atkins 20 or 40?

Options
knburch20
knburch20 Posts: 15 Member
I'm thinking about doing atkins but I'm not sure which one to choose. I'm currently at 180 and want to get down to 120-130 eventually. I'm studying abroad in mid-May so I want to lose as much as possible before then but my goal is to get down to at least 150 by then. Do you still lose as much doing atkins 40 as you do with atkins 20? What were your results with atkins? Thanks! :)

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend started the 20 gram Atkins in May and lost 55 pounds in 5 months. He didn't buy the Atkins food, just counted carbs. I was eating mostly the way he was, but I didn't limit myself to just 20 grams. I set my goal to "under 100" and when I was tracking my food was mostly between 40-70. I have lost 20 pounds (but didn't have as much to lose as he did so didn't have a similarly aggressive goal).
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    If i go over 20, i stop losing.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I don't know Adkins diet besides it low carb but I do low carb high fat diet mostly below 20 grams and those 20 are always veggy carbs, my macros set at 70 fat/ 20p/ 10/c but I usually get 5% carbs, starting weight 194, current 170.2 in 65 days with the low carbs I don't have cravings and I hate to get hungry! Speaking of hungry it's dinner time!! Good luck!!
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I started out intending to do Atkins 40 but found that I didn't need that many carbs once I figured out what I liked to eat on this WOE. Eventually I started eating 20 total carbs a day but found that to be too restrictive. Looks like Atkins 20 is just right for me.