• fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wish I lived in Cincinnati !
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    carom wrote: »
    I would live at that store! Looks amazing :) where in world is it?

It's in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    There's even a tiny theater where you can sit and watch a little movie about the story of Jungle Jim and how the store started out as a produce stand in that exact location about 40 years ago.
    The story is on their website too.
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Cool! It made me want to dive into the Olive Pit and eat my way out of it. :)
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would love a store like that.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Can we send you our orders? ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Can we send you our orders? ;)

Lol. Maybe some virtual shopping via Skype?!?!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Jungle Jim's is my favorite place ever! It's like Disney World for a food lover! I had brain surgery in Cincinnati and I used to go there a lot. I'm in good shape now and don't need follow ups with my surgeon which is good but I do miss my monthly shopping trips! lol
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Jungle Jim's is my favorite place ever! It's like Disney World for a food lover! I had brain surgery in Cincinnati and I used to go there a lot. I'm in good shape now and don't need follow ups with my surgeon which is good but I do miss my monthly shopping trips! lol

I'm glad you're doing well now.
    Jungle Jims is truly a unique experience for sure. I live less than 10 minutes from it and I don't go very often because I hate shopping! Lol
    It just takes sooooooo long and I get so distracted and end up finally checking out 3 hours later and accomplish nothing else all day!
    I also end up spending too much money because I want to buy extra stuff they have that no one else does, like fancy olives!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »

I'm glad you're doing well now.
    Jungle Jims is truly a unique experience for sure. I live less than 10 minutes from it and I don't go very often because I hate shopping! Lol
    It just takes sooooooo long and I get so distracted and end up finally checking out 3 hours later and accomplish nothing else all day!
    I also end up spending too much money because I want to buy extra stuff they have that no one else does, like fancy olives!

I once met a couple in there from Minnesota who make that part of their yearly vacation! It's an all day adventure. I couldn't imagine it being my normal grocery store! I'd be bankrupt!
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love Jungle Jim's! I live in Cincinnati near downtown but it takes me about 30 minutes to get to the one in Fairfield. Have you been to the Eastgate location yet? I haven't but now I feel a weekend adventure is called for! I can't go too often because I spend at least 2 hours in the store and spend no less than $100 and that doesn't even include a lot of groceries I buy at my local Kroger!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    JinksE21 wrote: »
    I love Jungle Jim's! I live in Cincinnati near downtown but it takes me about 30 minutes to get to the one in Fairfield. Have you been to the Eastgate location yet? I haven't but now I feel a weekend adventure is called for! I can't go too often because I spend at least 2 hours in the store and spend no less than $100 and that doesn't even include a lot of groceries I buy at my local Kroger!

I live by the Fairfield location. I've never been to the one in Eastgate. Too far for me!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    I've been to both locations! I like the original best!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the 'Nati and frequent the Eastgate location regularly! My family loves it! Eastgate doesn't' have that lovely Low Carb section though! I'm jealous! My favorite splurge there, the pumpkin roll. Yum!!!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I grew up a little north of Dayton and used to love going to JJ's. I am in Indianapolis now and have been meaning to get the hubby over there (he has never been) but have just never done it. Thanks for giving me plans for the weekend! I am finally going to take him! It has been so long since I have been, I am sure we will be there for a while!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I need this place in my life. My wallet probably doesn't need it, but I do!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I grew up a little north of Dayton and used to love going to JJ's. I am in Indianapolis now and have been meaning to get the hubby over there (he has never been) but have just never done it. Thanks for giving me plans for the weekend! I am finally going to take him! It has been so long since I have been, I am sure we will be there for a while!

Don't forget to get a giant pickle from the barrel! I stopped and got one Sunday. Oh my yum! I love garlic dill pickles! $ .99 each
    I've gone through my coffee so fast that I need some more tree frog grogg too!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That was fun! Just looking around I mean.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I have never before felt the need to travel to Cincinnati.... but now I do! BTW, I didn't realize you can legally use the 'f' bomb on a food label. A US 'freedom of speech' thing, eh? lol