Monday morning detox on the rocks

Options

Replies

• LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I actually did really well this weekend! Only 1 drink on Friday and 3 on Saturday, wasn't hungover and got in a lot of exercise.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I poured a drink. Had half. It watered down and I tossed it. For realz.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Mondays are my biggest challenge! I am off, hubby is at work and I get just...bogged down with what I should be doing and what I want to be doing and then I have work on Tuesday looming...and then I talk on the phone to my FIL and Aunt in law, and suddenly I have drank way too much!
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Monday and I have a beer in my hand. Luckily it fit into my calories, but still not ideal.
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I poured a drink. Had half. It watered down and I tossed it. For realz.

Good for you! Sometimes the baby steps feel like a true accomplishment. Sticking to fizzy water tonight as promised! B)
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I'm with you @AJMB704 ! Check in w/ me tomorrow. But if my party animal friend can do it so can this homebody. Peach detox tea for me. Some melatonin and good night.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Fizzy water tonight! I am halfway through my work week...does that mean I can start drinking tomorrow night? o:)

I will likely have some wine on Wednesday while we are prepping food for thanksgiving, but will attempt to refrain tomorrow evening...
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Fizzy water tonight! Back on the wagon. I had my last piece of pie tonight, it's all gone now.
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    After 4 days of livin' la vida loca, I'm too pooped to party. No drinks for me tonight :wink:
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sober sally tonight. BF knew I was stressed and tried to pour me a glass of wine but I refrained. I got to eat the chips and salsa I had been craving instead
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I have been drinking a lot. But I just got my liver enzymes checked and they are good?? Lol. Only weeknight was wed last week. And I don't think I drank Saturday so that's actually not that much now that I think of it.....
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Hah! @elizabethymartin I feel like if I drink a few days in a row I am like "wow I am way boozing it up" and need to stop. Turning into a lightweight over here.

Stuck to water last night! Fizzy water of course :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have been doing decent during the week but on the weekends I suck!!! Especially now the holidays are upon us. But I am still soldiering on and I am trying to maintain.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @dbanks80 no worries, please note this group is called no booze on SCHOOL NIGHTS. You have free range on the weekends! Baby steps, right?!?! Lol I'm a sauce bag on the weekends. Either sat or sun morning (or both) r usually a bit ugly.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @dbanks80 no worries, please note this group is called no booze on SCHOOL NIGHTS. You have free range on the weekends! Baby steps, right?!?! Lol I'm a sauce bag on the weekends. Either sat or sun morning (or both) r usually a bit ugly.

I think now I feel like just throwing in the towel and say F it and just pick back up in January. LOL!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    No! Don't do that! We can throw a few sober days in the 12 days of Christmas! I think.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    No! Don't do that! We can throw a few sober days in the 12 days of Christmas! I think.

Agree! @dbanks80 hang in there!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    So, what if one is on vacation?? Because I can throw a few days in from now until Christmas, although I did very poorly the last week, and then I am off and will likely be a free for all the week after Christmas until January 5th! :) I have a very old friend coming from out of town and thee will be no promises made of any sort that week! ;)
  • AJMB704
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    So, what if one is on vacation?? Because I can throw a few days in from now until Christmas, although I did very poorly the last week, and then I am off and will likely be a free for all the week after Christmas until January 5th! :) I have a very old friend coming from out of town and thee will be no promises made of any sort that week! ;)

It's up to you! My personal rule is no drinking on "school nights" UNLESS we are socializing. So I would drink with my friend even if it were a school night.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I know. Whenever my SO is on vacation - or on w/e's with him I'm screwed. Reward yourself for any sober baca days. Admittedly I try to eat lower cal and get a workout in to save calories for alcohol. Priorities.