I'm new

Options
I'm 45, female, only 5' 6" and I weigh 350 pounds. I have never said or typed my actual weight "out loud" - ever!! This is the most I've ever weighed in my life and I want to stop the madness. I'm so mad at myself. So tired of myself and feel hopeless and hopeful all at the same time. I literally just joined today and also started exercising today. I walked for 30 minutes and did about a mile. Again. I'm embarrassed, but hope I'm in the right place. I've gained and lost 100 pounds two separate times in my life. And then usually I level off around 285. Now I'm 350! Trust me - I wasn't happy at 285 either, but my gosh I would take that right now as a jumping off spot. Instead I've yo yo dieted my way to this mess. I don't mean this to sound so doom and gloom. I have plenty to be glad about. I just hope I'm in the right place. I hope someone can relate. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• dksmith20110
    dksmith20110 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We can all relate! You have taken the biggest step. You know you have to change this and yes, you are in the right place! Way to go on the walking and getting moving. Start logging your eating and working toward your goals. Set a short term goal to start. Best of luck to you my friend!
  • dksmith20110
    dksmith20110 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    By the way, I was 387; down to 297 so far. So yes, I can relate. My health really went downhill when I went above 350 after turning 50. But now it has dramatically improved.

• emilyCPA
    emilyCPA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • 45andgettinghealthy
    Options
    By the way, I was 387; down to 297 so far. So yes, I can relate. My health really went downhill when I went above 350 after turning 50. But now it has dramatically improved.

Thank you so very much for not only sharing your story, but giving me encouragement to continue. I appreciate it more than you realize. And congrats on your success. That's fantastic!!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Totally!!!! Welcome n chat often!! When you feel like stopping remember why you started!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will add you! Your story sounds like mine! I just turned 44 on the 22nd of November and have yo-yo'd my way back to where I have started minus about 13 lbs. Sounds like we both can use the motivation and support!!
  • 45andgettinghealthy
    Options
    KValmera71 wrote: »
    I will add you! Your story sounds like mine! I just turned 44 on the 22nd of November and have yo-yo'd my way back to where I have started minus about 13 lbs. Sounds like we both can use the motivation and support!!

Thanks! Good luck on your journey. Lean on me if you need to at all.