Recipes

Options
Xannedoe
Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
So, I love to cook but I find it pretty hard too find decent recipes that are limited in calorie intake. So my question is, do you guys have some good healthy, tasty recipes lying around that can be shared? I would love to try them all out and it would help me out tons to stay on track.

Greetings Xannedoe

Replies

• inspiritedmama
    inspiritedmama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites this time of year is my

Fauxtato Leek Soup.

1 head of cauliflower (broken into pieces)
    3-4 leeks (chopped up to the end of the white bit)
    garlic and salt to taste
    1-3 bay leaves

I put everything into a crockpot and fill with water or homemade chicken stock. Cook on low til everything is mushy. I usually will scoop out 2 or 3 cups of the liquid at this point, so the finished product isn't so runny. Using an immersion blender mix it all up, adding the liquid back til you get a consistency you like.

You can add low fat cream, or fat free sour cream to thicken it up a bit if you like.

I will serve this with turkey bacon and fat free cheddar.
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Easy and satisfying breakfast

1/2 c vanilla Greek yogurt
    2 tbsp chopped walnuts
    2 broken up nature Valley breakfast biscuits
    (Eat the other two from the pack plain)
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    Made something good for dinner today:

*1 chicken breast, diced
    *half a carrot, diced
    *1 tomato. diced
    *1 paprika
    *half an onion
    *Pinch of oregano
    *Season to taste
    *Slice of mozarella

Take some oil, add the onion, when it's golden brown add the diced chicken.
    If the chicken is done, add the tomato, carrot and season it.
    Cut open the paprika , clean it, i took the top part of the paprika and diced it up and added it to the rest of the veggies.
    Put your filling in the paprika, put the slice of mozarella on top and put the left-over veggies/chicken in a tray. put the paprika on top of that and then bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 30 min.
  • hawkeyebrows
    hawkeyebrows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Still learning how to cook, I will try all these out!
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Someone just posted on Imgur some healthy 30 minute recipes. It should be floating around on the front page
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    found and faved!!!
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Xannedoe wrote: »
    found and faved!!!

Woohoo!! Let me know what you think of some. I'm planning to use a few, just gotta put together my grocery list this week.
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    lmitchellf wrote: »
    found and faved!!!

Woohoo!! Let me know what you think of some. I'm planning to use a few, just gotta put together my grocery list this week.

Will do, I'll try to post recipes on here more often, love cooking and experimenting with stuff, so why not share the stuff that works :wink:
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    Crazy idea of the day. So i'm basicly addicted to pasta bolognese, and since pasta is a lot of carbs i'm trying to cut them as much as i can. so yesterday i found myself craving pasta bolognese. I got some fresh tomatoes, made our recipe for the sauce and I replaced the pasta with veggies, Paprika, courgette, aubergine and some carrots and mushrooms. cut them all up. baked em all together in some oil. Threw a heap of the veggies on my plate added the sauce and it was delicious.
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Crazy idea of the day. So i'm basicly addicted to pasta bolognese, and since pasta is a lot of carbs i'm trying to cut them as much as i can. so yesterday i found myself craving pasta bolognese. I got some fresh tomatoes, made our recipe for the sauce and I replaced the pasta with veggies, Paprika, courgette, aubergine and some carrots and mushrooms. cut them all up. baked em all together in some oil. Threw a heap of the veggies on my plate added the sauce and it was delicious.

Awesome!! I've never actually had pasta bolognese, but your recipe sounds delicious! We're carrots and mushrooms your only vegetables?
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    No no not at all, i used aubergine and Paprika some zucchini, you can basicly use anything you want :) using the spice oregano is also really good. I've been loving it a lot lately :)
  • lmitchellf
    Options
    Soup!!!

Box of chicken broth
    Small can crushed tomatoes
    2-3 chicken breasts, baked
    Bag mixed veggies (peas, corn ,carrots, green beans)
    1 c white beans
    Half an onion sautéed in 1 tbsp butter
    Spices

Dump everything in a crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours. Enjoy!!

• meglenn52
    meglenn52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make this every once in a while, and it's so good! It looks complicated, but it only takes about 10-15 minutes to make.

Loaded Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich

INGREDIENTS
    This is what I used for one sandwich. Double, triple, etc. as needed
    2 pieces of bread
    1/2 of an avocado
    1/2 of a lime
    2 slices of your favorite cheese (I used white cheddar)
    2 large tomato slices
    1 small onion
    1 large handful of fresh spinach
    1 medium portobello mushroom
    Olive oil
    White wine
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Salt and pepper
    Butter

First make the simple guacamole. Scoop out 1/2 of an avocado and add it to a bowl. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it and the juice from 1/2 of a lime. Mash together with a fork or potato masher until just slightly chunky. Set aside.

Slice the onion into thin slices. Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook for several minutes, or until the onion begins to brown. I made sure that the pan was nice and hot so that the onion cooked and browned quickly. Once slightly browned, add a splash of white wine to the pan and let it cook off. Once the wine has cooked away, place the onions in a small bowl and set aside.

Add a large handful of spinach to the same pan as the onion, over medium high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach begins to wilt. Add another splash of white wine and continue to cook and stir until the wine has again cooked away. Remove the spinach from the pan as well and set aside.

Wipe the mushroom clean with a paper towel. Remove the stem and brown scaly insides. Slice the mushroom into long strips. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the mushroom strips and stir around to coat the mushrooms in oil. Let cook for several minutes, until the mushroom begins to get soft. Add a large splash of balsamic vinegar to the pan, stir, and let cook several more minutes, until the vinegar has cooked away. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.

To make the sandwich, butter one side of each piece of bread. Make the grilled cheese however you usually make one, layering the cheese and veggie layers.

How I did it: place one piece of bread in a pan over medium heat. Add the guacamole, tomato slices, one slice of cheese, onions, spinach, mushrooms and then another slice of cheese. Let cook until the bread is crispy and browned. Add the other piece of bread on top, buttered side up. Using a large spatula, quickly but carefully flip the sandwich. Let cook until the other slice of bread is crispy. Smash down a bit to combine everything together, slice and eat.

http://www.thedreamingfoodie.com/2013/07/29/loaded-veggie-grilled-cheese-sandwiches/
  • fvckyes
    fvckyes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I save healthy recipes on this pinterest board: Healthy & Simple Recipes

I'm mostly vegetarian, so these recipes have a lot of vegetables, beans, eggs, and healthy whole grains (quinoa, barley). Hope this helps someone!