Let's talk exercise

Options
What is your favorite type of exercise? Let's share ideas and strategies.

Replies

• missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So I walked up and down 11 flights of stairs the other day and my legs still feel like jello. My coworker suggests that I do the stairs again today to help my legs feel better. I am considering it because right now I feel like a penguin lol. Any suggestions for toning my arms or any cardio while I give my legs a rest on in between days?
  • Adamsa1969
    Adamsa1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really like the treadmill to do interval trading. I work on the fifth floor and try to walk the stairs 2 to 3 times a day...also try to use the stairs instead of the elevator.
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like burning calories through walking. I have a very sedentary job so I have to force myself to get all of my steps in!
  • ForTheLoveOfSorted
    Options
    I like any exercise where I'm alone in my own headspace. I am attempting Yoga daily. I enjoy cardio. As a mum of three it is a challenge to find alone time. Exercise is my space. Just don't prioritise it enough.
  • lowcarbfitness
    lowcarbfitness Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazmine, light cardio helps with DOMS, and stretching, lots and lots of it!
  • lowcarbfitness
    lowcarbfitness Posts: 410 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I tend to workout in the mornings, mostly to fitness videos (Dvds or Online), at least 30 min a day. I like walking, low impact HIIT or fusion type workouts like Barre.

I don't have to go the gym, so I have like zero excuses! But that doesn't prevent me from being lazy from time to time.

Is there a thread where we can check in for our workouts?

ETA: Oops, just saw the thread!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I haven't been exercising this year except for gardening. Sometimes this is strenuous, but mostly a lot of walking around, pulling hoses, digging, raking and the like. When I was losing weight, I was more dedicated to going to the gym. I would walk an hour, ride the stationary bike 30 minutes and then do circuit weights for 30 minutes or do floor exercises for 30 minutes.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That's quite an exercise regimen!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I think that after a year of that I got burnt out and that's why I fell off the wagon. Its difficult to get back to doing it once you quit.