Ketovangelist ~ 13 Common Keto Mistakes

Options
2»

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    excellent article, thanks Dan.

can the mods put it in the information at the top of the group @baconslave ? I think it would help newbies too.
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Excellent article. Several of the talking points spoke to me. I starred it for future reference.
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm breaking #1. I might be breaking part of #2 (potassium . . . The others are being supplemented). I might sometimes break #10 and #11, but since I'm not breaking #13 I'm not too worried about it. ;)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options

can the mods put it in the information at the top of the group @baconslave ? I think it would help newbies too.

Roger roger. :+1:
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!! Sweet and to he point!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love the first few podcasts from him. I shared them on my status a long time ago because i like the empowerment I felt after listening to them. I highly recommend listening to those first 5 or so. They are each very short and meant to be motivational.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm catching up on my podcasts now, and then I'm going to try out Ketovangelist! Thanks Dan!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I was trying to think of something to add to the list.... maybe the thing about not consuming too much artificial sweeteners... but I suppose some people don't have problems with that... so maybe that wouldn't be a one to add...

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 14 months on diet
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I think it's at least worth mentioning the artificial sweeteners, Dan. :) They're definitely an issue for a non-zero sum of us, and we LCers do like to arm ourselves with information!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    I was trying to think of something to add to the list.... maybe the thing about not consuming too much artificial sweeteners... but I suppose some people don't have problems with that... so maybe that wouldn't be a one to add...

Dan the artificial sweeteners info confuses me. Google brings up articles like below on nearly all types of them and .gov site often saying they are totally safe. What is one to believe?

draxe.com/splenda-linked-diabetes-ibs-cancer/
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    @DittoDan I just checked out that website. I'd never seen it before. Thanks! Nice recipes there, too!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    need to print that out and hang it on my fridge LOL or some place i will see it ALL the time
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Roger roger. :+1:

You're the best @baconslave
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

Dan the artificial sweeteners info confuses me. Google brings up articles like below on nearly all types of them and .gov site often saying they are totally safe. What is one to believe?

draxe.com/splenda-linked-diabetes-ibs-cancer/

I don't know if it causes cancer. How could I? The internet says everything causes cancer. There's even website that say that city water causes cancer (they claim only distilled water is the ONLY water you should drink).

I just think that A.S. makes me crave food more so than not. I have severely restricted (not eliminated) them.

Its like, if I want to have cravings, I'll just go on a low fat diet.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Good link!

For me it was #6 The Quick fix. I've been keto for five months now, so why isn't my IR cured yet?! I want it now, now now! ;)

It seems my protein took over where my carbs left off.
    There's something to that no quick fix.

>:) or o:)

Darn protein, grumble grumble...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I have some protein powder that is about a year old now. :)

High protein and nutritional ketosis can not happen in the same body at the same time I learned.