December miles or minutes

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
Not everyone tracks miles and I would love to see more people get involved. Set either a miles goal or a minutes of exercise and add yourself to the spreadsheet. Hopefully this will give us a little more motivation to stay active!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gsHfAE4bVKdmHQs2d1sIh_kTp-qDXdqUkyo300G4_jM/edit?usp=sharing

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    I am still shooting for the elusive 160 miles I have been determined to get since October. This is going to be tough since my hubby is gone for the first 9 days of the month so i am on single mom duty. Time to get creative and figure out a way to stay active!
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm just getting back into the groove of things, so I am shooting for 50 miles this month.
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Attempting 150 miles as tracked by my Fitbit. Again. I'd love to end the year on a high note!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking vacation to hike a long ways, but I should probably try for 160 again regardless... and try to get it in on the weekends. It is really easy to say that, since it is getting cold, I should expect fewer miles, but... bad excuse.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Slow start which was expected with the hubby away. Hoping to make up some ground this weekend.
  • jemsurf
    Options
    We finally made the decision to buy a treadmill, I'm hoping it will help alleviate those cold December - February runs, and keep me motivated to run. My daughter and I are running a 5K tomorrow, (it will be very chilly) and another Christmas 5K run December 19. It's nice to have a running buddy even though she outruns me by far. My new Garmin is arriving today, which makes my daughter happy because she gets my old one. I'm super excited to test it out tomorrow! I hope you all have a great weekend and gets lots of exercise in :-)
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'm jumping in on this. Today will be my first run since my 5k on thanksgiving, which is a bummer, but I'm excited to get back out there. Not sure yet what my monthly goal is going to be but I'll add myself to the spreadsheet. Southern California winters leave no excuses for not exercising. It's overcast here today, but it's still 63 degrees.
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    Slow start for me, too. I got invited to a work week challenge on Fitbit by a friend, so that should help kickstart my week.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    The weather is supposed to be gorgeous here most of the week so I am hoping I can take advantage and at least get in my lunch walk all week!
  • KatieTee83
    Options
    Made my goal minutes instead of miles, since I do all kinds of different cardio and I'd rather track that way. Get busy, girls!
  • KatieTee83
    Options
    Hey group! Halfway through the month, how is everyone doing? I'm not quite on target, but I have been checking in almost every day, so that's progress. I figure you set big goals so that even if you fall short you've still gone a long way.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I'm not doing so well this month.

Here is my plan, though:

Friday - I took the day off for a dr. appt. out of town. I researched and found a good trail to run in that town, so after my appt., I can go run. If I follow the route as planned, it will take a bit over 3 hours and I'll have around 14 miles from that. The biggest risk is how much water will be in low areas and how cold and fast it is since there has been some flooding in that area recently. This should leave enough time in the afternoon / evening to get some shopping done (my wallet is screaming this month, as I'm sure is happening to a lot of people). I'll walk around stores / malls and park far away to get some additional miles.

Sat. - Don't know yet, but might just go hiking or trail running.

Sun. - I don't know, but probably won't get much exercise done. I don't think I have anything else planned, though, so I really should run or hike.

After that, I have 12/24-12/27 off from work. I'll probably get some cleaning done at home, as I am going into an extremely busy time from Jan. - Apr. and want to start out looking decent with all the little things handled like doing some deep cleaning at home, getting prepped for taxes, etc. I also hope to get out to see some family on 12/25, and maybe can get a trail run or hike done that day. In any event, I hope to get exercise in at least 1 of those days... maybe 2.

I also have 12/31 off from work and probably 12/30 (it depends on if I can get everything done on 12/29, but that should not be a problem).
  • jemsurf
    Options
    It's been a slow come back for me. I'm still in some pain when I walk, it seems to feel better a bit when I run. I'm definitely more active these last 2 weeks than I have been in a few months. I'm just plugging along.
  • KatieTee83
    Options
    I'm getting into a pretty consistent routine with hitting the gym on my lunch break, which nets me 30min at a time. It's nice to get up and out of the office for a while. What I like about setting myself a goal of minutes is that it sort of frees up the expectations of what exercise "counts" and what doesn't. For example, 30min of yoga might not be HIIT cardio, but it's still 30min of exercise that counts towards my daily total, and having that sort of slightly external goal is making exercise less of a daunting thing. If I'm not feelin it one day, I can still go for a steady walk. It might not be sweaty but it's movement, and it's moving when I might otherwise have given up and not done anything just because I didn't feel up to a hardass workout.

Good for you gals for doing what you can, when you can. That's all we can ever do, right?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I really don't think I'm going to make goal this month. I was hoping to get some extra miles in during days that I have off from work, but I sprained my ankle today. It looks pretty bad, and I'm not sure if I should see a dr. (what are they going to do... just tell me to ice it, elevate it, take ibuprofen and wrap it?!). I've got a serious limp and it is painful to put much weight on it. I hope it heals before Christmas so I can get some miles in then. :(
  • rebeccatherine
    Options
    I'm super behind, and there's something about the lack of daylight and the cold that makes me want to hibernate. I've also had a hard time finding extra time to get steps in with all the holiday activities. I'm going to try to end the month strong, and reset for January.