How is Everyone Doing?

Options
2»

Replies

• ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Does a reset start when you begin increasing calories or when you start eating at tdee when you finally find it? I started increasing calories in October...
  • Mindylee143
    Mindylee143 Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @ambsnic17 The reset begins once you find your TDEE and start eating there. You need to eat at that level for the duration (usually 2-3 months).
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    I feel like I'm never going to get to cut!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am using the program to loose weight. I eat 15% less than TDEE however, this holiday season I have gained 5+ pounds. Working hard to keep going. However, its already a SLOW weight loss. Feeling discouraged. :neutral:
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was trying to cut but seem to be maintaining at too high a weight...but lifting is going great and my body is changing so there's that. I don't care today though...but I'm bipolar about my weight so.....today's a good day. LOL
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    ambsnic17 wrote: »
    @heybales -activity has been the same. Still working out 6x week and continuing everything usual. Nothing has changed. I weigh everyday to see changes in the scale. EVERY single gain has been a bigger gain (1-2lbs) overnight. If water weight then it just keeps increasing.

Only because you mentioned exercise specifically, I want to make sure you include daily life in that examination.
    Going to park with kids as much perhaps, errands, ect.

Since heavy lifting style workout only burns about 3.5 x resting metabolism - same as walking 3.3 mph level - it's not hard to lose non-exercise (NEAT) activity level when winter comes.

In fact I'm contemplating putting a reminder topic up for this fact for all those in northern hemisphere away from the equator and the nice sunny warm days I need to stop thinking about ..... ahhhhh.... anyway.

If you think of it that way for calorie burn, even an hour of weight lifting could easily be offset by missing out on some hour's worth of decent walking through the day, leaving you with smaller or no deficit if the lifting is 3 x weekly but the missing walking is 7 x weekly.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I keep drifting between thinking I'm doing ok, to saying "to hell with all of this" :smiley: Definitely on a break now though.
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    feeling a little "fluffy" after a two week break. Scale jumps between a a 4-7 pound gain in that time. Not letting the numbers bother me. Debating if I should eat 2600/day (as was my previous plan) or eat what MFP tells me is my numbers to eat to not gain/lose and add in fitbit exercise calories. For now I'm just eating and logging with no specific goal in mind. Waiting to see what shakes out on the scale.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    I cut calories back lil. I was tired of feeling fat and fluffy too @justsayinisall. I just feel frustrated because I wanted to find my tdee because I was ready to lose my flipping mind/sanity with all the gains. I cut back about 200 so nothing drastic. Still eating 2000+ cal
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This was the first time I have seen any real gain. I started upping my calories REALLY slowly. I won't believe it's a true gain until it stays on me for a few weeks.

I am NOT giving up. I am in this one for the long haul. I really need to find my TDEE. I want to eat like a normal person (once I find my TDEE and then cut and lose these last 20 or so pounds). I have messed around with cutting my calories (too drastically so it seems) for years and years. I can certainly stick this out for as long as it takes. I am just SO tired of the lose weight, gain weight, lose weight, gain weight cycle that I just have to do this.

• KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my cut. I did 3 months solid reset to 2400. I really wish I had done it s bit cleaner. Every time I had a few days (vacation) of alcohol/sugar I gained a couple of pounds. But when I ate high calories w less processed home cooked meals I didn't gain. Same calories different quality. " food for thought" for you resetters..
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    What are you cutting to @KickboxDiva?
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can follow my thread to see me report in weekly. I'm thinking about 3500 deficit for the week. I'm just tossing around if it should be 500 every day off (1900) I could probably do 2000 since my 2400 really often looked more like 2500.. Alternately I could do 2200 on heavy weight days and cut 700 on the 4 low impact and rest days. I'm thinking that might be better.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    I have your thread saved as a favorite so I can follow!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Just remember it's the 24-36 hrs after lifting that could really benefit from the smaller deficit more eating.
    depending on when the workout is done.