Suggested intake

I posted this on another board as well, but these all seem a little quite - does anyone know what the suggested sugar and sodium intake is for Medifast? Or are they more concerned with carbs and fat?

Also, I noticed if I follow this to a T (which I'm seriously lacking doing these days - help!), my calorie intake is 800-950 a day. That's no optional snacks or condiments. For those who have done this before - after stopping MF, what is your typical daily calorie goal? Does that include exercising?

Replies

• mintchocolategirl
    mintchocolategirl Posts: 34 Member
    I forgot to add - is that daily MF intake about what you see?
  • jfrye85
    jfrye85 Posts: 37 Member
    I have no idea about the sugar but I am doing a modified medifast where I incorporate fruits and yogurt. I know of you follow medifast strictly it puts you under 1000 calories and from what I've read that's not the best for sustained weight loss. I'm just to find a balance so I can lose it and keep it off.

Sorry I'm no help
  • mintchocolategirl
    It was helpful to hear in the sense your concerns fall in line with some of mine. How is it going with your version of a modified plan? I did a modified plan over the summer - more like a 4-2 plan with just a small amount of yogurt and fruit added in, rather than 5-1 that didn't include any of those. The loss results were even slower, but the scale continued in the right direction. A different dr I'm seeing wants me to stop MF and go gluten free for 3 months - I am thinking of re-modifying and partially continuing to use MF since they have a gluten free list - even though she also was pushing a more "natural" eating plan to boot.
  • blgomez02
    blgomez02 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I started Medifast in September. I follow it to a T as well except I do use condiments when making some of the awesome lean and green recipes out there. I use a few condiments in my Medifast meals as well. I figure since I am not eating an extra snack I can eat more condiments to make a few things taste better. I am a little worried about the daily calorie intake as well, but I figure it is temporary and I will transition into a more normal calorie intake once I hit my goal. Hard realization exercise is a daily part of my routine for the rest of my life. It's just the way it is. So I am falling in love with it and making sure I tell my self how good I feel after a work out.
  • mintchocolategirl
    Good luck, blogomez! in the beginning, I was not doing the snacks or condiments (at least, very rarely) as well. Every time i do get to exercise, i feel amazing after - it's keeping it up and making it a priority that is always so hard.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    When I got to maintenance my calorie intake was 1800 a day and that included exercise 4-5 days a week.
  • mintchocolategirl
    thanks!
  • pradan858
    pradan858 Posts: 10 Member
    suggest going to the Center. I have done Medifast twice before lost a lot of weight and of course gained it back. When you go to the center you go once a week till you hit your goal wait. They weigh you take it to ketosis test then do a body scan once a month. The body scan will tell you how much weight you've lost in fat muscle and water and they will adjust your diet accordingly to keep you healthy. Once you hit your goal weight you get another year of weekly appointments with them to maintain your goal weight. It is really worth it and not a lot of money