Another Newbie

Options
Hello all!

I'm new not only to the group, but also to MFP. I'm really here to get suggestions for recipes since my boyfriend and I are always having a hard time deciding on what to make each week (I want to get into the habit of planning and buying for meals 2-3 weeks out, as currently we do it a week at a time).

Currently I focus on making two meals a week, one on Sunday for dinner that night and then lunches for the rest of the week (for twelve meals total between bf and I) and one on Monday that is dinner for during the week (usually a salad since I can batch make it). On weekend, we usually eat out.

I'm a heavy user of a crockpot since Sundays are also pathfinder days and we're usually out most of the day. I would love to cook more often, but always feel crunched for time between work and the related commute in the evenings (and we're regularly out 12 hours between leaving for work and getting home).

----
Pretty much, goals for food are:
- start planning multiple weeks at a time
- prep/plan/package snacks ahead of time
- cook more often during the week

So, I'm really on the search for recipes that will help with the above and be able to feed two people for multiple meals.

Replies

• NM1785
    NM1785 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love skinnytaste.com! She has wonderful meals all low cal and even in categories to make choosing easier. Even my kids and bunco group have no idea that it is healthy food, unless I tell them. Most of her meals have a serving size of 4.