Christmas Party

Options
AngieViolet
AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
I've been terrified about my husband's Christmas party for a few months. I decided to give myself one year off from all social events with food (except for my work events that I couldn't get out of). During that time, I quit smoking and, of course, gave up alcohol. This was my first time out of the house dressed up in almost 6 months! I did make an exception for this party.

I can't believe it but I went from having serious pain walking to cruising around in heels! I didn't have any issues not eating at the buffet! I sipped water and talked to people. It was soooo scary not having an escape route (smoking) or the assistance of a beer to provide easier conversation. I had to keep reminding myself that those were things that I did...not who I am. I did it, and felt great!

I've posted a pic of me at 417 from vacation a year ago and a pic of me last night!gxjiliimn433.jpg
1jjfpzz2v3j0.jpg

Replies

• mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look beautiful!!
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Thank you sooo much!!!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What a great victory! You are a strong, beautiful lady!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You did a great job in just being 'you'.
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Aww! Thank you all soooo much. This is such a weird, scary, but fun process. I couldn't imagine going through this without all of you!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You rock girl! The holidays can be a difficult time. So proud of you!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • Lisa51Me
    Lisa51Me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! WTG!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Great Job at the party and a beautiful picture!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and great job at the party! And I can SO relate to your experiences....I too went to a holiday party back on 12/10. I was in the "soft foods only" phase of my diet. I thought it was going to be hell, surrounded by fabulous foods and servers offering me stuff on plates every 3 minutes, but I surprisingly didn't feel tempted. I nibbled on a few cheese cubes and had lots of water. I'm so grateful that I got through the holidays...
    Keep doing such a fabulous job!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great!