Hello!

wender125
wender125 Posts: 93 Member
Katjord, thank you SOOO much for starting this group - I hope it's okay that I just jumped in. Halloween was horrible for me this year - ate waaaaaaaayyy too much in the chocolate department, sometimes at 2am when the dog whined to go out. I have a big running goal, and to get there I need to lighten up. After discovering MFP in 2012, I got to my lightest about a year and a half later (down 35lbs). 25 of those have come and gone and come back again. Yo-yoing much? I'm hoping you awesome people can help me rediscover my accountability!

Hope you're having a great day, wherever you are!!!

Replies

• blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    @wender125- I feel you. I have lost 50lbs this year and did awesome for about 4 months. Now, I can't seem to avoid fast food (and the poor choices available at fast food). During my "good months" i would go to fast food and get grilled chicken, fruit etc. Not so much anymore.
    I too have a running goal. I have joined a challenge through a running company in Dallas, TX that if I run 6 particular 10k or 5 Mile runs in order, I get a medal. I WORK FOR REWARDS! Especially those that others give me. I completed one this past saturday in about 1hr 38 minu but it didn't log on the "final results" board. Apparently they quit logging it at and hour and a 1/2. Poo. However, I have reached out to the company and they do have me actually finishing it so I still eligible for the medal. I was COMPLETELY discombobulated for about 3 days until I heard back.
    I definitely need a kick in the buttocks also and am pleased this group opened up.!
  • wender125
    What a cool challenge!!! I'm glad for you that your time did indeed register! Way to go you! When is the next one?!
  • Lorri127
    Lorri127 Posts: 36 Member
    :) The positiveness in this group makes me happy! <3

I too have been struggling. I am great at exercise and do quite a bit, but my weight will not budge (and my willpower doesn't help much). I have lost only 10 pounds this last year... but hey, that's 10 pounds! I know I can do better than that, I just need to stay focused and not let the mindless and/or emotional eating take over.

I've friend requested the 2 of you above @wender125 and @blitzbis
  • blitzbis
    My next run is Jan 24. I'm determined to drop it below an hour and a 1/2. Maybe get my name on the leaderboard.
    @Lorri127 I feel you in the not losing weight zone. I was working out with a trainer for about a year and a half. Got really strong but no weight loss. I was basically eating crap, though.
    We can do this!
  • Lorri127
    We CAN do this!!! I love eating healthy, I just don't always do it... the sad part is that I feel awful if I eat crappy and I feel strong and healthy when I eat right. So why in the heck do I even eat "bad" in the first place!?!?! I really am going to tackle this weekend though, I have to. I want to be down through and after the holidays. Thank you for your support.
    Keep up your awesome training and motivation.... WE CAN DO IT!
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Hi. I started MFP Jan 2013. I lost 25lbs by this time last year. This year I lost another 10-12 but have gain back 10 of them since June. :( I lose weight SLOW but gain fast. ugh lol. I think that is why I struggle with keeping at it. But I am getting married in May and have 22 lbs left till goal. Its crunch time!
  • Lorri127
    You keep leaning on your MFP friends for support @hmrey76 !! Support and honesty is the best key to losing the weight.
  • wender125

Lorri127 wrote: »
    honesty is the best key

Exactamundo!
  • blitzbis
    Sometimes honesty is the hardest part for me. Honesty with myself. I get into the habit of thinking I'm doing good so I don't weight in quit logging my foods (I mean I eat the same thing all the time, right?) freaking wrong. I know what I SHOULD eat and what i think i am eating but then I hide what I'm really eating so I don't weigh in.
    Then coworkers tell me that they think I'm losing weight still (I do wear the clothes that look baggy) so i think i am despite the crap i eat. Then when i do get on the scale EGADS.
    I need to ensure i am honest with myself even above and beyond being honest with you guys!
  • wender125
    ^^^ breathe, blitzbis! You've got this!
  • katjord
    katjord Posts: 17 Member
    I am glad to see so many people struggle with the same things! Following all of these fitness accounts on Instagram has me thinking weight lose is easy.... Well after two days of the flu I can tell you i did not work out except for cleaning and a bit of walking and all I ate were bagels and bread lol! Still tomorrow is a new day!
  • wender125
    Working out and "I have the flu" shouldn't be found in the same sentence! Resting is the best thing you can do (frustrating, of course)

Be kind to yourself! We all need to be kinder to ourselves...

W. ;)
  • blitzbis
    I completely agree. We need to be focused on being healthy and flu usually means rest. Listening to our body is not easy but it knows what it needs. From knowing when it's hungry, sending us messages when it's full. Working out too much... Maybe rest muscles in day concentrating on something else on "sore days".