Official 1st Weigh in & Challenge!

Leebett
Leebett Posts: 238 Member
It is so exciting to see all of you talking and sharing motivations, inspirations and successes! Each week I will be posting an "official" weigh in thread ask you to share something about yourself and a challenge. Then each week you can update us on how you did with your challenge.

Please give your official weight to start 2016. Then give us your motivation.

This week's challenge is simple - LOG EVERYTHING!!!
Good, bad or ugly just the act of logging everything, will make you think twice about shoving that snickers bar in your face! I am truly looking forward to this journey with all of you!

Replies

• jeremystroik
    jeremystroik Posts: 4 Member
    308.7 motivation honoring God with my life.
  • MommaLovesToLoseIt
    MommaLovesToLoseIt Posts: 271 Member
    January 1 weight 298.6. Like the logging challenge, log each and every bite! Motivation? Getting healthier, feeling more confident, and fitting into smaller clothes! Want to see more NSV, be a sexy wife, and have energy to keep up with my kids
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Official starting weight: 236

SW: Aug. 2015 was 258, got down to 232 just before Thanksgiving. (Holidays were a little rough, sooo glad to have this to come back to!) Looking forward to getting back to that low and then beyond...

Motivation: My family and feeling healthy

2016 goals... To make lasting changes that affect myself and my family (esp. my 3 girls) in our health (physical), spiritual, and mental bodies. Physical= for them to enjoy some of my daily exercises and for me to enjoy playing "sports" or whatever active activity they are interested in pursuing. Spiritual= read through the psalms together and journal our thoughts. Mental= for me to be faithful in their education, not lazy. =) (homeschooling through a charter school).
    I mention all of these goals in an attempt to share a little about myself and how my days are spent. Looking forward to hearing more about all of you!
  • KarenGa4
    KarenGa4 Posts: 148 Member
    Official weight as of 12/30/15: 400 lbs.
    Lost 75 lbs. in 2015

Motivation: to be able to move more, fit into a chairs, walk around a mall. I like logging. I am getting close to my 290th day if it
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    As of 1/1/2016 I am 268. I lost 17 pounds last year and hoping to do a lot better this year. My motivation is my kids. I want to be health and see them as adults and watch my grandkids grow. :)
  • titinil
    titinil Posts: 142 Member
    12/31/15 weight: 239
    Motivation: to become healthier and keep my glucose under control so I don't end up blind, with no feet in a wheelchair, and on dialysis.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    as of 1/1, I am at 272, and my motivation comes in several forms... My husband, and our relationship together; my son, and my participation in his activities; my (twin) sister, and the competition to be "the skinny one"; and, my closet, getting it cleared of the un-fun stuff!
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    As of 1/1/16 I'm at 319. My motivation is to lose enough to have my hip replacement surgery this year so I can get my mobility and my life back pain free. I like logging so that's not a problem for me.
  • FiddlinRDH
    FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
    As of 1/2/16 I was at 299.2
    Motivation comes from wanting to be healthier and to be able to wear what I want. I have 2 family members that have had surgery and I am now the big one. I don't like this! I don't want my picture taken. Going to make turning 45 years old in February in 2016 the best year ever!!
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Official weight 300.4
    Motivation to is to be the best me I can be!
  • janem_says
    janem_says Posts: 4 Member
    Starting weight is 245.0.
    I want to be active with my kids and be a good role model for them. I can do this!
  • middyfire
    middyfire Posts: 12 Member
    Official weight: 298
    Motivation: My kids, being able to keep up with them and getting healthy to be around and watch them grow up.
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Today's official weight 263.0

I started MFP in Sept 2015...54 pounds ago.

"If you want something you've never had, you have to do things that you've never done."
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    christyg74 wrote: »
    Today's official weight 263.0

I started MFP in Sept 2015...54 pounds ago.

"If you want something you've never had, you have to do things that you've never done."

Wow 54 pounds in three months, that's amazing. Congrats on the loss. I wish I could have those type of results. Lol Keep up the good work. :)
  • kilara21
    kilara21 Posts: 69 Member
    As of 1/3/16, I'm at 259.
    My motivation is to be able to play on the trampoline my son got for Christmas.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    January 1st weigh in was my all time high of 299 lbs. I'm not looking back but rather moving forward, one day at a time. My motivation... to look & feel good again, inside & out.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    CW: 251.4
    SW: 273.5 October 13, 2015

Jan goals: keep at good choices and logging; water in the weekends and kick up the exercise
  • justtjoy
    justtjoy Posts: 64 Member
    CW: 254
    SW: 304 May 2015

Getting back on track after a slippery 2 month slope
  • NCGatorJen
    NCGatorJen Posts: 18 Member
    Official start weight: 243lbs
    Motivation: my 3 yr old rockstar daughter, kicking my CPAP machine to the curb, having actual choices picking clothes, not worrying about spilling over into the next seat on an airplane.
  • ckbluesgirl07
    ckbluesgirl07 Posts: 135 Member
    Starting Weight 237.2

Motivation: I had a wake up call this summer when I had to turn down a job making twice what I make now. I had to turn it down because of the terrible back spasms and pain that I have on a daily basis. I was 284 lbs the day I decided enough is enough. I hope to reapply for the job once the weight is gone.