High-fat dressings/sauces

Options
marlamp10
marlamp10 Posts: 26 Member
After a couple of months of eating this way, I've settled into a routine of meat/poultry/fish with a lowcarb veggie and something high-fat to dress it up. My fallbacks are homemade alfredo sauce (which I can make in the microwave in about 4 minutes), hot artichoke dip, and blue cheese dressing. And avocado or sour cream, of course. They're all high fat and fast.

But I'm looking for some new flavor combinations. Do you have any other favorite sauces, dressings, or dips that you like to keep on hand?

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    mayo?
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Seemingly nasty combos I've used: cream cheese/cheddar + EVOO, Avocado + EVOO, Avocado + Salsa + EVOO, Coconut mana/pulp + Balsamic vinagrette
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Mix this up ahead of time in these proportions:

10g garlic powder
    10g onion powder
    2g cumin
    2g paprika
    1g cinnamon
    1g turmeric
    1g ginger

I make a big container of this and just scoop it out as I need it. It's also great as a meat rub. When I want dressing...

25g powdered mix
    15g avocado (or more if I'm feeling frisky)
    15g EVOO (tablespoon-ish)
    4oz heavy cream

Whip it. Whip it good!

Change the proportions to fit the consistency you want. Hubby would just eat this stuff as a meal, if I'd let him.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ranch dressing is generally low carb, so that's an easy option.

Cream cheese and just about anything to thin it out a little bit makes a great sauce base. Toss together a block of cream cheese and a can of tomatoes and green chilis (including the water it's packed in), and you got yourself a tasty and quick cheese salsa.

Toss things like onion, garlic, chipotle, or other zesty dried spices into mayo for flavored sauces.
  • marlamp10
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    mayo?

I love mayo. That's the fat base for the hot artichoke dip. I just need to find some flavor variety.

• marlamp10
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    Mix this up ahead of time in these proportions:

10g garlic powder
    10g onion powder
    2g cumin
    2g paprika
    1g cinnamon
    1g turmeric
    1g ginger

I make a big container of this and just scoop it out as I need it. It's also great as a meat rub. When I want dressing...

25g powdered mix
    15g avocado (or more if I'm feeling frisky)
    15g EVOO (tablespoon-ish)
    4oz heavy cream

Whip it. Whip it good!

Change the proportions to fit the consistency you want. Hubby would just eat this stuff as a meal, if I'd let him.

That sounds great!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh! Also -- crab rangoon dip. :)
  • marlamp10
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Seemingly nasty combos I've used: cream cheese/cheddar + EVOO, Avocado + EVOO, Avocado + Salsa + EVOO, Coconut mana/pulp + Balsamic vinagrette

I never thought about avocado and EVOO--that sounds like a good base.

Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Oh! Also -- crab rangoon dip. :)

YES!!

Wow, I want that for dinner tonight.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Dijon mustard, minced garlic, EVOO and lemon juice. Makes a great coating for fish/shrimp/chicken. It's my go to for when I make salmon. I just kind of free hand the ingredients til I get the flavor I am looking for. I usually go a little heavy handed with the Dijon and garlic. I just keep track of how much I use and make up the recipe to add to my diary.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a couple tbsp of mayo w/ about a half cup of sour cream & a squirt of fresh lime juice for a sauce w/ mexi foods. The mayo cuts the sour cream nicely.
  • marlamp10
    Options
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    Dijon mustard, minced garlic, EVOO and lemon juice. Makes a great coating for fish/shrimp/chicken. It's my go to for when I make salmon. I just kind of free hand the ingredients til I get the flavor I am looking for. I usually go a little heavy handed with the Dijon and garlic. I just keep track of how much I use and make up the recipe to add to my diary.
    I like to mix a couple tbsp of mayo w/ about a half cup of sour cream & a squirt of fresh lime juice for a sauce w/ mexi foods. The mayo cuts the sour cream nicely.

Yum on both of these. The sour cream/lime reminds me of the sauce that Taco Bell uses on their grilled steak tacos. I bet that's really good.

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes brown some minced garlic in butter, add some HWC and toss in a little of any white cheese I have on hand and pour over meat or veg. Yummy, garlic-buttery cream sauce.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes brown some minced garlic in butter, add some HWC and toss in a little of any white cheese I have on hand and pour over meat or veg. Yummy, garlic-buttery cream sauce.

That sounds really good! And simple, which is a huge plus for me. ;) I'll have to try that.

• marlamp10
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

I love this recipe--great idea!

I haven't had enough garlic in my life lately. . . :)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'm being really slow, no doubt, but what is EVOO?
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Estra Virgin Olive Oil :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm being really slow, no doubt, but what is EVOO?

Extra virgin olive oil
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Yum...bring on the steak
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Sunny_Bunny_ and @Juliste now I know