Anyone else just starting...

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    You should find it here. there is a great support between runner on MFP as well
  • lgsimons1
    lgsimons1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I plan to pick-up again with running on Monday (After Thanksgiving!) C25K program is a good fit for me. Literally walk before I run. Hope to hit a race just after the first of the year ! I'm In !
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Couldn't find any playlist that I like online so I have spent the afternoon working out how to create my own. I have almost finished creating a playlist for week one. Feeling a bit excited to get underway. Now that I know how to do it I am hoping that creating a playlist for week 2 will not take me so long.
  • mbaker566
    edited November 2015
    Options
    music really helped and helps me run
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm new. To be honest I hate running, but I wanted something easy to do that didn't include equipment (other than shoes, clothing, and a water bottle). I'm still on my first week, but I do not hate running as much as I did....rather I don't hate jogging as much as running.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i started that way too. now I look forward to my runs

if you really don't like it, try dancing or youtube videos for cardio
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I don't hate running anymore, either, but it took a while! :smiley:
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    A little over a year ago I was running Half Marathons after starting running with C25K in December of 2012. Then my daughter got ill, my work life got overwhelming and I fell out f all my good habits. I quit that job, we moved home to Kentucky, and I am starting over again with C25K after months of inactivity and a weight gain of 36 pounds. Its not easy, but I was surprised that its easier than last time. Running is a mental game. IKNOW if I stick to the program, I'll get there. I started again outdoors in late October during my lunch hour. I never thought I could do that, because of how sweaty I get, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Good smelling wipes, a full change of clothes including undies, and a makeup touch-up got me reasonably presentable and back to my workday. It was the only way to fit it in. I've made my running plans out through next September. I am targeting a HM on May 21st. But first 5K! Last night I was forced onto the treadmill since it was pouring at lunch. I discovered again how much I hate it, but I want to be fit more. The treadmill demoted me from W6D2 to W2 at least. It was so much harder than outdoors!
  • iamjblevine
    iamjblevine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Doing this again. I did C25K about 3 years ago and worked my way up to a 25k ~15 miles. Hurt my knee bad and haven't done much of anything cardiowise in those 3 years. I decided last week that I missed running and wanted to get back into it. I'll be hitting the track for W1D3 later today. Glad to have a group to chat with.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    welcome guys
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to continue but I have noticed my back hurting some.

Did not equate it to C25K but just realized that it is on the days I do that.

Will try tomorrow and see if it happens again.

May not be worth it at my age (68). It may be fast paced walking for me.

It may be caused by your shoes. When I have had back pain in the past, getting new shoes has always helped. I think as you get older, good shoes become more important.

• 8ericalynn
    8ericalynn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am finishing week 1 today. I have done C25K several times and used to be able to run 1/2 marathon distance. Will check in here to stay accountable and motivated :-)
  • sugarcricket
    sugarcricket Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm familiar with the C25K program, but have never been able to finish because I let life get in the way. I'm determined not to make excuses this time!! I've had apps before that set up the program. Does anyone recommend a favorite app to help?
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    About to do w1d2! Wish me luck :)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    I liked the zen labs personally because i could play music behind it. @sugarcricket
    good luck @samgamgee
  • MNRunnerGirl
    MNRunnerGirl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm starting over too. I've ran 7 half marathons, a full marathon, and several 5ks but I injured my hip. I took 2 years off running & gained about 50lbs during that time off. I think it's about time to get back to into it. :smile:
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm starting over too. I've ran 7 half marathons, a full marathon, and several 5ks but I injured my hip. I took 2 years off running & gained about 50lbs during that time off. I think it's about time to get back to into it. :smile:

Good luck!

I'm doing W1D3 after work today and can't wait!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    welcome and have fun with it @MNRunnerGirl
    that's the attitude @samgamgee
  • Saradowd88
    Saradowd88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just completed W1D1, today. I got into running my freshman year in college and started training for a marathon. I made it halfway through the program when I got mono, and I wasn't allowed to run for a couple of months. I have tried many times to get back into running, and I even started this program last year, but I got the flu and had to quit in the middle of week 5!

I am determined to finish this time!!!! I don't care about illnesses or injuries. I will recover and resume!!!!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    no getting sick this time :wink:
    welcome :)