Leslie Sansone December 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The December Walk Challenge starts next week, so now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player can be a great addition to walking outdoors in the cold and snowy days of December. For those who are enjoying the cold winter weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well continue to be a pleasant alternative on those bright sunny winter days to the DVDs. For those of us who live where there is more rain and snow than sun, the DVDs are a tremendous help when it is impossible to get outside for a walk.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into the last month of 2015! Can you believe it :o . It is like we blinked and December is right there awaiting the turn of the calendar page.

Let us finish 2015 strong while walking like we mean it!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I know December is always tough for me with all the term paper grading, but after Thanksgiving (too much good food *sigh*) and not meeting my goal in November ( :grumble: ), I NEED to get this done in December!!! So I am in for 3.5 miles a day or 108.5 for the month!

Goal 3.5 miles/day or 108.5 for the month!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    We still haven't hired anyone so I'm still working extra shifts.
    I'm going to keep my goal at 100 miles.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am going for 100 miles. The Walk Social was still up this morning (YAY) so I did the 2 Mile Walk This Way and The Silver Walk. Woot
    4/100

• Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    I'm going for 100 this month as well! :)
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I know I have completely missed the new program coming out... where do we go now for the video's? I don't have the video's I need for the December program. :( Will there be anything on line I can use?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    There are a few on YouTube
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Happy December!!
    I saw that on The FB page Leslie post a walk plan for the month of December. I enjoyed the plan she did in November leading up to Thanksgiving so I may try that. I did also notice that many of the days are geared toward certain videos, not sure how I'll work that part out since I don't own all of her videos.

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in. Its getting too cold to play outside so dropping my miles down to 110.

12/1

3 miles with Leslie
    3 miles with Leslie total

2 miles outside
    2 miles outside total

5 miles total

Happy walking!

• Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    1/100 today
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    120 miles and 10 days over 10,000 steps.

A friend wants me to go to circuit training with her - so hopefully that will make some miles...

Still have a problem with that work thing getting in the way!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    8/100 This morning I did the Walk Away The Pounds DVD and completed the 1 Mile Get Started, 2 Mile Fitness Walk and finished with the 1 Mile Evening Walk.
  • zichab
    Options

12/1 Vivofit tracked 3.7 miles =3.7 total miles

Starting strong at least.

2020pinktogo & Lilymay imagine how much walking we could do if we did not have to work!!!! :wink:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

Starting strong at least.

2020pinktogo & Lilymay imagine how much walking we could do if we did not have to work!!!! :wink:

My job is taking care of grandson and keeping up. LOL I only count the miles I actually aim for with exercise. Unfortunately, my husband may be losing his job in the new year and I may have to return to work. My first thought was 'what about my walking?" Selfish, I know but I need to walks not only for my health but also my sanity.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    10/100 Zichab, you motivated me to walk some more today. I did the 2 Mile Walk It Off in 30 Days while waiting on my laundry to dry. Woot!
  • zichab
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    10/100 Zichab, you motivated me to walk some more today. I did the 2 Mile Walk It Off in 30 Days while waiting on my laundry to dry. Woot!

You are incredible Pinky! You have walked over 2,500 miles and need motivation from ME .. the sloth??? :laugh: I have a granddaughter who is walking, climbing and into everything according to her Mom, so I expect to collect many miles when I am with her over the holidays! I am not even sure if I will be able to keep up! :laugh: I need your walking drive and ambition!

On another note, I am sorry to hear about your husband's job. It so scary to experience life changing events like this. However, if you have to go back to work, you'll have a lot of support and commiseration from Pinktogo, lilymay and me for sure! As much as I love teaching, it does cut into my walking time! :cry:
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Leslie mile I have 8 but due to a stressful day at work I did 4 miles pretty much racing around the building in the freezing rain in an oversized raincoat to calm down. LOL I must have looked like some crazy women as I was talking to myself and keeping my Leslie pace. I felt so much calmer when I was done even the store manager when I came back in said do you feel better. LOL I said much thanks for asking. ;) Yep I would definitely have more miles if I wasn't working 6 days a week. But you have to do what you have to do. Things have a way of working out stay positive and keep the faith.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Wow, you ladies are starting December out with a bang o:)

I've read all of your posts but don't have time to respond individually tonight, but do know that on some of the things written about that I absolutely understand, having "been there and done that," as 'they' say. I love the encouragement that goes on within our walking group. <3

Today I walked, as well as used the exercise machines, at the park for 70 minutes. It was in the mid 60s and sunny. An awesome day to be out. Then I walked an additional 60 minutes with my brother when I took him for his therapy walk after his exercise class at the PT facility was finished. I did some extra time on the exercise machines again while he was on them.

So far this month:130 minutes

Walk strong!
    texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • zichab
    Options

12/2 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles =5.4 total miles

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    13/100 I did the 5K With A Twist this morning. I have never done it before and I liked it. My grandson spent the night and did a few minutes of side steps with me this morning. Have a good Walkers.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Dropped in to say Hello. I probably won't be posting much but will try to walk at least 5 days a week this month.

Keep on Walking everyone!