I have a non-traditional work schedule so I am working Tuesday-Saturday, late hours. I get out at midnight starting Saturday. I got out at 10pm tonight, and was totally aggravated so I got a hard cider (BIG bottle) and finished it. Not too bad for me...if the actual liquor store had been open it could have been worse!
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Went and got Mexican food and margs last night. Tried to best guess log it, and I came close to an estimated 2000 for the ordeal. That is awful! 8 months ago, though, I was going for margs and food at least once a week. So it makes sense that I packed on so much weight after Christmas lol. I am glad that this is a sometimes habit now.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @cindytw WELCOME!! If u read our posts most of us are far from perfect, esp me!! But we are all trying as hard as we can to resist the empty calories. Glad to have you in our group!!