How is Everyone Doing?

Options
3furballs
3furballs Posts: 476 Member
Are you trying a reset? A cut? Maintenance? How's it going for you?

I'm trying a reset, think I may have found my TDEE if so I'm going to sit at 2200 calories until the new year and then start a cut.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Lots of training and races lately and no logging, maintained weight.

Now the not-so fun of winter lifting and reduced average TDEE. If I can figure out a workout schedule that appears like I'll keep it - I'll do avg weekly TDEE method.
    If the few cardio days are too iffy but possible, I'll do the mixed deficit method - rest days none, lifting days little, cardio days bigger.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cutting at 1800 a day, there or thereabouts. I'm on week 6 now. I have good days and bad days. Not food-wise, but mood/thought wise. I go through phases where I think I'm doing terribly and I'm giganto and overweight, because I haven't dropped a dress-size in a day. I've lost 50lbs already or so eating 1,300 a day so it's hard for me not to go back to that. The last two weeks have been much more positive for me though - I'm not over-thinking my food decisions, and finding that my thoughts about it are much more natural now. Tough going sometimes but everyone here is so helpful and supportive!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I too am in process of reset, just upped the calories from 2400 to 2600 yesterday. Never in a million years did I think I could EVER eat this much nor have that high of a tdee. Lol thinking the same as you 3furballs, keep going with reset and start cut at new year. That way all the holidays are out of the way and I can enjoy them!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @heybales how does the average weekly TDEE methods work?

Ambsnic17 I was thinking the same. You're soar to reset over a couple of months so this certainly seems like a great time of year!

Jenny tree, sounds like you are doing great!
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    getting back into the gym routine. I gained 5-10lbs in october because i was out of the gym due to a knee injury and i stopped logging/caring. So back to cutting at 5% and trying to up my calories and eat better.
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cutting here. On 2100. We'll see in 2 weeks how the number works.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    It's nice to see updates altogether like this
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    It's a nice quick way to see how everyone is doing on here
  • heybales
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    @heybales how does the average weekly TDEE methods work?

Oh, that's the normal TDEE method with spreadsheet - estimate weekly activity planned - but in my case based on Fitbit and it being corrected for whatever workouts are constant for about 2 weeks - then take even deficit amount off that.
    At least that way allows for bigger average eating daily .... usually, if enough cardio done.

But a Planet Fitness is opening about 1.5 miles away - so I think I have winter cardio covered now, can hit that after the lifting at home.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I have stayed within 3 lbs of the lowest weight before my reset that I started in June. The attitude was the biggest change for me. I am getting ready to see some scale results, the measurements, etc have now stalled and with winter hitting here early, my exercise opportunities are taking a hit. I don't want to eat below my BMR again, so am trying to tighten up my logging etc. so I can hopefully see some more results.

Happy Hollies everyone :)
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    I'm still increasing here. I've had some quick scale increases overtime. Now at 183
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Which is a bummer. Looking forward to cutting, but I know that won't happen at the beginning of new year like I was planning or hoping.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at what may be my tdee, lifting, and loving it. I'm looking forward to a cut but not sure when!
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Counting down the days to the cut. I feel like a boxer waiting for the bell to ring...
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    I keep seeing the scale increase, getting discouraged with this whole tdee. Trying to be patient. Just feeling fat, fat and more fat. Clothes are snug and I just look terrible in anything other than a sweatshirt and jeans. UGH!!! I'm afraid I haven't given it all time (finding tdee, eating at tdee and preparing for cut) how do people keep trudging along, staying
    Motivated during the metabolism reset that they don't give up?
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    What
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Oops.

What i was saying is getting in the gym and lifting is what is motivating me. Before i had no energy to lift and i personally love lifting.
  • heybales
    Options
    ambsnic17 wrote: »
    I keep seeing the scale increase, getting discouraged with this whole tdee. Trying to be patient. Just feeling fat, fat and more fat. Clothes are snug and I just look terrible in anything other than a sweatshirt and jeans. UGH!!! I'm afraid I haven't given it all time (finding tdee, eating at tdee and preparing for cut) how do people keep trudging along, staying
    Motivated during the metabolism reset that they don't give up?

No big seasonal change of activity level, such that TDEE may indeed be lower?

Depends if valid weigh-ins are going up slowly or fast water weight.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm in the process of testing my TDEE. I have been eating around 1900-2000 calories/day and maintaining for the past few weeks, planning to add between 100-200 calories/day each week. I've been eating more for about 6-8 weeks (up from an average of 1600 calories plus 1/2 my exercise calories). I've lost almost 10 inches since I started tracking Oct 28th (mostly hips/butt/chest/ribs).

Last week I went a bit crazy with the chocolates at work and was probably eating 2200-2400 calories/day and put on a quick 4 lbs in the last 7 days so I' know it's just water weight, especially with some extra sodium as well. Going to get back to normal eating along with my regular workouts (lifting heavy 4x week) Mon-Thurs this week and then loosen up a bit on Christmas Day and Boxing Day to see how my weight does but I'll continue to log as much as I can. My measurements maintained this week over last.

I plan on working my way up to my TDEE into the New Year and don't plan on cutting (5-10%) until Feb or Mar. That should give me 3-4 months to
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    @heybales -activity has been the same. Still working out 6x week and continuing everything usual. Nothing has changed. I weigh everyday to see changes in the scale. EVERY single gain has been a bigger gain (1-2lbs) overnight. If water weight then it just keeps increasing.