Reaching the fat goal!!!

holy cow that's really hard. The last time I followed a low carb diet I literally just ate meat eggs and cheese and lost 60 lbs. now post baby and post thyroidectomy I've had to try harder and out of advise of my lc friends I've been trying to lower my protein and increase my fat. I never thought it would be this difficult! I bought a bunch of groceries yesterday that are high fat like heavy whipping cream, sour cream, coconut oil so I'm going to increase my efforts!

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Bacon, butter and uhm, bacon. lol.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I like to drink heavy cream. Fat deficiency solved.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    My first attempt at keto was a huge struggle to keep my protein levels moderate. I have always been a lover of protein, it helps me stay and feel full and satisfied. My goal this time is not necessarily keto (or should I say <20g), but it is not quite as difficult. Still learning and not always successful (although my success is more personal will power than anything else), but it is getting much easier to hit my macros and not constantly obsess over food. Become a food diary stalker!! :D
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Fat is easy for me, keeping my protein around 130 to 150 grams can be a challenge.
  • stefne888
    stefne888 Posts: 113 Member
    Avocados, Coconut Oil, SunButter and Butter are my friends these days!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    If my planned fat for the day is going to come in low, I add butter or coconut oil to my coffee in the morning. Or if plans change, butter to my coffee at night (I can't do CO in the evenings, I end up wired).
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Heavy whipping cream cooked into scrambled eggs that are cooked in butter (throw that can of nonstick spray out). I used this as my introduction to fat (I was reluctant, but am now a believer!), when I started this woe back in March. I use hwc in my decaf coffee now. This is the way I get most of my fat at this point.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,967 Member
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Heavy whipping cream cooked into scrambled eggs that are cooked in butter (throw that can of nonstick spray out). I used this as my introduction to fat (I was reluctant, but am now a believer!), when I started this woe back in March. I use hwc in my decaf coffee now. This is the way I get most of my fat at this point.

Add a teaspoon of bacon fat to that butter & I'm in heaven. :)

>:) or o:)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,789 Member
    Karlottap wrote: »

Add a teaspoon of bacon fat to that butter & I'm in heaven. :)

>:) or o:)

I'll do this. 7 grams of butter and 7 grams bacon fat , 3 eggs scrambled, maybe 14-28 grams of cheese. Makes a nice light breakfast or a full breakfast with 3-4 slices of bacon baked in the oven.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    I am NEVER low on my fat intake and I don't have the need for 'fat bombs' . Cream in my coffee, bacon for lunch, eggs with mayo, butter and or cream or cream cheese in my dinner. Its just makes everything taste better! :)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    carom wrote: »
    I don't have the need for 'fat bombs' .

This has been me, too, for a long while. I keep making fat bombs for the other two people who eat LCHF in the house but I haven't 'needed' to grab one, even for tasting! (I hope they do taste as good as everyone claims...)