Turkey day

Options
katjord
katjord Posts: 17 Member
Anyone planning on revamping some favorite recipes this year to make them a bit healthier?

Replies

• blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    For the last several years, I have made sweet potatos with a Weight Watchers recipe that has maple syrup and orange juice. Not sure how I will do it this year since I am no longer a WW subscriber.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Idid you try pinterest? You can find any recipe on there! :)
  • blitzbis
    Options
    I'll check it out. Also, just saw a recipe in my Kroger mailer
    2 medium sweet potatos peeled and cut into 1/8in rounds. Place in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder and cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour over sweet potatos tossing to coat. Arrange sweet potatos in a cassarole dish , lining them up in a row like dominos (the pic showed it in a round dish). Cover with foil and roast at 400 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for 15 minutes more. Test the potatos for doneness recovering with foil and baking an extra 10-15 minutes if they are not fork tender and covered.
    Not sure if I can find smoked paprika, but know I'm searching for it!
  • Lorri127
    Lorri127 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are so yummy without all that sugar! I like to slice them and throw them into a ziplock bag with olive oil and whatever seasoning I choose (spicy, Italian, peppery, Teriyaki, whatever) and then shake up the bag to get the slices good and coated. Then bake in the oven at about 400 for a 1/2 hour or so (until brownish). YUMMMM!!!! Avoid the sugar if you can unless you just like them that way (obviously I don't, hee hee!)
  • blitzbis
    Options
    That's a great idea. Thanks.