Scales

Options
Hi guys, I've been trying to buy some scales that are accurate and consistent. I previously bought one from priceline but had to take it back because the weight was different each time I stepped on it to test it.

Anyone know of a good scale to use at home?

Replies

• QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have had a Propert scale for a number of years now - it is good. Its readings match my doctors scale.
    Make sure any scale you get is placed on a hard surface like tile or wood otherwise the readings will be off.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I use a weightwatchers one that I think I paid around $90 for. It seems pretty consistent to me, always about 1kg lower than my doctors one though :(
  • jdori2015
    jdori2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys :) where did you purchase your scales from?
  • rubywly
    rubywly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Suggest Fitbit Aria scales. I find it accurate and automatically syncs online. Can buy from Rebel, Harvey Norman, Dick Smith, DJs, pretty much any where with activity trackers
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    rubywly wrote: »
    Suggest Fitbit Aria scales. I find it accurate and automatically syncs online. Can buy from Rebel, Harvey Norman, Dick Smith, DJs, pretty much any where with activity trackers

I agree with this.

I also just had a DEXA Body Comp Scan done and the Aria scale was pretty darn close to the scan. My BF% in the AM (dehydrated) was 35% ish and my scan BF%, 5 hours later after eating and drinking, was 34% ish
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    SOEHNLE Model QU-100112 ... Gorilla glass platform that takes up to 180kg. (I needed that tolerance when I began MFP at 174kg. No other scales were quite as good.
    Bought (on special) for $45 from BING LEE in 2013.
    The mass they record is within 0.01 to 0.02kg of what both my doctor's and dietician's scales say on the same day.
    They are sensitive enough to tell when I pick up a T-shirt or my 150gram wristwatch while I am standing on them.