C25K W1D2 frustration

Options
Hi there. I am so frustrated. My left knee hurt really bad after D2 even though I've been walking for 45 minutes daily for the last 4 months. I thought I was going to die cause I could not breathe!! How could I possibly be so unfit? My knee is better and this morning I will attempt D3. We'll see how it goes. .....

Replies

• lorengetsfit
    lorengetsfit Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Are you stretching after? My joints feel so much better when I stretch after running. Also, you may want to try going a little bit slower. This will definitely help with the breathing and may also help with your knee :)
  • jachmannjachmanngmailcom2015
    Options
    Yes, I definitely think that's the problem. I went straight from C25K into squats without stretching. I run pretty slow but I do not cool down after - will do this today.
    Options
    I read the Beginners guide article before I did W1D3 today and their advice was perfect! I still struggled today but I jogged slower and concentrated on my breathing and it went a lot better. Did a proper stretch afterwards and I feel great.
    I' m going to repeat W1 again next week before attempting W2.
    I only did 2miles today. I hope it will get better.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I read the Beginners guide article before I did W1D3 today and their advice was perfect! I still struggled today but I jogged slower and concentrated on my breathing and it went a lot better. Did a proper stretch afterwards and I feel great.

Hi, Jachmann, and welcome to the group! It looks like Loren has taken good care of you. Go at your own pace. When I "run," it's only at 3.0 mph on the treadmill. I am short, my legs are short and anything faster (at this point) has me huffing and puffing. In fact, C25K experts say that if you can run any slower than you are, you should probably slow down.

Keep us updated. We are sure you can do this, barring any physical ailments/disabilities that would keep you from undertaking this project.

Dee :)
  • lorengetsfit
    lorengetsfit Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I'm so glad that article helped! & don't worry, you will improve—it just takes time :)
    Options
    This week is going really well. On Friday I'll do W1D3. The advice above was brilliant! ! I focus on my breathing and stretch properly afterwards - no pain. I find that I need to eat something before or else I have no energy. Can't wait to start W2.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    This week is going really well. On Friday I'll do W1D3. The advice above was brilliant! ! I focus on my breathing and stretch properly afterwards - no pain. I find that I need to eat something before or else I have no energy. Can't wait to start W2.

Great to hear! You CAN do this!