Bacon Day

Options
moonius
moonius Posts: 663 Member
Any day is bacon day for me but apparently there is an official bacon day!

https://daysoftheyear.com/days/bacon-day/

Replies

• vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    And to prepare ourself to celebrate this day properly how about if we post our fav. recipe using bacon?
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My favourite bacon recipe has only one ingredient, yup you guessed it, it's bacon! LOL
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Here's my favorite recipe!

yga0z4e4b3it.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    moonius wrote: »
    Here's my favorite recipe!

yga0z4e4b3it.jpg

I want to eat that!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bacon & avocado slices between 2 pieces of old cheddar dipped in Cholula hot sauce. Sorry no pictures ;)
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    feel like going into a bubba list of recipes

bacon kabob’s
    bacon creole
    fried bacon
    baked bacon
    bacon and eggs
    bacon fat bombs
    bacon mayonnaise

....two days later

well thats about it i guess LOL

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Luckily I live next door to a butcher and they now give my sliced bacon in huge wodges. I will celebrate this day!
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ooo I knew I was craving bacon for a reason! Now I must make some!
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Why is there no parade for Bacon Day? There should be one.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Why isn't today bacon day? I am now craving bacon :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    December 30th eh? I'll plan ahead for that. :)
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Pounded chicken breast...fill with cream cheese,cheddar and green onions...roll up and wrap in bacon slices. .Bake about 30 min at 375 degrees. Last 5 minutes broil for 5 min to crisp bacon. Yummmmmmm!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    Pounded chicken breast...fill with cream cheese,cheddar and green onions...roll up and wrap in bacon slices. .Bake about 30 min at 375 degrees. Last 5 minutes broil for 5 min to crisp bacon. Yummmmmmm!

That sounds like a party in your mouth!
    NewSue52 wrote: »
    Why is there no parade for Bacon Day? There should be one.

It's an injustice, I tell ya!
    We could have a bacon day parade thread on the 30th. Everyone start looking for funny and awesome bacon photos and gifs and get ready for the parade! :) I know many of our members don't celebrate bacon day... We respect you, but we need a bacon day parade. ;)

carlsoda wrote: »
    Why isn't today bacon day? I am now craving bacon :)

I suppose any day could be your personal bacon day. ;)
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....the bacon tower is making me hungry, and I'm fresh out of bacon!!! No good sales on bacon at the grocery store today, I'll just have to stop by a different store tonight....
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is not a random pile of bacon peoples, this is an engineering marvel and a work of edible art! This pile has been structurally designed so that the bacon is layered in alternating layers so that the layers form a kind of inter-woven fabric akin to reinforced carbon fibre, the latest high tech composite material in supercars such as the McLaren P1 and Bugatti Veyron. The meaty bacon fibres are then bound together into a kind of reinforced "sandwich" or composite material using a special binding matrix. This way they get strength, flexibility and lightness all in one. On high tech machines they use some sort of resin but in this case, the binding material or matrix is solidified saturated fat or bacon grease aka lard. Come to think of it, bacon makes your body strong, flexible and light so it's great for body building too!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    This is not a random pile of bacon peoples, this is an engineering marvel and a work of edible art! This pile has been structurally designed so that the bacon is layered in alternating layers so that the layers form a kind of inter-woven fabric akin to reinforced carbon fibre, the latest high tech composite material in supercars such as the McLaren P1 and Bugatti Veyron. The meaty bacon fibres are then bound together into a kind of reinforced "sandwich" or composite material using a special binding matrix. This way they get strength, flexibility and lightness all in one. On high tech machines they use some sort of resin but in this case, the binding material or matrix is solidified saturated fat or bacon grease aka lard. Come to think of it, bacon makes your body strong, flexible and light so it's great for body building too!

Wow! I have a renewed respect for that bacon tower. lol
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Let's play bacon Jenga!

181ae11pbmfw.jpg

Jenga: Players take turns removing one block at a time from a tower constructed of 54 blocks. Each block removed is then balanced on top of the tower, creating a progressively taller but less stable structure.