Hammer Jammer Holiday Mile Challenge.

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
OK Dokay Holidays are on us. How bout walking a mile a day. or riding an exercise bike or a treadmill elliptical what ever. Move 1 mile each morning and post it here. Did my 1 mi on a neighborhood walk this morning in 16:30. Let's Roll!

Replies

• leopardprintaholic
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Is it OK for me to add in running miles? Trying like heck to get back at it. Did 3.5 last night (3 run/.5 walk). I just joined another Facebook challenge for the holidays. The goal for all of us is to weight the same or less by the end of the holiday season. Your challenge will help tremendously.

Jen...HELLO...JENNIFER...time to jaunt! That's an order >:)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Kris doesn't matter how just gotta do
  • kris3b
    Options
    HJHMC: 2 miles of running done! So far, so good :wink:
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited November 2015
    Options
    HJHMC 1.9 mi walking JT Dogg. 34 min
  • kris3b
    Options
    HJHMC 3 mile run 36 min
  • kris3b
    Options
    HJHMC 2 mile walk 35 min

Woke up early and did a little walk on the treadmill. Shooting for more later, but wanted to make sure I got something in just in case I become a slug.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    HJHMC 1 mi 19:23 EZ Stroll
  • kris3b
    Options
    HJHMC 2 mile run in 19 minutes. Spent!
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Go Kris and HJ!! You guys are beasts and so motivating! Kris I read your posts, no worries if any of us are able to respond in kind, sometimes we don't have enough time to respond the way we want to, and it's all good because we're just here, imperfect, supporting each other and ourselves. I had a nasty arthritis flare-up a few days ago. My entire elbow area got very swollen and I couldn't straighten my arms. So I've been HJHMC'ing at an easy pace to help with the swelling. Walked 6 miles nice and slowly on a beautiful, soft dirt path where people exercise their horses. Downloaded a bunch of podcasts for the walk and listened to Ted Talks and Ben Greenfield, Ben's newest episode is all about medicinal mushrooms. Went to the gym yesterday and lifted heavy on the leg machines and did 40 minutes on the elliptical without the arm handles. My arms are less sausage-y tonight so I hope by tomorrow am I can stuff them into a long-sleeved shirt!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Good Morning Folks, I did walk yesterday and lifed forgot to post did 1 mi, Today did 1 mi in 18:48. Keep it rollin Kris!
    Amy that sounds like a great walk. Do the things you can and heal those you must. Way to Roll!
  • kris3b
    Options
    Amy, Woohoo on getting stuff done while you are dealing with the arthritis. Been fighting something in my thumbs and elbows for weeks now. The boyfriend thinks I have gout. Who gets gout??? haha I need to get back to listening to podcasts. Love Ted Talks and Ben Greenfield too. As for the posting thing, I was born feeling guilty, so it is a given that I fixate on my inability to keep up with y'all!

John, You are kicking butt and taking names. Cannot believe your numbers in your feed. As Amy says, you are a beast!

This morning I kept it at an uphill mile 10 % incline. I was huffing on that mile. haha Loving this challenge because it gives me a way of practicing stopping myself and being okay with it! :)

• Hmrjmr1
    Options
    12/1 1 mi 19:27 nice stroll in the Fog.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I walked 140min, dunno how many miles.

Amy, Kris, try Solomon's seal tincture, that had helped my recovery TREMENDOUSLY! In conjunction with the salve. It really works, ever since I took the herbalist certification class, I am constantly amazed at the waking power of herbs. I make my own but here's a great site that sells both the tincture and salve http://www.solomonsseal.net/productdescriptions.html
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    HJHMC 1 mi 18:29
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Giving my body to science today instead of my walk, morning apt at the clinical trial to turn in my diary and get blood drawn.
  • ActiveAmyLynn
    ActiveAmyLynn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I haven't walked for a couple days in a row but I have to work on my arthritis interval workout tonight for my final project for my Exercise Science special populations class. Gona go the gym to practice in the group ex room once it clears out.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Walked 90min yesterday and did 10min of kettlebells today. Amy hope you'll get better!
  • Hmrjmr1
    edited December 2015
    Options
    HIHMC 1 mi 17:04 Good O Heron, How'd the HIIT session Go Amy?
  • kris3b
    Options
    HIHMC Don't have all my numbers right now, but I have successfully done a minimum of a mile a day. This might be my longest streak. How sad is that??? LOL

Way to go all! Rock on!!!