What to do when you are at a low point?

Options
Xannedoe
Xannedoe Posts: 48 Member
We all know that moment in a diet, the moment you get really hungry and crave something. Now my question is: what do you guys do to prevent grabbing for food? I tend to get a few glasses of water to get rid of the feeling of hunger and since my eating is mostly linked with emotions a lot of the time, I put on some music to distract me (or even play music myself). I'd love to hear what you guys do in order to prevent ruining your diet. Let me know below and you might help some people out with your tips, or you get some tips out of this thread and prevent yourself from ruining your diet!!
Carry on people!!!

Xanne out!!!

Replies

• marsdahl
    marsdahl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    At work - LOTS of chewing gum. And water as well. Gum and sugar-free candy (in moderation!) works the best for me. I work at a desk 75% of the time, so it's hard to get up and go do something else to distract myself. When I'm at home it's easier to get up and go clean something. :)
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    marsdahl wrote: »
    At work - LOTS of chewing gum. And water as well. Gum and sugar-free candy (in moderation!) works the best for me. I work at a desk 75% of the time, so it's hard to get up and go do something else to distract myself. When I'm at home it's easier to get up and go clean something. :)

awesome, i'll keep that in mind :)
  • lmitchellf
    lmitchellf Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I go for a run on my treadmill, make soap, or start doing so kind of chore.

Making soap is just a fun little hobby for me, but when I get those bored cravings, I research new methods, recipes, fragrances, videos, etc. My mind suddenly goes somewhere else and food doesn't 'call' to me as much.
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    lmitchellf wrote: »
    I go for a run on my treadmill, make soap, or start doing so kind of chore.

Making soap is just a fun little hobby for me, but when I get those bored cravings, I research new methods, recipes, fragrances, videos, etc. My mind suddenly goes somewhere else and food doesn't 'call' to me as much.

Yea, i find that picking up my guitar and singing help me a lot, guess thats my soap hahahah :) also tea is a great way for me to get a satisfied feelin, it's tasty and not all too bad (dependin on the amount of sugar/milk you add)
  • inspiritedmama
    inspiritedmama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Brushing my teeth. A nice minty clean mouth is harder to put junk food into! lol.
  • Xannedoe
    Options
    Brushing my teeth. A nice minty clean mouth is harder to put junk food into! lol.

amazing :smiley:
  • Chinita7187
    Chinita7187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I'm gonna steal this. Thanks!
  • Chinita7187
    Chinita7187 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't keep sweets in the house, due to overdoing it but I will only allow myself one piece/ serving of what I want or make a smoothie. That way I get the sweet craving but also don't overeat.
  • hawkeyebrows
    hawkeyebrows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I watch a movie or read, I get too absorbed in the story and it distracts me from hunger
  • HiSkyfish
    HiSkyfish Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hot tea usually does the trick. no calories and it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. or I find something to clean.