November coffee (or tea!) and gratitude list

Options
2»

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Found another box of smaller clothes to go through, thank goodness there were some winter shirts in there. I feel like I just went on an expensive shopping spree, my closet is full of "new items". I also add to the donate box and tossed somethings, well who would want them even if they fit, so out of date.

I also packed away all size 14 pants, I can now wear my long johns with my size 12 pants. Any day now I should be able to be seen in public with my 10s. I am just amazed at how my body is changing. Weight not so much, but I don't care as long as I can keep going down in sizes. Oh and I found some skirts I had totally forgot I had and they fit great too. I always went for classics when it came to skirts so they can be worn this winter, several are wool lined, with leggings they will be great and stylish too. Can you see the smile on my face right now???
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yay, Joelle!!! I'm now wishing I had access to my old clothes, but I got rid of them all. :'( I just recently bought some great jeans at Costco (amy vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans $15.) Yesterday had to go get them in a smaller size cuz the ones I bought a couple weeks ago are starting to slip. AND the smaller ones fit great....maybe I should have gone two sizes smaller?!? I love these jeans!!!! I haven't felt comfortable in jeans for years and years. It sure is fun to feel like I look good in clothes again! B) The rewards, they keep coming.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Kudos, Joell & Jan! Nothing like the feeling of getting into a smaller size.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    GREAT NSV's. I just got 4 more pair of those Costco jeans. They are super! NOTE. Typing on phones so I can't see what it's inputting. :-)
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Gratful this morning for no co-pay with my physical therapist. Can't wait to start with him and do something new. I REALLY want to feel stronger without being fear of hurting myself by doing things incorrectly!

Also continuing to be grateful for that gelatin. I am sleeping soooo well and not a touch of GERD.

Had a slight flare up of gout and THAT is no fun. Talked to my brother this morning (its a family thing) and he said said that when his flares its generally because he is not drinking enough water and he needs to be faithful about the tart cherries. Cherries ordered from amazon (check). Pocket notebook beside me and checking off glasses of water. Hitting the apple cider vinegar because that does really work for me!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I have several pairs of Amanda jeans from Costco, different colors as well as sizes. Love them.

DreamOn, glad you get the PT they are just getting recognized and being used more in this country. In Australia, almost everyone gets to use them, no charge. They really know their stuff too.

Hope the gout gets under control. It is always a good time to make sure you are not getting too many purines in your diet. Red meat, sardines, game meats are loaded with those.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    My body is constantly calling me to tweak, tweak, tweak my program! I look at the issues and look for the guidance!! I went back to the apple cider vinegar twice a day and just ordered some dried tart cherries. I am focusing hard on increasing my water. That is a tough one for me!! But I will work on it!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Finally heard from my friend in Paris she is safe and sound. Between the Paris situation and my DH's health issues, I have been pretty stressed out. So far, I have stuck with "eating isn't going to help anything, just stress me out more" philosophy, grateful I am strong enough now to do that.

Changed my profile, that image is symbolic of the Parisians' rebuilding. I have used that as my wallpaper for years.
  • njp0306
    njp0306 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :)
  • sharondtd
    Options
    I am grateful we had Mom in our lives for so long. I'm missing her so very much on what would have been her birthday, but I'm reflecting on the things that gave her joy.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thoughts, Sharon.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ogazat8maqb0.jpg

Wishing one and all a very Happy Thanksgiving! Hope we all get to get a little extra movement in our day tomorrow to help offset any indulgences that may take place. Stay strong folks, and enjoy being with friends and family! ~ Kathy
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Today is my first day to cook a Thanksgiving meal in this house and I am so grateful that I made the decision to quit my job and move to Florida (2/14),marry my husband (7/14) and survive all of the saga of health issues that then happened and led me to this moment. I have SO MUCH to be thankful for!!
  • keyauwee
    keyauwee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Family and friends! Very little matters much if you have these. I've always been with my son and extended family since he married 24 years ago. This holiday, I'm with my daughter and her wife in chilly New England. I'm grateful for my health, the freedoms I enjoy, the lobster and clams we'll enjoy this afternoon and for all the many blessings in my life! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    I'm grateful we made it safely through the snowstorms, and that we were sensible and just ate out instead of trying to get a full Thanksgiving dinner together.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    This morning I am so grateful that after a week or craziness and not journaling and a day of Thanksgiving feasting, I have gained just 1.6 lbs. I am fine with that and ready to get back on my program full swing!