Angie 2.0

Options
AngieViolet
AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
hellloooo! It has been a crazy journey, but I made it! Due to my surgical weight, there was a chance that I would have had to start with the sleeve then transition to RNY and could have required open surgey. I was able to have my RNY laparoscopically in just over an he in the OR!! Yay to all of my pre-work paying off!!!

Getting ready to get up an into the recliner.

I'm happy to be starting the next chapter...Angie 2.0!

Replies

• ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work paid off. Are you home now? How are you feeling?
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Im maintaining and feeling ok...beat up, but ok. My blood pressure is high, but the gave me some meds for it. I'll be in here for two kore dats.
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Lol morphine...two more days. Sorry, spelling issues!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Don't worry about the spelling issues. Hope things go smoothly and you have a speedy recovery. Keep us updated.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    No worries about spelling, I knew what you meant. Sure hope the drugs are helping to kill the pain. Remember sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk and you will be back home real soon. Have a good nights sleep if that is possible.
  • Surzy
    Surzy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sending you healing thoughts - be well :) x
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thank you! I'll hopefully get water and ice chips by 1pm today. 36 hrs without drinking water is sooooo hard!!! I've been able to walk around my room and move to the recliner a few times!

Morphine time...gotta go!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    See my friend! I told you that liver had done shrunk lol! So proud for you! Take care of yourself and walk and drink as much as possible.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So glad it went well! Now your job is to rest, and then start sipping and walking as they allow you too. Heal well, and you'll be home before you know it.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm. Morphine. That was an... experience. LOL

Let's just say that my husband had to remind me multiple times that I had not, in fact, been talking to him previously whenever I said the last sentence of the conversation we had had in my head out loud to him.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Great that everything went well...upward and onward!!! Get rest!!
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Barium swallow DUN! Blissful first sips of water were worth waiting for!

A girl down the hall was drinking from the faucet before her testing! I couldn't imagine risking my new body without the dr. giving his blessing.

I walked for 30 mins, and I'm hitting my goal on the spirometer!

Oh, I got to see my UGI images...very cool!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nice, Congrats! Hope your healing goes quick and smoothly
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Day two was smooth. I had my friend and husband both with me all day. We walked 20-30 mins 5x, and they were able to help me with the painful tasks (like getting in and out of bed). I hit my water goals and kept up with the spirometer.

My bladder is the only thing giving me much trouble at this time...stupid lazy bladder!

Today I'll shower in about an hr, walk halls every 2 hrs, and up my water consumption to 4 oz an hr. Wish me luck!!! If I get discharged today, I have a 3hr ride home!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great! Glad things went well and you are on the mend :-)
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    I made it home safe and sound...well, to my parents' house. It's scary being away from the hospital with a newly redesigned body! Tomorrow I start phase 2 foods!! Yay pudding, shakes, and yogurt!! Wish me luck!!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wowser - sounds like you are doing awesome! I also had a 3 hour drive home from the hospital... was a bit uncomfortable and very grateful to get horizontal when we got home!
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Soooo...I may have been a bit afraid to test my new tummy, so I fell a bit short of my goal. I'm really really scared of throwing up. I stuck with with 1oz of fluids per 15 min rule from day 3 in the hospital.

Boy was I excited when I had my first 2oz of protein shake and didn't have any issues! I let my body rest, and let 30 mins pass before I started sipping water. I had some zoup low sodium chicken broth (YUMMO!), and that sat very well with me! I ate 1oz applesauce to hide the insides of my Pepcid, and that was super duper scary! The little applesauce pieces, even thinned, we're like whole apples in my mind hahahah.

By the end of the day, I got in 1.5 protein shakes, 34oz water, 2 oz broth, and 1 oz applesauce. I know that I need more nutrients, so today my goal is 2 protein shakes (11oz each), 34 oz water, 6 oz broth, 1 oz applesauce, and 4 oz yogurt thinned with fair life milk!

Fingers crossed!!!
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing very well. Did you have the sleeve surgery? If so, I am surprised you are allowed applesauce.
    My first 2 weeks is liquids only. Week three I get to add 1 egg. I am not allowed to eat fruit until week 4.
    It amazes me that each Dr has different pre and post op diets. I would think this would be a standardized diet for everyone follow. Keep doing what your Dr says and I am sure you will heal nicely.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. I appreciate all the info. It prepares me and gives me positive thoughts. It looks like your eating plan is about the same as mine will be. ssbeadlady: It is a little strange that doctors differ in before and after plans.