Practice Board

I have found it helps to get the swing of things in the groups with a little practice. And for those you who stop by, and try out this board, will gain a pre-bonus point for your participation toward whatever team you end up on :wink:

Tip for the boards: When you post to a board, you will not automatically see new posts. You must refresh your web page. Once you've refreshed the web page, you will see any new posts. This is especially helpful during live show chats. You won't know if one of your teammates also replied until you refresh. Don't forget to refresh often...and come back and check throughout the week for new posts.

This week's board: What are your plans for the new year for losing weight? Special diet? Special exercise plan? Get a new device like a fit bit?

Points: 1 pre-bonus point for participating & 1 pre-bonus point for replying to someone else's post (1 point of each, not one for each post)

Have fun!

Replies

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    My plans for losing weight in 2016: I WILL complete the 21 Day Fix program and the 6 wk 6 pk. Both of these are extreme challenges for me so this should be interesting :) I have a difficult time sticking to a specific eating plan and logging my food...anyone else thinks that's the reason I'm not losing weight...Lol. AND I am not a fan of Jillian Michaels at all but I'm determined to do the 6 wk 6 pk. Looking forward to seeing what kind of results I'm gonna get. As a treat for achieving these goals, I plan to purchase myself a Fitbit Surge or equivalent!!
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    My plans for losing weight in 2016: I WILL complete the 21 Day Fix program and the 6 wk 6 pk. Both of these are extreme challenges for me so this should be interesting :) I have a difficult time sticking to a specific eating plan and logging my food...anyone else thinks that's the reason I'm not losing weight...Lol. AND I am not a fan of Jillian Michaels at all but I'm determined to do the 6 wk 6 pk. Looking forward to seeing what kind of results I'm gonna get. As a treat for achieving these goals, I plan to purchase myself a Fitbit Surge or equivalent!!

Those are awesome goals:) 21 Day Fix is tough but stick with it; it will be totally worth it!!
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    I have booked my first major fitness photo shoot for April 9th so I am determined to lose 40 LBS by then; I am going to do 2 rounds of 21 Day Fix as well as my weekly gym training sessions also I plan on sticking to the meal plan my nutritionist gave to me! I want to look great in my pictures so will need to work hard!!
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    I won the P90x program through a healthy rewards program at work, and had started it over the summer, and then work got super crazy because of a remodel so I stopped. I remembered on occasion, but I was just lazy. I knew the holidays were coming and just didn't want to make myself even more tired and sore than I needed to be. I work retail, and I didn't know when I was going to be working or how much, so I didn't want to push myself. Turned out for this week (week of Christmas) I wound up with just over 34 hours, and having to get up really early, and I'm a night owl, so it has been hard for me to get up and to be able to sleep. Now that the holidays are over and I gained back almost 10 lbs. of what I had lost, I need to kick myself back into gear. I will be starting P90x back up on Jan. 4, when the new season starts.
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    SweeteeBri wrote: »

I kinda know how you feel as far as extreme. I've got the P90x program and it's tough! Or at least what I've done of it is. I happen to have the fitbit flex and it gets me moving. It's hard for me to get moving sometimes, but I try to hit my 10k steps at least twice a week and log three meals totaling a minimum of 1200 calories a day at least four days a week.
  • SweeteeBri
    I have booked my first major fitness photo shoot for April 9th so I am determined to lose 40 LBS by then; I am going to do 2 rounds of 21 Day Fix as well as my weekly gym training sessions also I plan on sticking to the meal plan my nutritionist gave to me! I want to look great in my pictures so will need to work hard!!

Wow. That's awesome!! Your goals are totally doable. When are you starting the 21 Day Fix?

• SweeteeBri
    atrosper wrote: »
    I won the P90x program through a healthy rewards program at work, and had started it over the summer, and then work got super crazy because of a remodel so I stopped. I remembered on occasion, but I was just lazy. I knew the holidays were coming and just didn't want to make myself even more tired and sore than I needed to be. I work retail, and I didn't know when I was going to be working or how much, so I didn't want to push myself. Turned out for this week (week of Christmas) I wound up with just over 34 hours, and having to get up really early, and I'm a night owl, so it has been hard for me to get up and to be able to sleep. Now that the holidays are over and I gained back almost 10 lbs. of what I had lost, I need to kick myself back into gear. I will be starting P90x back up on Jan. 4, when the new season starts.

Whoa....P90X is a tough one. That's great you're gonna start it again.

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    My plans for losing weight in 2016:
    • Continue healthy eating and logging daily. (I'm within a couple weeks of my one year mark with MFP so excited to hit that mark!)
    • Do some form of exercise 5 days per week. Currently I do aquasize, walk (both outside and treadmill), yoga, Qigong, aerobic dance and Wii fit programs. I like to mix it up and do different things.
    • Do more exercise videos (I have dozens) and try some new classes offered at the local YMCA.
    • Drink more water!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member

That sounds interesting! Is this with a professional photographer?
  • SweeteeBri
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    My plans for losing weight in 2016:
    • Continue healthy eating and logging daily. (I'm within a couple weeks of my one year mark with MFP so excited to hit that mark!)
    • Do some form of exercise 5 days per week. Currently I do aquasize, walk (both outside and treadmill), yoga, Qigong, aerobic dance and Wii fit programs. I like to mix it up and do different things.
    • Do more exercise videos (I have dozens) and try some new classes offered at the local YMCA.
    • Drink more water!!

Great plan!!

• chrisg3421
    chrisg3421 Posts: 8 Member
    My plan is too
    1) log all my food
    2) walk every day
    3) drink more water
    4) eat better

Does anybody have any ideas what else I can do?

• chrisg3421
    chrisg3421 Posts: 8 Member
    atrosper wrote: »

I have always wanted to try the P90x program.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    chrisg3421 wrote: »
    My plan is too
    1) log all my food
    2) walk every day
    3) drink more water
    4) eat better

This sounds like a great plan. Maybe you can find a fitness goal to work towards? Like completing a 5k walk that is happening in your area? Or being able to do a certain number of pushups/situps by the end of the contest? Anything that is a bit out of your comfort zone :)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    I got a fitbit for Christmas. So I am going to commit to 10K steps per day, stay in my calorie range and drink my 64 ounces of water.

My fitness goal is to get back on my rower and do 30 minutes/6000 meters a couple times per week. I haven't been on it in awhile and starting over is tough on my back. I need to work up to it.
  • texgal927
    texgal927 Posts: 67 Member
    Today I will start taper down my calories 50 calories a day to get to 1366 calories by jan 5 th
  • texgal927
    texgal927 Posts: 67 Member
    Also reading Extreme Transformation by Chris and Heidi Powell. I got in ebook form but was given a hardback copy
  • I plan on completing a few rounds of the 21 Day Fix. I will do however many rounds it takes till I don't have to modify anymore. Then I will move on to the 21 Day Fix Extreme. (Then Hammer and Chisel...but that may not be until next year lol) I will have to start slow due to past injuries but am hoping to build up quickly. I also want to run my first 5k in 2016 so will be doing some training for that once the weather gets better.
  • SweeteeBri wrote: »

I am doing the 21 Day Fix too! I did 2/3 of one round in 2015, but then injured my back/left hip. (Not from the workouts - something unrelated) but have been scared to work out ever since. January 4th will be day 1 for me!
  • SweeteeBri
    simbersea wrote: »
    chrisg3421 wrote: »
    My plan is too
    1) log all my food
    2) walk every day
    3) drink more water
    4) eat better

This sounds like a great plan. Maybe you can find a fitness goal to work towards? Like completing a 5k walk that is happening in your area? Or being able to do a certain number of pushups/situps by the end of the contest? Anything that is a bit out of your comfort zone :)

Great ideas!!
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    edited December 2015
    My plan/goal for 2016 is to be able to go to the gym regularly. I've went to the gym before and always felt inadequate because all the other guys there were like super fit and I was overweight (edging on obese) at the time. Since November, i've been doing at home workouts and had moderate success, losing more than 25lbs and getting into the healthy BMI range. My goal is to continue, reach my goal weight then work on getting more muscles at the gym without feeling like a loser and self-concious while there.

This discussion has been closed.