2016 Brides

Options
13»

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    My engagement photos are next week. We're having them done at a pre-Revolutionary War farmhouse, and I'm both stupidly excited and kind of nervous.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    @CountessKitteh - How many outfits are you going to use?
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    @CountessKitteh - How many outfits are you going to use?

We're each only doing one outfit, but they're a little adaptable. I'm wearing an orange dress with a gray shrug-style sweater and a pair of casual gray boots, while he's wearing a gray button-down over an orange shirt with "nice" jeans and nice-but-not-dressy shoes. So, I can lose the sweater, and he could untuck the button down, if the photographer wants to try something more casual as we go along.

(Our wedding colors are orange and gray, if anyone was wondering)

We thought about doing more than one outfit, but I found that I actually prefer the friends pictures where they go on their whole "adventure" in the same clothes, since it makes it feel more like one event, you know? Maybe that's just me. Ha.
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My wedding date is October 15, 2016! So so close to being only 1 year away, which is a big deal since we have been engaged for 3 1/2 years now!
  • SherriLynnLeeman
    SherriLynnLeeman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    March 17, 2016 bride here! Exactly 6 months to the day!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    400 days!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    c_leeee wrote: »
    My wedding date is October 15, 2016! So so close to being only 1 year away, which is a big deal since we have been engaged for 3 1/2 years now!

So we ended up changing the date so we could have the venue that we wanted. Which means that my wedding date is exactly one year from tomorrow!!
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    January 16th! can't believe how close it is. I would like to lose 8-10 more pounds before my dress fitting in late Nov.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Nov 5th 2016 here. I have a little over a year and feel like planning way to soon.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    So, how's everybody's planning going? Anybody early in 2016 and nearing the end of the road?
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mine is February 2016. I've lost over 40lbs and only 3.5 (stubborn) pounds to go! Best of luck to all of you!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    We're only two weeks from some of the ladies on this thread start becoming brides and not brides-to-be! Eep!

I still have 10 months. Ha!
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Congrats on your weddings/engagements. I'm a bit off beat and like the idea that it's leap year so I'm getting married 2/29/16. :) Its not gonna be a big ceremony but still... I understand that I won't be able to lose a whole lot of weight but hopefully at least 10 pounds before then.