June 2014 VSG surgery

Options
nataliestratton3
nataliestratton3 Posts: 13 Member
edited December 2015 in Social Groups
Had my Vsg surgery 16 months ago. I have gained back 30 lbs, stopped exercising and my appetite is back! Yikes ! Help! I am also looking for Vsg friends !

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! Lots of great info and support to be found here!
  • nataliestratton3
    Options
    Thanks!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are a few people currently doing the 5-day pouch test to reset in other threads. You may want to check that out as many people say that it helps get back on the wagon.

I was sleeved back in February so my honeymoon period is likely coming to an end soon, too. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. :smile:
  • nataliestratton3
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I'm not finding the 5-day pouch reset that you mentioned. Do you happen to have a link to post ?
  • nataliestratton3
    Options
    Thanks a bunch!!!!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm June 24, 2014! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
    I'm not always on these boards, due to work, but I do log in to mfp daily.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hi! After regaining some weight after my sleeve I realized that returning to the same foods that I consumed pre op was not going to be the best for me! Once I truly removed carbs from my diet I began to see, and feel a difference that was better than the results of the surgery.

The surgery was a tool for you. You have to choose to work with it to make it work. Making the choice to not eat processed, high carb junk, is a life long decision that doesn't have a finish line.

Every diet I've ever tried (including post op WLS) I did with a finish line mentality. Once I got to a good weight I could eat whatever I wanted (EPIC FAIL!). There is no finish line for health! Returning to eating the same foods will undo what the tool has done for you, just like any diet from the past where you may have lost weight and regained after going back to poor food choices (we have all done this before!).

It takes making the choice to show up for yourself! It can be done! Best to you dear!
  • nataliestratton3
    Options
    Thanks! I agree with everything you have said! I believe that once I got to 180 that I was home free. That was when I began reintroducing myself to all my favorite foods. Carbs! Yikes what have I done?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    We have all done this! You aren't alone! I've done it so many times I can't count them! Please investigate the LCHF woe (it's is not high protein), for the best, life long, approach to low carb eating. The success I've had with this woe has been truly life changing! It's the way I will eat forever! Hugs! You can succeed too!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You can do this if you go back to what you know works. I am having to do that right now --- I was sleeved in September 2014. I have been on protein drinks and very limited carbs (try to stay under 50 grams) and it is hard but working. I also upped my exercise to 60 to 90 minutes throughout the day. Best wishes.
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    LCHF....is this low carb, high fat? Without worrying about protein? I am less than one year out from my VSG and not losing as I thought I would and also not as much as my doc thought I would. I am trying to be patient as I figure at least I am down the 80 lbs I was living with a year ago. The thing is, I still want to lose another 100 and don't see that coming off within my lifetime at this rate!!! Ok, maybe within my lifetime, but I still want to be seeing progress. I have increased carbs against my better judgement and seek some insight that will get me moving in the right direction. I fear moving off the path set by my surgeon though. How did you come upon this plan? Would love to hear from Karlottap or others using this plan after VSG.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @jillcwatson1 with LCHF, you still have to hit your protein goal, but it's MP or Moderate Protein, especially for VSG.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group Give the Launch Pad a read