Determined December: Week 4 Challenge Check-In (12/22-12/31)

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Me too! It would be a nice gift if my body did that to me now. LOL

I have been low carb but eating too much over the last five days or so. I seem to be snacking in the evening on things like pork rinds and cheese dip. The scale is a bit up, around 151, but I am hopeful that it will bounce back below 150 before the year is over.

Christmas was low carb but not enough to stay in ketosis. I enjoyed half of a homemade cinnamon bun and three pierogi (gluten free and made with love from my mom) but I am back on track today.... But I do plan on eating the other half of that cinnamon bun in the next week. LOL

I am back on track today and trying to keep kcal lowery had normal to jump back into ketosis faster. I might go for a fast walk later too, as long as it doesn't get colder.
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo I can't wait to eat a Cinnabon lol
  • jyvonne27
    Options
    12/26
    SW 12/21 (started keto): 190
    CW: 181
    GW for December 31: 178
    Final GW 135

My goals for December:
    Carbs: 20 net carbs - under!
    Logging and measuring daily - done!
    Getting in exercise at least 3x/wk--walked outside 4 miles today!
    Water- 64 oz-- got in 80 oz!

• nvmomketo
    Options
    jyvonne27 wrote: »
    @nvmomketo I can't wait to eat a Cinnabon lol

Oh, those were good, but my Cinnabon days are over. Insulin resistance saw to that - bah humbug! My mom's cinnamon bun was the size of a plum.... And to think I now consider THAT to be a cheat. Geepers. LOL
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    12/26
    SW 11/2 (started keto): 150.6; 12/1: 142.6
    CW: 137.8
    GW for December 31: Was 139.6. Happy with anything under that. :)

My goals for December:
    Carbs: 36gm net (goal was 30 net)
    Calories: about 100 over
    Logging and measuring daily--check
    Getting in exercise at least 3x/wk--I did fit in a 15-min brisk walk today!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA. Busy busy.
    I was off-plan Christmas Eve evening and Christmas Day, which I soon regretted the night of that last day. I was so sick. And it carried over to about 1pm yesterday. Bleh.

I was back on-plan though yesterday morning and got some exercise in. On-plan today of course. I won't be going off-plan again for a long, long time. Not even for my birthday this week. Yuck. Nothing tastes good enough for me to go through that BS again. Ew. I keep forgetting how the carbage makes my body react. Why iz I so dum? Le sigh...

Annnnnnnnyways...

Wed, 12/23:

Water: 120/120oz check.jpg
    Electrolytes Good: check.jpg
    Logged Food: check.jpg
    Exercise as Planned?: 20 min HIIT check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 42/50g total check.jpg
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Yes! check.jpg
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! check.jpg
    7/7

Sat. 12/26:

Exercise as Planned?: 40 min kettlebells and 30 min walkcheck.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 46/50g total check.jpg
    7/7

Weekly Trees of Christmas Awesomeness Collected:
    Week 4 haul:
    tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif

I'm looking for a good kettlebell program for which to build strength/muscle. DH got me a set of single kettlebells for Xmas. I really wanted adjustable dumbbells, and I told him that, so I could do the program in the book I bought, but he got his lightning deal...
    Sigh. So now I need a program. I found a Level 1 of Jillian Michaels 2-level one on Youtube. I'd have to buy it to get the second level. And I'll probably use the few videos Fitness Blender has featuring kettlebells.
    Anyway...gabbing out loud to myself I guess.

Feeling better today after a full day on-plan. :+1:
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I heard kettle bells are great overall. I bet you could find all different level workouts on you tube. Design a program for yourself if you don't want to buy one!
    I'm slowly returning to my regular eating patterns post holiday. Will post more in a few days - after water retention release. I think I did okay weightwise, but man do I need to ramp up the holiday spirit for next year. At least I have a year to work it out. Maybe will be at goal weight and happily maintaining by then. (is that even possible?) Sounds like a new year's resolution except for the fact that I promised myself a year where weight loss and food issues were not going to be the resolution. I want a life beyond food and fat.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Too much for me to attempt to catch up on. I struggled over the past week to get enough water, and I caught a germ somewhere. But I've stayed as LCHF as I can be (some days carbs were a bit higher but not matching what I expected!). Ate a lot of steak, skipped a lot of lunches, got a LOT of steps in. Didn't get to write much after last Friday. My tracking has been consistent but not accurate in any way (had to just search for rough equivalents mostly).

So anyway, I earned some trees, but certainly not eleven out of eleven on most days. Still, I suspect I'll be about the same weight when I get to a scale again, if not a little lower. Feel like I'm mostly shrugging off this sinus infection that's trying to get at me. Lots of water, lots of good fats.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    12/27
    CW: 138.0 (bounced up a little)

Carbs: 25gm net (goal was 20-30 net)
    Calories: 29 over
    Getting in exercise at least 3x/wk--Lots of cleaning; no real exercise.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Oh and I'm excited I got the Body By You book and the YAYOG DVD's for Christmas! Planning to start those after my 12/31 DietBet weigh-in (after losing the last two rounds I don't want to risk anything making the scale bounce up right before weigh-in!).
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    SW 8/3: 195
    SW Dec 1: 159.0
    CW: 157.0
    GW for December 31: 159 or below, shooting for 157

Enjoyed a nice Christmas Eve dinner and gained a couple lbs, then the norovirus decided to make its rounds through our house (ugh). Spent Christmas Day comforting and cleaning up after my two older daughters and my husband. Then the baby got it. Then I got it, but fortunately a very mild version (thank goodness!). Somehow my three year old escaped it entirely. We're all feeling better now. I'll be cooking the Christmas ham tomorrow, lol. At any rate, the weight I gained from our Christmas Eve festivities dropped off, though not in a fun way. I'm hoping to maintain till January 1.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    What a whirlwind of activities for the holidays! Things are way too busy this time of year, imo!

Christmas day began beautifully! Breakfast casseroles (keto style) didn't go to waste! Everyone was too full to eat anything else! My sister, who was in charge of desserts, made me a low carb cheesecake (was too full to have any that day, but, had some yesterday evening (will tell of its effect on me below). It was sooooo sweet of her to think of me too! The afternoon meal was prepared by my mil, as usual. She had beef brisket, green bean and corn casseroles, potato salad, rolls, and chocolate pie. I allowed myself a small spoonful of the sides, with lots of yummy brisket, but no bread or dessert. Those three spoons of carbage were enough to leave me feeling like crap the rest of the day! Test, fail! Give me meat please!

The scale has been so kind this month! Staying in the 180s has been great!

So, I ate about half a slice of low carb cheesecake last night, so I could tell my sister how good it was (will be a lie, I'm afraid). I am so sensitive to splenda now, and I could taste it in there, but was hoping the little bit wouldn't make that much of a difference (Wrong!). I'm up, four pounds, on the scale this morning! Haven't seen that kind of swing back up in a long time! NO MORE ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS FOR ME! Anybody want some cheesecake? This one is headed to the garbage can!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Oh and I'm excited I got the Body By You book and the YAYOG DVD's for Christmas! Planning to start those after my 12/31 DietBet weigh-in (after losing the last two rounds I don't want to risk anything making the scale bounce up right before weigh-in!).

Good for you!
    elize7 wrote: »
    I heard kettle bells are great overall. I bet you could find all different level workouts on you tube. Design a program for yourself if you don't want to buy one!

It's kind of intimidating. Y'know, the learning curve. I'll probably do a couple free vids for awhile to learn them. If I like the Jillian, I'll buy the 2nd level. There are lots free on Fitness Blender, and probably elsewhere. There are a bunch of "routines" here and there. I just really wanted a program that hits everything in a short period, because I have a small window to get my workouts in. I'll figure something out.

Sun, 12/27:

Exercise as Planned?: 1hr walk check.jpg
    At or Under Carb Level: 46/50g total check.jpg
    7/7

Weekly Trees of Christmas Awesomeness Collected:
    Week 4 haul:
    tree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.giftree5.gif

• SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Still here! Haven't weighed because it's TOM for me, and I haven't been tracking but I'm just trying my best until holidays are over!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Week 4 check in:
    1.Under 30 net carbs. Christmas Eve/Day 50 net. +9 (bonus for staying 30 Christmas Eve/Day)
    2.Light exercise at least 4 days a week as RA permits. +3
    3. Try one new recipe each week. +2
    4. Stop oversleeping on work days!!! +3
    5. Lose 2 pounds. Lost 1.4 lb. this week +1

Over all a pretty successful month! I lost 3.6 pounds which is good for me because I lose very, very slowly. :) No days over 30 net carbs. I had one small spoonful of mashed potatoes at each of my two Christmas dinners but stayed under 30 and in ketosis! I still need work on adding more exercise but did okay this month.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting here during December but my goal was to get under 200 before the end of the year, which I did. I weighed in at 195 on 12/21! Yay. My next goal was to stay under 200 during Christmas. I was 197.6 this morning when I weighed. I did not log any food and did not stick to low carb last week...it was also TOM which did not help! I'm happy with only gaining 2.5 pounds and staying under the dreaded 200! I'm back logging my foods starting today. I did get on the treadmill Christmas night and then again this morning. This week will be another test as my boyfriend is moving into my house...he's totally supportive of my losing weight, just hasn't gotten around to changing his eating habits yet and I'm hoping that will eventually change...along with the fact that he'll be eating my cooking now full time instead of only on the weekends.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    My goal was to be under 150 most of the time, an day the end of the month but I don't know if I will be there. Today I was around 151.6 so my higher caloric intake is sticking to me.

I will keep calories a bit lower until December 31 and January 1st, when I plan to splurge on a few more calories again. I may not get below 150 by the 1st but I will be within a few weeks.

Getting closer to goal makes a slower rate loss easier to handle. I feel very fortunate. :).
  • jyvonne27
    Options
    Missed my check in yesterday

12/27
    SW 12/21 (started keto): 190
    CW: 182 up a little
    GW for December 31: 178
    Final GW 135

My goals for December:
    Carbs: 20 net carbs - under!
    Logging and measuring daily - done!
    Getting in exercise at least 3x/wk--no exercise today :(
    Water- 64 oz-- almost, got in 60 oz

Will post today's results after I finish my water and food for the day
  • jyvonne27
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

@macchiatto what kind of DVDs are those?
  • macchiatto
    Options
    @jyvonne27 it stands for You Are Your Own Gym; they're body-weight workouts.

12/28
    CW: 137.6

Carbs: 6 gm net
    Calories: About 450 under; this was a semi-fast day.
    Getting in exercise at least 3x/wk--I was on my feet most of the day cleaning.