On and off workout?

Options
Ok question for you all. So I haven't worked out since this summer and was wondering if it's a good idea to work out one day, skip the next, work out the next day and so on for a while just to et back into a workout routine? I don't want to hurt myself while starting to work again like I did last time by overloading my muscles and not being able to move well. Let me know your opinions, thanks!

Replies

• adrianacookxctf
    adrianacookxctf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds like a fine idea!! If you still wanted to be active every day, however, maybe you could lift/exercise one day, then if you feel sore the day after maybe some light biking or going on a walk to kind of get some of the soreness out? That way you aren't exactly pushing your body every day, but you're still remaining active. That sounds like a great solution to getting back into the swing of things.

Cheers and good luck!
  • Shie02
    Shie02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find that second day it's hard, maybe do a light work out every other day, at least till habit is back. When I say light I mean yoga, or walking a mile. That way you aren't pushing hard, but keeping motivated..
    Then again it depends on how motivated you are and committed getting fit
  • rchetana1
    rchetana1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thinking about starting things again. After my Pilates class weekly once. I think nxt few day would go for a run. Will do. Keep going gurls
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Although I have not stopped working out I usually alternate a weight session with a cardio one to give my muscles a break and have 2 days off a week. I find that it prevents me from getting too tired, but I have just turned 70 and because of my partners poor health I still have to mow the lawn and do all the yard work which I try to do on my non gym days so that I am still being active.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Depends on if you believe in active recovery. I run on a Saturday but keep moving around on a Sunday, errands and stuff, to stop my muscles seizing up even though it's a rest day.

Sometimes it's about recognising what's pain and what's sore. Sore is fine and can be worked through, pain is bad and you should stop.