WELCOME!!!! Lets introduce ourselves.

Replies

• xoxoamandaz
    xoxoamandaz Posts: 76 Member
    annamtrx wrote: »
    May I join, too?

My name is (also) Anna, I'm 42, I'm from Michigan, and I'm not terribly happy with the way I'm looking, lately. I've carried six babies in this womb, and I *look* like I've carried six babies in this womb! Even though my child-bearing days are over, I kind of kept 'padding' myself. In July, I hit the heaviest I've ever been, and decided that it had to change. Now, if not sooner!

So I took up intermittent fasting, asked my guy for a night to go lap swimming, and promptly lost ten pounds in July/Aug... which was a good start, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. Sept/Oct were feast months, and I maintained, but didn't lose... and then the first half of Nov we all got very sick, and I actually lost another five pounds from not being able to swallow ((!!)). Now that we're over the hump, I'm eager to get back to it.

My goal is to get down to a number that doesn't have a '2' in front of it by New Year's. And I'm a little nervous that now that I'm able to eat again, I'm going to put the 'November five' back on! Anyhow, a little support and encouragement might be nice.

It's nice to meet you ladies (and gent). :smile:

yes you can join. We are always here to healp eachother. Thanks for joining us.
  • nanabanana39
    nanabanana39 Posts: 26 Member
    May I join, too?

My name is (also) Anna, I'm 42, I'm from Michigan, and I'm not terribly happy with the way I'm looking, lately. I've carried six babies in this womb, and I *look* like I've carried six babies in this womb! Even though my child-bearing days are over, I kind of kept 'padding' myself. In July, I hit the heaviest I've ever been, and decided that it had to change. Now, if not sooner!

So I took up intermittent fasting, asked my guy for a night to go lap swimming, and promptly lost ten pounds in July/Aug... which was a good start, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. Sept/Oct were feast months, and I maintained, but didn't lose... and then the first half of Nov we all got very sick, and I actually lost another five pounds from not being able to swallow ((!!)). Now that we're over the hump, I'm eager to get back to it.

My goal is to get down to a number that doesn't have a '2' in front of it by New Year's. And I'm a little nervous that now that I'm able to eat again, I'm going to put the 'November five' back on! Anyhow, a little support and encouragement might be nice.

It's nice to meet you ladies (and gent). :smile:

Hi Anna!!!! Such a gorgeous name!!!
  • nanabanana39
    nanabanana39 Posts: 26 Member
    @annamtrx Welcome!!! So happy you joined us!!!
  • adayseye3
    adayseye3 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello Everyone!

Hope I can join this group just reading these goals is making me more excited and determined for my own.

I just can't keep going up on the scale! I'm 25 yrs old and 260lbs my goal weight is between 150-170, so I have approximately 100 pounds to lose. My short term goal is to lose 20-30 pounds by my birthday in March.

I'm currently in school to be a nurse and working part time and I need to make a big change. I have a huge problem with portion sizes and eating too much salty and sugary foods. My plan is to meal prep more and have healthy snacks ready for on the go and to stop eating out so often! I want to start exercising but I'm not sure where to start.

Hope to motivate each other!!

Ali
  • brwneyedgrrl41
    brwneyedgrrl41 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope I can join you too! My goal is to lose 100 lbs and I've been using MFP since July. I'm down 40 lb so far but I feel like I've started to lose my motivation and I don't want to start slipping back into old snacking habits with the holidays coming.
  • chnkysoup
    chnkysoup Posts: 79 Member
    Hi guys! I've been looking for a group to join to help keep me motivated. My name is Erin, I am 32 (will be 33 in a couple weeks) my CW is 231 and I am 5'6. My GW is 150 give or take. I wasn't always overweight...It began when I was about 23. I started packing on weight after deciding to get on the Depo Provera birth control shot. I was an average 145-150 pounds and ballooned up to 223, got pregnant with my youngest daughter who is now 10 months old, gained 50 pounds, I have lost 40 of that over the last 10 months. I'm ready to get back to my normal weight. My biggest problem with losing weight is portion control. I love healthy food, all of it. My problem is I don't want to stop at 1 serving. In the past the longest I usually last on a "diet" and exercise regimen is about a week. I feel confident that if I am an active member of a group that will help keep me accountable. I started today and did pretty good on my eating. I am really glad this group was made. Nice to meet you all!
  • xoxoamandaz
    adayseye3 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

Hope I can join this group just reading these goals is making me more excited and determined for my own.

I just can't keep going up on the scale! I'm 25 yrs old and 260lbs my goal weight is between 150-170, so I have approximately 100 pounds to lose. My short term goal is to lose 20-30 pounds by my birthday in March.

I'm currently in school to be a nurse and working part time and I need to make a big change. I have a huge problem with portion sizes and eating too much salty and sugary foods. My plan is to meal prep more and have healthy snacks ready for on the go and to stop eating out so often! I want to start exercising but I'm not sure where to start.

Hope to motivate each other!!

Ali

I completely understand where u r coming from i have about 80-100 lbs to lose. I am currently working full time and i am taking classes for my rn....just basics right now tho....so believe me i understand the struggle. Meal prepping will help out alot. I am constantly eating bad because the meals werent readily available for me. Soooooo definitely meal prep. How is ypur day now? Are u active at work or school?
  • xoxoamandaz
    Hi everyone! I hope I can join you too! My goal is to lose 100 lbs and I've been using MFP since July. I'm down 40 lb so far but I feel like I've started to lose my motivation and I don't want to start slipping back into old snacking habits with the holidays coming.

40lbs that is awesome!!!! Way to go!!!
    We try pur best to stay motivated and try to motivate others. I think alot of us here have similar goals. Losing more than 50lbs. What have you been doing to lose the weight.
  • xoxoamandaz
    chnkysoup wrote: »
    Hi guys! I've been looking for a group to join to help keep me motivated. My name is Erin, I am 32 (will be 33 in a couple weeks) my CW is 231 and I am 5'6. My GW is 150 give or take. I wasn't always overweight...It began when I was about 23. I started packing on weight after deciding to get on the Depo Provera birth control shot. I was an average 145-150 pounds and ballooned up to 223, got pregnant with my youngest daughter who is now 10 months old, gained 50 pounds, I have lost 40 of that over the last 10 months. I'm ready to get back to my normal weight. My biggest problem with losing weight is portion control. I love healthy food, all of it. My problem is I don't want to stop at 1 serving. In the past the longest I usually last on a "diet" and exercise regimen is about a week. I feel confident that if I am an active member of a group that will help keep me accountable. I started today and did pretty good on my eating. I am really glad this group was made. Nice to meet you all!

Its nice to meet you as well. We try to do our best to help stay motivated and motivate others. And taking the first step is the hardest. Thabk you for joining us. And i plan on having a few mini challenges to kind of keep up with eachother and help resist the temptations we might face this holiday season.
  • britmarwill
    britmarwill Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all,

I'm Brittany. I'm 25 I've been struggling with weight loss for as long as I can remember. In 2012 I reached my all time high at 340 then lost 80 pounds primarily through luck and stress. When I reached 260 in 2013 I started biking around more, but over the course of these 2 years I've gained it all back. I checked the scale after thanksgiving and was back at 334. That, and the fact that some of my favorite clothes have become too snug, scared the crap out of me.

A friend of mine suggested a very very low carb, high fat, high protein diet. I've been trying it out for about a week. It's hard, but I have noticed fewer sugar cravings now that I'm in week 2. MFP helps me keep below 1800 calories a day. I think my biggest barrier to success will be living in Washington state so I'm trying to reduce smoking now too. It's a lot to do at once for sure.

Tbh I don't know if I have a goal weight. I don't own a scale at home (call it a tactic of avoiding self deprecation) so I don't know if goal weight is useful for my life. My a goal is to get back into my favorite clothes. My b goal is to be healthy. When I was 13 I weighed 180 and at 5'10 that seems like an achievable goal for someday in the next 3 years.
  • britmarwill
    britmarwill Posts: 5 Member
    Good luck to all of you who have posted! It takes courage to put your stories out there like this and I commend you for it
  • annamtrx
    annamtrx Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2015
    @chnkysoup - You said "I started packing on weight after deciding to get on the Depo Provera birth control shot." That was when I started, too - they say you gain about a pound a month. I was on it 23 months, and gained 25 pounds. That shot was convenient, but at a price.

Of course, then I took it FAR further. They say you put on (or retain) at least 10 with each baby, and I carried six of 'em in this womb... that's SIXTY pounds, in addition to the Depo weight! I was 127 when we started out. Add 85 to that, and I was 217 this July, when I finally said, "ENOUGH!"

... Just had to say that I feel your pain on that one! <3
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Hello everyone im Marc from NY i am on this same journey have exactly 100 to lose as well. Pushing it with 100 but thats really where i want to be. Hopefully you will let me in this group and welcome me
  • chnkysoup
    @chnkysoup - You said "I started packing on weight after deciding to get on the Depo Provera birth control shot." That was when I started, too - they say you gain about a pound a month. I was on it 23 months, and gained 25 pounds. That shot was convenient, but at a price.

Of course, then I took it FAR further. They say you put on (or retain) at least 10 with each baby, and I carried six of 'em in this womb... that's SIXTY pounds, in addition to the Depo weight! I was 127 when we started out. Add 85 to that, and I was 217 this July, when I finally said, "ENOUGH!"

... Just had to say that I feel your pain on that one! <3

Yeah I know a lot of women who gained an astronomical amount of weight on that shot. I continued to gain weight even after I stopped getting the shot. So ready to be a normal size again!
  • chnkysoup
    Hello everyone im Marc from NY i am on this same journey have exactly 100 to lose as well. Pushing it with 100 but thats really where i want to be. Hopefully you will let me in this group and welcome me

Welcome!!
  • Claireu13cd6
    Claireu13cd6 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi, my name is Claire, I am 27 and I am from Scotland. I have over 100lbs to lose (which is a daunting prospect) I initially gained a big chuck of weight while at university in 2006 and then again when I had my twin boys in 2009. I have lost some weight and then put in back on a few times over the years. I have been reluctant to diet in recent years as I can become obsessed with counting calories but I am hoping that tracking my calorie intake on this app will allow me to monitor my progress without thinking about it constantly. I would like to lose the weight in healthy manner this time and I am hoping to get support on here and through my local slimmig group. My main weaknesses are snacking and alcohol but I am ready to change my bad habits. I really want to lose weight to improve my health, energy levels and appearance
  • chnkysoup
    Hi, my name is Claire, I am 27 and I am from Scotland. I have over 100lbs to lose (which is a daunting prospect) I initially gained a big chuck of weight while at university in 2006 and then again when I had my twin boys in 2009. I have lost some weight and then put in back on a few times over the years. I have been reluctant to diet in recent years as I can become obsessed with counting calories but I am hoping that tracking my calorie intake on this app will allow me to monitor my progress without thinking about it constantly. I would like to lose the weight in healthy manner this time and I am hoping to get support on here and through my local slimmig group. My main weaknesses are snacking and alcohol but I am ready to change my bad habits. I really want to lose weight to improve my health, energy levels and appearance

Nice to meet you Claire!
  • z_misetich
    z_misetich Posts: 40 Member

Hey Marc! I am with you there... Exactly 100 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight :smile: IT won't be easy but we are all here to support each other literally one step at a time...
  • xoxoamandaz
    Nice to meet you guys!!!!! Welcome to our group. You guys sound like a great addition!!!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Guess I should pay more attention. I started a new discussion introducing myself instead of commenting here. So I'll add here too.

I'm 28 (29 soon, Dec 17!). I'm a single mom to a 5 (almost 6) yo little boy. I work in retail management which is super hectic this time of the year, but the good thing is that I do a LOT of moving around at work so it's usually pretty easy to get 8-10k steps a day in.

I've been very overweight almost my whole life, but it's gotten extra bad after my son was born. I'm ready to really make a committment to getting healthy for myself and for my son. I've lost about 14lbs so far in my first month back here on MFP. So far I have just been tracking food/calories, wearing a fitbit, and I just started c25K, finished week 1 yesterday.

I love the fitbit because it motivates me to move more, especially on days when I'm off of work. But aside from making sure I'm walking a lot with my fitbit, and the C25K, I'm not doing any other exercising at the moment. I'm contemplating joining the fitness center at the local park district, but I'm still undecided if it's an expense I am able to budget in.

Looking forward to sharing my successes and motivation with all of you.