End of Summer/ Fall Babies - Getting back in Shape!

Options

Replies

• poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was pleased with my progress last week even with the holiday! Didn't hit my fitness goals, but for now my goals are really around weight loss anyhow! I know exercise is good for me, and prebaby I had gotten to a place where my goals were mainly fitness oriented... so it's odd to be back to "bottom line" thinking... but need to shed this extra before fitness is the focus again!

Between now and new years I know it will be tough. Candies and cookies and such in the house, parties and activities abound. Really need to knuckle down and keep at it, want to hit my goal of 165 at the new year (3 lbs loss from monday) which will be 40 lbs from highest baby weight and 30 lbs from my ultimate goal! So roughly half way! I know I can do it, but challenge it will be!
  • poke987
    Options
    @katiebrew, that's super exciting! But I can see how nerve-wracking it must be! So glad to hear baby is sleeping well in her crib! I know how valuable a good night's sleep is! My next (3.5yr old) is the worst sleeper. He's the one killing me right now!

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne it's getting cold here too. We've had a warm November, I've been trying to walk when I can too. Need to get outside while I can. I got a "coat" that covers the baby in his carrier that he will get for Christmas. I'm anxious to have it though! Not sure i can wait!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @katiebrew yay for having the house listed! I hope the sellers market picks up for you! It's a sellers market where I am, but unfortunately selling in a sellers market also means buying in one. :( only really works if you're leaving the province.

@poke987 Jacob is definitely wearing some clothes he was supposed to get for Christmas! Lol, he dirtied right up his back and he needed pants! Lol I figure he doesn't know if he's used a pair already. ;)

This month last year was my undoing. I gained all the weight I had lost back and it was there to stay. Determined to be in the 170s by the end of the month! May be difficult since this is my birthday month (the 16th) as well as christmas and new years... but I'm a responsible adult and i CAN choose the veggies over the potatoes and stuffing. I CAN choose a small piece of cake. And I CAN choose to workout before food eating events. :)
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The last few days I've had to shift my morning workouts to evening and go back to bed when my oldest is at kindergarten. Daxx just won't let me get a good nights sleep and I'm exhausted. Proud of myself for still making it to the gym though. I haven't missed a day just switched up the time.
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi again ladies :) I appreciate the positive thoughts! We've now officially been on the market for over a week.... with no scheduled showings, eek! Our realtor said most of the action happens in the first 48 hours, and then the first two weeks. And we've had nothing so far. Argh. He did take a group of realtors through the house a few days ago for exposure, so I'm hoping things will start to happen soon. I've gotten into a routine now where one the kids are up and my husband and two year old are out of the house for the day, I clean our upstairs level and basically shut it down until bedtime, you know, just in case there is a last minute showing, haha! It's kind of nice living in a clean, decluttered house but I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon.

I have had two days where I have made better food choices and feel better as a result. I drank enough water and it's amazing what that can do! I'm still fairly stuck on tea and coffee but I am doing better.

way to go @ragenhay1 for making it to the gym despite being exhausted! That's my downfall - exhaustion. Forget anything when I'm tired. Those are the days when I can't even find it in myself to pop something from the freezer in the oven - nope, gotta get takeout on those days, so good for you!

@poke987 you are kicking butt with the weightloss... every time I see your updates I'm impressed! you can definitely get to your goal weight. I'm sitting at about 20 lbs above mine... I'd like to be where I want to be this time next year, which I feel is reasonable. Don't get me wrong though, if it wants to come off faster I would not complain!

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne you can TOTALLY control December :) Christmas is so hard though isn't it... your attitude is dead on though, and I'm going to borrow a page from your book... I'm a big girl and don't need to eat all the Christmas baking! In fact, I don't think I'm even going to do any this year myself, and I'll try to be moderate when we go other places. I do love a good peanut butter ball though!

@helenmelon29 how are things with the kiddos?

@sarieth05 how are you doing, mama? Getting some rest? Feeding AND pumping is exhausting. I hope you all are doing well!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @katiebrew - I'm doing okay! Owen's gotten a bit fussy the past couple days so I'm a little behind on sleep, but it hasn't gotten to full blown exhaustion yet. I'm also dealing with a staph infection from an innocent, small pimple that I popped before Thanksgiving that turned into a crazy abscess and fever. Have been on antibiotics for 7 days now, but it's been a pain to keep Owen away from the sight (which is directly under my left boob). Lots of gauze and towels piled up under shirts to keep him away from it, and also to protect myself from his kicking feet and sharp elbows. :p

I'm anxious to start working out, but definitely have been slacking off in the meantime with food and activity while I adjust. Mostly trying my best to get my water consumption back to what it used to be when I was losing my weight. May as well just try to make small changes now that will be habit by the time I need to try and get my butt working out once I get the all clear. I can see how it's just much easier to grab all that junk food while the baby is fussing instead of going for healthier alternatives, so I guess I just need to buy easy to grab healthy food instead of those cookies I just bought. :D
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @ragenhay1 Daxx is such a cool name! I love it! Well done keeping up your exercise! :)

@katiebrew It will sell, I'm sure. Let's just hope that happens quickly! When we bought our house we went online and searched rather than going for the houses our realtor sent our way. I think we were looking just outside of her area. Once it's online I feel like more home buyers will view it maybe?

I've been really bad with my water intake recentl, which is no good at atll. I'm usually really good at that and pride myself on easily getting 8-10 cups in each day.

Here's to hoping we will do well this December! I'm happy to have two very young kids in tow to family events. I will be WAYYYY to busy to snack! Haha! (We can only hope)

@sarieth05 Ouch! I hope the prescription is helping!!!

In other news, I'm 6 weeks post partum today! (Thursday) we had a crazy week with projectile vomiting and ER/doctor visits and the like due to little Jacob being dehydrated from the vomiting. We had to cancel all our plans
    because of it so I'm feeling a little stir crazy and socially deprived. I didn't want to go out even for a walk even though the weather was lovely because I didn't want to have one of the kids throw up while out and about. It's not warm enough to change them outdoors if that were to happen. Today we've been in the clear though so tomorrow if nothing else I am walking around the block!! Lol although I really should finish my Christmas shopping... my mom is so hard to buy for! Any mom gift ideas?
  • ragenhay1
    Options
    Woo hoo! I just got to 20lbs lost. I'm now at 200 even! Any day now I'll be out of the 200's. I'm feeling very accomplished. Now I'm going out for a birthday party and definitely going to blow my daily calories but my weekly deficit should more than make up for it. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo @ragenhay1! That is awesome :) you should feel very accomplished.

Oh @sarieth05... that sounds awful :( but I'm glad to hear you are on the mend! who would have thought something as simple as popping a pimple could turn out to be so complicated!

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne, did you find a mom gift yet? Is she really into being a grandma? Those grandma willow tree angels are gorgeous... I just got my mom a novel this year, but in years past we started her one of those "mother's pride" necklaces.

I just finished this workout from Lindsay Brin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh9o8GS2A7c&feature=youtu.be
    I had her 4-disc dvd for pregnancy for both this pregnancy and when I was pregnant with my son... and I think I've done the trimester workouts maybe five times... eep! I did make more use of the post-natal bootcamp dvd but it is old and kinda cheesy so I get turned off it pretty quickly... this workout was good though! It's a little slow at first when she's talking about diastasis recti and through the core work... but then the weight work and active recovery really picks up the pace. It corresponds to a free 30 day challenge (link is www.momsintofitness.com/post-slim but you have to give your email). I think I might try to complete the 30 days... it looks pretty reasonable and low requirements for equipment.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Just quick update- been long week. Both kids have had Bronchiolitis and Anna been in hospital for just over a week on oxygen n feeding tube for a few days. We came home yesterday so all looking better now. Isaac will go back to school tomoz and will try and get on track.

I guess I could of lost weight as not eaten much but haven't moved anywhere as stuck in hospital and also eaten rubbish when I have eaten!

I will catch up with everyone this week

Helen, Isaac age 3 and Anna age 3 months
  • poke987
    Options
    @helenmelon29 oh no!! So sorry to hear! Glad you all are home and mending! !

@sarieth05 ick. Hope it heals fast! How annoying with the breastfeeding! What's another thing to have to deal with, right?!

@ragenhay1 that's fabulous! I'm feeling accomplished with my goals, you should be too! You're doing fantastic! !

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne I'm with you on the holiday plan! We've got this!!
  • ragenhay1
    Options
    Daxx and I are down with a cold :-( skipped the gym today and will most likely miss it tomorrow as well. Being sick makes staying on track difficult but I'd rather get over it quick than push myself too much and have it last longer.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    @ragenhay1 That's fantastic! Keep it up! :)

@helenmelon29 oh no! I hope the kids are feeling back to normal soon! We had a little but in the hospital too last week, but thankfully not bad enough to get admitted. It's so hard when they're so little! Definitely thankful for modern medicine!

@katiebrew Yes, I got something for my mom! I bought her a sweater in her favourite colour (pink). She absolutely LOVES being a grandma but her mantle is already loaded with Willow Tree figurines and any other knick knack you can imagine. She's also on her own weightloss journey so I didn't want to get her anything food related or something that may not fit her for long.... I think she will like the sweater... but we will see I guess. She will pretend anyway lol.

I hardly did my prenatal workout either... oops?

I actually went to my Zumba class this past Saturday! And oh I ache! We did so many squats in so many variations for so long that my legs started shaking. It was amazing!

Goals this week:
    drink water - 10 cups daily
    Zumba again this Saturday
    Stay under maintenence calories
  • poke987
    Options
    Things here are going well. Baby Wilson is doing great and getting so big already! He's huge as compared to my other two little boys! We are getting geared up for the holidays!

Doing what I can, when I can! Finding time is the hardest part! Walking and adding short runs in when I can. Im Up to 3 miles, slower than I'd like, but ok. More weight loss goals than fitness at this point, which is a flip from where I was pre baby. I'm down 15 lbs from my baby weight plateau starting point in October. 30 lbs from ultimate goal. Very close to my new years goal! Just need to keep at it, not got too crazy with the holidays!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My 6 week appointment is coming up on the 21st and hopefully I get cleared for exercise cause I've been struggling with food but have been anxious to start working out (when I have some free time!). I have been having similar pains to the first week post partum down there and I'm curious why that is.

It seems like I've lost all the weight that I'm going to lose after baby without focusing on diet and exercise =P. Owen and I are doing okay though. Infection is better and looking forward to the holidays.

Daily goal: water water water!
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hey all. Sarieth- love your water goal. I need to up mine too. So will aim the same.

Can't believe less than a week until Xmas. I have got all my presents wrapped and think we about sorted.

Anna suffering with a cold and cough now. Had her to hospital again as only just got over chest infection but they said all in upper airways so hopefully quickly clears. I'm wondering if linked to teething as she can't keep her hands out of her mouth. Feels early though as Isaac was 8 months before he got any teeth.

Having family round tomorrow afternoon fit some mulled wine and nibbles.

Think I'm going to reach my Xmas goal weight but will see next week and I will update my profile.

Catch you all soon Helen X
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!!! Sorry it took me so long to get on this thread... As you all know life with babies is a crazy one. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well (minus a few bumps along the way). My fraternal twin boys were born on October 7th. We have had an interesting two months with a few bumps but everyone is doing well. I still have about 27 lbs to lose to get to my prebabies weight. I got back into running, kickboxing, and have started getting into weights. I'm up about 8 lbs from my post baby lowest but I think it's muscle gain. I had somd muscle atrophy from the pregnancy so a little muscle gain is a good thing.

With Christmas upon us I wanted to curb any holiday weight gain so I joined a dietbet. If anyone wants to join here is the link. http://diet.bt/CTIspw

Hope everyone is doing great and has an awesome Christmas week!!!!!

Ps thanks @helenmelon29 for starting this!
  • poke987
    Options
    Was sick with a kidney infection last week, so dropped more than I would normally in a week. Silver lining to feeling so crummy! Little one is growing like crazy, has found his hands and feet and is a pretty happy smiling little guy! Sleeping pretty well at night, but pretty crappy naps. It's ok though. I feel like I have no time though, so exercise has been tough! Last week being sick I didn't do anything! My weekly fitbit average took a huge hit! Back at it this week, minus the holiday stuff! I'll be happy to maintain this week, then back to it after Christmas! Blasted by my new years goal already, so will need to modify after the holidays. So close to the 150s... & 25 lbs to go until goal!

@helenmelon29 I'm jealous you're done wrapping. With 6 kids, plus hubby and all the extended family I feel like I wrap forever! !

@KristenE83 I'm jealous of your muscle gain. I just can't seem to find the time... im just focusing on diet now and will hope for time to get things to firm up later!

If I don't get back on, I hope you all have wonderful holidays and enjoy the time with your families! !
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hey all. Merry Christmas. We had a fab day.

Will post a full update soon. Helen
  • poke987
    Options
    Had a wonderful holiday with friends and family. Fantastic food, lots of sitting around and relaxing. Combined with an allergic reaction to the antibiotic I was on for my kidney infection which made for another week of feeling sick .( Still not 100%) I know I'll be way up tomorrow! But, back at it and hopefully I'll see it come right off!

Hubby got me a treadmill for Christmas. I'm so excited for its delivery the 29th! Woot!!