Been having cravings!

KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
Being out of town for three days this past weekend, I had to eat out for all meals. I kept to my LCHF woe with all choices, so there is confirmation of the hidden carbs. I have been having cravings/hungry feelings (hasn't been this strong for a very long time) since. I am so in to this woe that my snacking options keep me on plan. I just don't like that feeling and wanted you all to hear of my experience. Might help others to understand this!

Replies

• smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Good job for not giving into the cravings. It is hard when you are not in charge of preparing the food so can't control where the carbs are but I suppose we all have to learn to cope with those horrible cravings on occasions. I hate it. Feels like I have lost control even when I don't give in to them.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    On my last road trip I was careful but still got kicked out but not totally. I will just have to do a better job carrying my on low carb food. Thanks for posting Karlottap.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    I'm going to be living much the same way (restaurant to mouth) for 11 days this month.
    I'll remember your words and that if I start to feel tempted that it means I'm already getting the carb creep, and that I don't need to help it along!

Hope you recover quickly!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Thankfully it went away after quickly couple of day! Good luck!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I haven't been having cravings but I've been wanting to eat more. Nothing specific. I guess maybe boredom eating??? Really working to get my calories back in the range I want. My activity has slowed down as it's gotten colder because I don't want to leave the house if I don't have to, and it's not even that cold yet! I am just not a fan of the bodyweight stuff I can do at home. So, I need to stop trying to eat stuff just because I'm bored. It hasn't gotten out of control. I'm able to keep up a deficit, just not as much as I think will be productive. I may have to develop a maintenance mindset through the winter...
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    My chiropractor suggested a TRX system for home training. Might be something to look at if you're tired of body weight work (though it seems a little pricey to me, apparently it's great for variety).