Helpful Articles

Options
So I have found that bodybuilding.com has some good articles. I think this would be a good read for anyone who doesn't know a lot about losing weight/diet/gym

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/9-ways-youre-sabotaging-your-fat-loss?mcid=SM_facetraining

They also have good workout plans and videos explaining what exercises are if you don't know them. Highly recommend checking this site out.

Replies

• lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'll check this out and incorporate some stuff into my workout tomorrow. I'll let you know how I fare.
  • marsdahl
    marsdahl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    www.startingstrength.com is a great resource if you want to learn how to powerlift... Great articles and discussion boards. (If you want to read the whole book, it's like $10 for Kindle) There's even an app, which is what I use to track my workouts. My husband is a seasoned powerlifter and refers back to this constantly for his own training as well as helping me correct my form. An essential resource!
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    www.startingstrength.com is a great resource if you want to learn how to powerlift... Great articles and discussion boards. (If you want to read the whole book, it's like $10 for Kindle) There's even an app, which is what I use to track my workouts. My husband is a seasoned powerlifter and refers back to this constantly for his own training as well as helping me correct my form. An essential resource!

Thank you for posting that. How long have you been lifting?
  • marsdahl
    marsdahl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lmitchellf wrote: »

Thank you for posting that. How long have you been lifting?

I've been lifting inconsistently for almost four years, but just started completely over with Starting Strength 3x a week in October as a way to cope with anxiety after getting off meds. Before, I was lifting only once a week at best for the past couple of years.