ISHA---->OMAD 27-NOV-2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I've had a few days where I got really hungry and couldn't concentrate at work so I ate something to get me to dinner. Not a big deal. I pigged out at Thanksgiving week and gained 3 lbs. Its gone already so no big deal. I view any day under maint cals as a successful day. I view any week under maintenance cals as a successful week (even if some of the days were not successful). I put into mpf a goal to loose 2lbs a week. It set my goal for 1500 cals a day. Ive probably made that goal 3 or 4 days in 3 months. I view my 700 cal or 300 cal or 100 cal deficit for the day a success because I'm loosing SOME weight as long as it is a deficit. I changed my cal goals to my maint cals (2500 a day) because I got tired of a 700 cal deficit not meeting my 1000 cal deficit for the day as being logged as a failure. I still try for a 1000 cal daily deficit but as long as it isn't over maint cals I'm good with it. I eat tell I am full every day, cals be damned, and that is how I'm able to come back fasting the next day. If that led to going over maint cals evey day then I would have to re-evaluate but it hasn't so I'm sticking with this thinking.

That means if I do 1000 cals of exercise, I am having a successful day if I stay under 3500 cals! How can I fail? Just keep logging and don't worry so much about one bad day. I guarantee you I will eat out of my window if needed. I also let Saturdays be optional diet days if needed. If you need to break the OMAD routine, just do it by enough to get by untill you get into your eating window and can get full and you will he fine. I did have one Saturday where I broke routine and ate like crazy. I figured I needed it (mentally) so I didn't worry about it. I knew the lbs I put on that day would be gone in two days of fasting since it is just food/water weight and not fat weight gained. The overall big picture, long term effort is what's important and not so much not ever having an off day IMO. Hope that helps.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I don't know if I'm an emotional eater but for sure am a boredom eater. In the past when I'm doing tedious things, I would snack. Now I drink some water and try to work through it quickly.

I think we can all be sugar addicted eaters where the sugar/insulin cycle keeps us comming back for more food just to feel descent. OMAD has helped a lot with that and I feel pretty good.
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    /snip/

I think we can all be sugar addicted eaters where the sugar/insulin cycle keeps us comming back for more food just to feel descent. OMAD has helped a lot with that and I feel pretty good.

This is absolutely the case for me. After a couple days of healthy OMAD-ness, the *need* for carbs seems greatly diminished. Great observation.
  • ishasharma0704
    ishasharma0704 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your posts!! They help..a lot. Yesterday was fab! I have switched meal times and the best to suit me is between 1 to 2 p.m. i.e. lunch. I am feeling in control and that makes me happy.
    Bob, your post specially spoke to me. We need to be rigid about our goals but flexible about the approach. OMAD IS a comparatively easy way to reach our goals but not sticking to it for a day or two doesn't make me a failure. It is a journey, I am still learning.
  • ishasharma0704
    Options
    Woke up to a new low of 176.8 :) Yess!! Seems 175 is attainable after all before 20 Dec 2015!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I love good news!
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • ishasharma0704
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    Beauty of this is that I literally stuff myself and stay under calorie goal :) I am enjoying all the good things in life !! :)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did OMAD for 2 days a few months ago, lost a couple of pounds and then promptly lost momentum. Now I'm inspired by all of you and managed 4 days of OMAD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time!
  • ishasharma0704
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Not checking weight but I am certain that my clothes are fitting differently! That is again a step in the right direction according to me. Also, I would be lying if I say that I was strict with the diet. Had 2 meals yesterday, some delish sweets before that... But, as promised to myself and you all, I am moving forward only.
    Another thing is that most of the times, I have noticed, I give in to temptation when I keep my meal time as lunch. Because then if somebody comes over, you have to eat dinner or something like that. I don't want to disclose my attempts at weight loss right now. So, I was thinking of moving my meal time after 7 again. New logic is that since all day has passed, how much can I screw my last meal? Not much, I guess. But yeah, feeling pretty good overall.
    vrojapu wrote: »
    I did OMAD for 2 days a few months ago, lost a couple of pounds and then promptly lost momentum. Now I'm inspired by all of you and managed 4 days of OMAD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time!
    Oh you should definitely keep at it. My goal for before 20/december is 175 lbs. I would be ecstatic if that happens :smiley: Keep us updated on your progress too!!

• blambo61
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Not checking weight but I am certain that my clothes are fitting differently! That is again a step in the right direction according to me. Also, I would be lying if I say that I was strict with the diet. Had 2 meals yesterday, some delish sweets before that... But, as promised to myself and you all, I am moving forward only.
    Another thing is that most of the times, I have noticed, I give in to temptation when I keep my meal time as lunch. Because then if somebody comes over, you have to eat dinner or something like that. I don't want to disclose my attempts at weight loss right now. So, I was thinking of moving my meal time after 7 again. New logic is that since all day has passed, how much can I screw my last meal? Not much, I guess. But yeah, feeling pretty good overall.
    Oh you should definitely keep at it. My goal for before 20/december is 175 lbs. I would be ecstatic if that happens :smiley: Keep us updated on your progress too!!

Keep plugging along.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    I've come to believe that when someone is ready to take charge and lose, then they do; or, failing that, being inspired by others to the point that they see that great changes are possible. Either way, vrojapu, you can succeed!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Hey guys!

Keep plugging along.
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Keep plugging along.

I think dinner works best for the reasons you mentioned.
  • vrojapu
    Options
    I started at 154 lbs, cw 152, gw 144 (for now!) I week done and I'm so glad the scale budged, and that too in the right direction!! I had been stuck at 154 for the longest time.
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Just read your post, Sam, and you're right -- your inspiring posts work for me!!
  • ishasharma0704
    Options
    Hey Guys!
    I don't know if you all remember me... I started OMAD way and promised myself I won't back down but I did .. My son was diagnosed with mild autism and it was a real shock to me!
    Some family drama continued and I gave up only to realize I had again gained weight!
    This is the part that hurts me most. Why do I let the circumstances take over? Why can't I give myself priority?
    I am back here again. I can't say that I am totally hopeful again but I am back. let's do this!
  • ishasharma0704
    Options
    And also, I am now 192 pounds ... It is just so sad! To think I had reached 176 !! Anyway, I am back.
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Hey Isha, no worries, and welcome back! All effort is progress, and all progress is success, so your coming back to OMAD to try again already counts as a success for you.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Hey, welcome back!

It's the way we're wired. Some of us abandon goals for smaller, less valuable desires. But now that you know it, you can correct it. Just have to remember that failure is NOT an option.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Small steps are better than none. Just keep going and you will get there.