5-day Egg Fast Dec 26-30 .... Hedonistic version

Options
CrewZen
CrewZen Posts: 26 Member
These Bulletproof Caramel Machiatto Cheescakes along with my self-derivation so far this holiday season and lack of movement in the scale have inspired me to do a 5-day egg fast using some of the most decadent recipes I can find! I hope a few of you want to join me and share ideas/links for fun egg-fast friendly recipes - and of course results!

Keto-On!

Replies

• CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely doing an egg fast starting Monday. I say Monday because I've already planned the meals through then. I have 5 dozen eggs in my fridge just waiting for this challenge. I'm really excited to try it
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Egg fast = Only eating different variations of eggs for an amount of time?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I may do a shorter egg fast, but I keep it simple and don't make special recipes and definitely don't make sweet things because I would be triggering a bunch of cravings I certainly don't want to deal with.
    I pretty much have my Keto coffee with minimal sweetener and eggs cooked in butter with cheese sometimes or hard boiled eggs (even deviled is ok) and maybe some cinnamon cream cheese pancakes one day. In the past I've had a very small amount of meat only too, but it's not typically included in a true egg fast. Didn't seem to mess me up though.
  • CrewZen
    Options
    Egg fast = Only eating different variations of eggs for an amount of time?

Here's a menu plan from IBIH that gives you an idea of the options: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html

I just realized while reading over it again this morning that I should NOT be using heavy whipping cream in my tea in the mornings - I'd been doing that with coconut oil and not having butter in it. - It is really time for me to get specific! Perhaps that, along with the tsp of xylitol (which has 4g carbs) is what's been messing me up!

- Lisa
  • vmchavira
    vmchavira Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lisa i too will be starting the egg fast on Monday. ..good luck to you:)

quote="CMYKRGB;34899310"]I'm definitely doing an egg fast starting Monday. I say Monday because I've already planned the meals through then. I have 5 dozen eggs in my fridge just waiting for this challenge. I'm really excited to try it [/quote]

• vmchavira
    vmchavira Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I start the egg fast on monday
  • CrewZen
    Options
    Thanks! please share any eggy meals that you particularly love ;)
    My daughter stepped in and made the cheesecake bites for me yesterday and they didn't have an even ratio of egg/fat - but since they are just made from 8 oz cream cheese and 1 egg (should have been 3 for better ratio), I've snacked on a couple along with my 3 egg Parmesan omelet while reducing the amount of fat and cheese I cooked into the omelet. Yum! ....

Good Luck to you too!
    -Lisa
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes....I recently did an egg fast. It works! I just started today again as I didn't do too well low carbing over Christmas this week!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I think I'll do one starting tomorrow. Not super long but 2 days.
  • CrewZen
    Options

I was thinking of mixing in some IF strategy along with it this week (only eating between 3-9 pm) and that is in fact happening today - just been busy and my fatty tea satisfied me.

I'm interested to try the egg-fast linguine from IBIH website. Have any of you tried it?

esaucier17 wrote: »
    Yes....I recently did an egg fast. It works! I just started today again as I didn't do too well low carbing over Christmas this week!

Good to hear you had a positive experience in the past with the egg fast!
    This is my first, so I'm crossing my fingers that it works for me too!

- Lisa
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how those of you with a family at home manage to do a 5 day egg fast? It's just my husband and I at home, which would be hard enough to do. I cant imagine how I'd manage doing it with kids at home too.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, gonna try this myself.
  • esaucier17
    Options
    CrewZen wrote: »
    I was thinking of mixing in some IF strategy along with it this week (only eating between 3-9 pm) and that is in fact happening today - just been busy and my fatty tea satisfied me.

I'm interested to try the egg-fast linguine from IBIH website. Have any of you tried it?

Good to hear you had a positive experience in the past with the egg fast!
    This is my first, so I'm crossing my fingers that it works for me too!

- Lisa

Do you mean the Alfredo? I haven't tried it yet but I did buy everything to make it! Maybe I will tonight. I did make the buffalo omelet with blue cheese...that is good! Snickerdoodle crepes...they were ok. Good for a sweet craving but not my favorite.

• esaucier17
    Options
    I was wondering how those of you with a family at home manage to do a 5 day egg fast? It's just my husband and I at home, which would be hard enough to do. I cant imagine how I'd manage doing it with kids at home too.

I just make my egg meals and egg or cheese snacks and make them something easy, like a sandwich or pizza or they have leftovers (we always seem to have leftovers in our house! lol
    Or hubby will make himself something. He is pretty good about fending for himself when I am on an egg fast :smile:

It's easier when I am at work. My son eats a different breakfast than I ever do anyway..ie: cereal or toast and hubby rarely even eats breakfast. So really dinner is the only hard time.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I just make my egg meals and egg or cheese snacks and make them something easy, like a sandwich or pizza or they have leftovers (we always seem to have leftovers in our house! lol
    Or hubby will make himself something. He is pretty good about fending for himself when I am on an egg fast :smile:

It's easier when I am at work. My son eats a different breakfast than I ever do anyway..ie: cereal or toast and hubby rarely even eats breakfast. So really dinner is the only hard time.

Yeah mine is fine cooking his own thing. it's just the eye rolls and "you're going overboard" comments that get annoying :angry:
  • ketold727
    ketold727 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I highly suggest looking on YouTube for the brothers green channel. the video called 10 creative ways to cook an egg is awesome. I tried all if them and they worked.

https://youtu.be/mfRNLcaxTeo
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Yum, thanks for the link @ketold727
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yeah mine is fine cooking his own thing. it's just the eye rolls and "you're going overboard" comments that get annoying :angry:

Ugh! The eye rolls and comments... I deal with those in my house too. Living with someone who's never struggled with weight is not easy. For him, the idea of someone trying to lose weight with fat is ridiculous. I literally sneak extra fat or butter into my food when he isn't looking.

My solution is to prepare my meals in advance (preferably when he isn't around) and freeze them in individual containers. I cook for them as per usual then warm up one of my meals. That way we can still all have dinner together.

Breakfast is individual and no one thinks anything of me eating eggs. Lunch we all do individually at work and school.
  • CMYKRGB
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ketold727 wrote: »
    I highly suggest looking on YouTube for the brothers green channel. the video called 10 creative ways to cook an egg is awesome. I tried all if them and they worked.

https://youtu.be/mfRNLcaxTeo

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing that tip.

First day, so far, so good.
  • CMYKRGB
    Options
    @CrewZen how's it going with the egg fast?

I'm in day 3. I have to say, despite adhering to this fast, I'm not getting the stellar results I was expecting. I'm down .8 after the first 2 days.

Any thoughts?