ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    Cloggsy Goodwin ;)

I'll keep an eye out!
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    The thing I think really needs improvement is the messaging, I'm often looking around at the TV or music vids or playing with my phone or watching the fit girl next door do her gardening to notice a lot of the messages .... anyway what would be nice is if it kept the private messages so you can read them after the fact .... like whatsapp, at the mo they pop up for a few seconds and then disappear, you cant even select the message to reply to.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    I'm an East Coast US person, so you're only an hour or two off my time. I'll show up on Zwift as N. Nunkovich.

I've seen you on too and given you a 'Ride on' ;)

Can't be doing with all that "Facebook Thumbs Up" Cobblers. What's wrong with a "chapeau" button for the pretentious twatts like me ?
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    I actually find the 'Ride Ons' sometimes cause a little small screen 'blip' pause with a 'heart in the mouth ... oh **** it's crashed moment'....
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    smeakim1 wrote: »
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    ntnunk wrote: »
    I'm an East Coast US person, so you're only an hour or two off my time. I'll show up on Zwift as N. Nunkovich.

I've seen you on too and given you a 'Ride on' ;)

Can't be doing with all that "Facebook Thumbs Up" Cobblers. What's wrong with a "chapeau" button for the pretentious twatts like me ?

I could message you Chapeau will that work? Thats if I see you most of you are off by the time I get on the bike at 5AM CST.... Plus unless I am warming up or in a recovery interval I dont have the capability to text, chat, converse, or etc.

Apparently, according to the strava "ride-by" I was on today at the same time as you, just going the other direction (slowly)

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/?utm_source=strava_activity_header#430695989,ciysGQ==
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    well - I've been keeping up with the Tacx Forum hoping for news of potential "hardware upgrades" for the Mk1 Bushido. No such bloody luck - I think that there's a fundamental difference in the brake/flywheel assembly as well as the "electromatrickery" stuff between the oldie and the T2780 so I reckon it's a bit of a folorn hope.

however... I did spot that they're doing a "swap out" of the brake control pcb for the Genius... basically, it looks like a "service exchange" - remove the "end cap" where the power cable plugs in as a unit, ship it back to Tacx, along with a payment, and they'll send a replacement brake controller via courier - provided you're in europe - i'm guessing they don't really want to get involved in transatlantic shipping initially...

Basically, it's a "controller board" swap for the Genius that gives the old model full ANT+ FE-C compatibility... €181.50 inc vat and shipping.

http://forum.tacx.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=25520 for the forum announcement

http://www.tacxdata.com/files/support/genius/geniussmart/Genius-smart-replacement.pdf for the actual details of how to sort it out...

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_PZsJv2-w&index=1&list=PLPvt5hykatIijTgLLFFK3_twZveVoDefT for the video to show you how to do the swap

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having the 'workout' mode crash Zwift? I can do standard rides fine but every time I try to enter workout mode it crashes to desktop. Have a ticket in to support now but who knows how long that will take and if I will even be able to resolve it. Was hoping to get in an FTP test before December.

No OS changes
    Tried running as admin, no luck
    Uninstalled and reinstalled, no luck
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Anyone else having the 'workout' mode crash Zwift? I can do standard rides fine but every time I try to enter workout mode it crashes to desktop. Have a ticket in to support now but who knows how long that will take and if I will even be able to resolve it. Was hoping to get in an FTP test before December.

No OS changes

nope - the only time i've had it crash is on the initial loadup - if I get to the initial blue display after signup, then it's been fine. It crashes about 3/5 times before that - I'm thinking I need to uninstall/reinstall tbh, but frankly I've been too lazy...
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

No OS changes

Nope, it has died during a workout before, but Windows 10 installed some updates then shut down without warning - so not Zwift's fault...
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    It's something related to the zwiftapp.exe that fails. Hmmph, I guess I will patiently wait for my email from Zwift.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    It's something related to the zwiftapp.exe that fails. Hmmph, I guess I will patiently wait for my email from Zwift.

Uninstall, reinstall?
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

Uninstall, reinstall?

Heh, did that already. Mentioned in my original post... but yeah that's the 2nd thing I did. I noticed the login is different now, where you have to click JOIN or RIDE then it brings up the peripherals for HRM, Speed, Cadence, etc. Workout mode still crashing.
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Did you uninstall using something like 'Revo Uninstaller' to get rid of all the registry crap too? Then download the latest version of the software?
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Did you uninstall using something like 'Revo Uninstaller' to get rid of all the registry crap too? Then download the latest version of the software?

I just used the standard W7 uninstall so maybe not the reg cleaning you described but yes, I did download the newest version from their site, which also seemed to update after installing. I hope to tinker/troubleshoot it a bit more later today or this evening, if I can manage to stay away from Fallout 4. lol
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Got a tech question for ye Zwifties...

So, I use my work laptop with Zwift as it has enough horsepower (i7, 8GB, decent GPU) to run the program.

I plan to be building a new desktop in my home office soon. However the TV room in the basement is where I use my bike trainer, and I just hooked the work laptop up in there.

So, I'd like to use the future office desktop with Zwift. The office is close enough to the TV room so that wifi and even the bike's ANT sensors would probably get through the wall and to any computer I had in there. But I don't know if I can remote the TV signal somehow from the computer. Is there an easy way to do what I have in mind?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    well - I actually use my laptop with a Samsung Smart-TV and basically "echo" the screen display via the Laptop's WiDi / Miracast function - all I have to do is go into W10's "Action Centre" - click on "connect" and the Samsung display comes up to "attach" to. The Smart-Tv obviously needs to be connected to the Same Wifi as the laptop, but other than that, it seems to work anywhere in the house where you can get WiFi Signal...

• Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    thanks TBY, that may work. I'll look into getting a receiver for that on my TV since it isn't a Smart TV.
  • Jakess1971
    Options
    Archon2 wrote: »
    thanks TBY, that may work. I'll look into getting a receiver for that on my TV since it isn't a Smart TV.

If you have a MAC and an Apple TV you can airplay it which I've done ok in the past, most TVs these days have a VGA input where you can use the TV like a monitor which then becomes an addition screen for the laptop which is the configuration I have now.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    LOL at Strava asking if I want to set a privacy zone for Watopia! *knee slap*